Activision giving away 500 demo kits of DJ Hero

I, like others, had issues signing up a while back. And then, I completely forgot about it. -_-

Was just now able to register...though I'm guessing it's going to be way late. Surely CAG isn't the only place signing up for these.

[quote name='sixghost']I got mine in the mail today. I thought there was no way this thing would actually show up.[/QUOTE]
When did you sign up for it? I'm interested to see if anyone gets them who signed up after the original deadline.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']When did you sign up for it? I'm interested to see if anyone gets them who signed up after the original deadline.[/QUOTE]

back when the thread was first posted, before the deadline

I was able to sign up again today.. I'm surprised that it's still open to registrations.. I had won one back in December and it came on the 21st via UPS just like they said.. This time I registered with my wife's info and we'll see if I have any success. I'm surprised that they're offering yet another round of giveaways. Makes me think that either 1) they have tons (maybe literally thousands of pounds worth!) of these sitting around or 2) the registration was left open by misake and is convenient for them because it lures more people to register for the site when registering for the sweepstakes.

Oh man, I thought someone got an email already, and I didn't. I was so sad, because this is around the time I estimated that they would be sent out, according to the time frame of the last giveaway. Anyways, we'll see if anyone gets one this week or not.

*signed up for one today* thanks OP maybe I'll get lucky and get a demo :) . it 'd save me money when I go to buy the actual game if the demo is fun enough and if it's not I can sell the table to a friend for 20$ who already owns the game but only has 1 table.

[quote name='weaselbelly']I was able to sign up again today.. I'm surprised that it's still open to registrations.. I had won one back in December and it came on the 21st via UPS just like they said.. This time I registered with my wife's info and we'll see if I have any success. I'm surprised that they're offering yet another round of giveaways. Makes me think that either 1) they have tons (maybe literally thousands of pounds worth!) of these sitting around or 2) the registration was left open by misake and is convenient for them because it lures more people to register for the site when registering for the sweepstakes.[/QUOTE]
It's technically not "still open". They closed down registrations after the first wave for a while, now it's back open for a second wave.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']hope they send these out soon. anybody know how many songs are on the trial kit ???[/QUOTE]

5 tracks

Tutorial

Queen * Daft Punk
Another one Bites Da Funk
The Dust

Single Player Setlist

Marvin Gaye * Gorillaz
I Heard It Through the Feel Good Inc
Grapevine

Gwen Stefani
* Rick James
Hollaback Girl Give It to me Baby

Black Eyed Peas
* Benny Benassi
Boom Boom Pow Satisfaction

DJ + Guitar Setlist
Foo Fighters * Beastie Boys
Monkey Wrench Sabotage

Has it been confirmed that the turntable they send you works with the real game? I might want to pawn this off if it gets boring but if not I'll definitely keep it.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Has it been confirmed that the turntable they send you works with the real game? I might want to pawn this off if it gets boring but if not I'll definitely keep it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does work with the full game.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Yes, it does work with the full game.[/QUOTE]
Perfect thanks. Now we just wait for the next wave of participants to be selected.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Perfect thanks. Now we just wait for the next wave of participants to be selected.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I actually entered a second time, haha, so I may end up with 3 turntables (entered for my brother, though).

However, if I do end up winning again, I'd gladly send it out to a CAG (who would have to pay shipping, but still).

After playing the demo, I ended up buying the game. It's really fun; takes a bit to get used to, but it's different, and I like it. Not a big "hip-hop" listener, but I still really enjoy most of the tracks in the game (besides every single song ever being mixed with the Jackson 5, that gets quite annoying).

Also, off-topic, but what did you end up doing with your Terminator 360? I still have mine sitting here, although I stripped it of parts (gave the 60GB HDD to a friend with my old 360, same with the plugs and headset).

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']No problem. I actually entered a second time, haha, so I may end up with 3 turntables (entered for my brother, though).

However, if I do end up winning again, I'd gladly send it out to a CAG (who would have to pay shipping, but still).

After playing the demo, I ended up buying the game. It's really fun; takes a bit to get used to, but it's different, and I like it. Not a big "hip-hop" listener, but I still really enjoy most of the tracks in the game (besides every single song ever being mixed with the Jackson 5, that gets quite annoying).

Also, off-topic, but what did you end up doing with your Terminator 360? I still have mine sitting here, although I stripped it of parts (gave the 60GB HDD to a friend with my old 360, same with the plugs and headset).[/QUOTE]
Ended up selling it and added the money to my car fund. I wanted to keep it, but the money I made from it got me from a 1998 model to a 2002 model car. I got a little over $700 for it and it was definitely worth selling it. If you don't plan on using it, I would advise doing the same even though you gave away some of the stuff it came with. The box itself is a least $500.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']No problem. I actually entered a second time, haha, so I may end up with 3 turntables (entered for my brother, though).

Also, off-topic, but what did you end up doing with your Terminator 360? I still have mine sitting here, although I stripped it of parts (gave the 60GB HDD to a friend with my old 360, same with the plugs and headset).[/QUOTE]

Dibs on being that CAG. *cough*

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170418381543[/QUOTE]

Damn, I only saw it going for about $300 or so when the contest ended. Had no idea it would go for practically $700. I may have to re-consider, and sell it. I haven't powered it on or anything, just took off the HDD and VGA cables (but have spare cables from my 360 Arcade unit). Still has the power supply, and a controller too.

Decisions, decisions.. haha.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Damn, I only saw it going for about $300 or so when the contest ended. Had no idea it would go for practically $700. I may have to re-consider, and sell it. I haven't powered it on or anything, just took off the HDD and VGA cables (but have spare cables from my 360 Arcade unit). Still has the power supply, and a controller too.

Decisions, decisions.. haha.[/QUOTE]
I would sell that shit in a heartbeat, unless you're a collector of Terminator items...and even then I would still sell it. Thats insane, almost 700 bucks for it.

I hope I win one as I'd like to try it out, but it's not the style of music I usually listen to so I don't want to spend a ton of cash on it.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I hate when this thread gets bumped because I'm always thinking that someone received theirs and I'll be getting mine soon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah sersiously. I keep thinking that someone got their shipping email and I didn't, and I get all sad.

But then I come and see it's only someone complaining about not getting an email yet...:roll:

Just got this Email today for all wondering what is going on.

Congratulations! You have won a DJ Hero "Trial Kit".
Your prize is going to be shipped out this week and you should receive it in the next 3-5 business days.
Thank you,
From the DJ Hero Team.

[quote name='mikebz28']Just got this Email today for all wondering what is going on.

Congratulations! You have won a DJ Hero "Trial Kit".
Your prize is going to be shipped out this week and you should receive it in the next 3-5 business days.
Thank you,
From the DJ Hero Team.[/QUOTE]
I got this too, but whats weird is that I already have one from the first batch.
I guess I'll find out if I get a 2nd one in 3-5 business days.

[quote name='TBS']I got this too, but whats weird is that I already have one from the first batch.
I guess I'll find out if I get a 2nd one in 3-5 business days.[/QUOTE]

I also got that email, but I already won last time...

Add me to the bunch. I won one last time, and I just got the e-mail, too. Hell, the last one is still sitting there, untouched. I meant to sell it on Craigslist, but never got around to it. Too bad, considering the price of the game has dropped so much.

bread's done
Back