ACTUAL photo of the Xbox 360

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Nice...I hate the wireless part of it though.[/QUOTE]

What don't you like about wireless? Just curious, not attacking your post or anything. I like the wireless controllers myself, have them for all 3 current systems. But I guess if you didn't like/need wireless maybe you wouldn't want to pay the extra $$ for it.

He probably hates the having to go through many batteries to play with them.. Unless they decied to make them rechargeable.

The rumor is that they are rechargable. They will have cords which you can plug in to recharge them and still play while they're charging. Likely this will be under the "flip port." We shall see. Makes the wireless a bit better.

Oh man is that webcam gonna be trouble.
Why do they feel the need to make it like the PS2s failed vertical capacity? I understand the need to appeal to the people looking for the PC tower but its pointless in a console fitting into an entertainment center. Headset will still be cheap ass plastic and break as soon as you put it on no doubt.

I hope you people who are saying it's ugly aren't saying that in comparison to the current Xbox. The current one is hideous, the new one is a welcome change

Agreed definately better looking then the first xbox. Nothing earth shaking though in terms of innovative design...*anticipates E3 showing of the revolution*...

Yeah, that camera is going to be baaaaad news on live. I like the Penny Arcade comic on the Xbox 360's anticipated use of the web cam. All the pictures were of the dudes balls. I have a feeling we may be seeing more than just people's nether regions unless that shit gets moderated big time.

[quote name='alongx']I hope you people who are saying it's ugly aren't saying that in comparison to the current Xbox. The current one is hideous, the new one is a welcome change[/QUOTE]

damn straight, it looks big though, hopefully there is a hard drive in there and hopefully its backwards compatiable. I might just get one if so.

edit, oh yeah... i guess that photo leaked a couple of weeks ago was legit

slim ps2 > xbox 360 imo regarding design.

I like small non-tower designs that aren't all white. Anything but all white. I hope they have a different color scheme set for this.

Hell, i'll take the gamecubes design over this one.

[quote name='paean']I like this design, and I like the original xbox. It is the PS2 that looks fugly, even the slim one.[/QUOTE]

i am completely baffled... how can you say the slim ps2 looks worse than the xbox. i mean the old ps2, maybe, but man the xbox is a fuckin boulder

av14171zc.jpg

I think it looks pretty nice. Let's hope it's not a bulletproof monstrocity like the last one, anyways.

And for those bitching about the colors, rumor is that there will be different colors you can put onto the system. I kind of lament getting rid of the black and green motif, personally.

[quote name='Kaijufan']It looks pretty average to me. I would like it more if it was black and green like the orginal Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I really like the design of the Xbox in green and black. It could just be the resolution of these pics and just like the PSP, this machine will look a lot better in person. I think this one looks kind of ugly though.

Flat grey is the ugliest color, it should be platnuim or silverish.

The vertical part I think is to make it more like a computer than a gaming system.

I like it. Ive gotten used to the XBox design, but this still looks nice and sleek. And keep in mind that there's a strong rumor of changable faceplates. I'm not sure how itll work, but it sounds like youll have some control over color. If all else falls, spray paint it yourself or go colorwarepc.

BTW, I thought the first picture of the controller looked cheap and plasticy, but evil's pic looks pretty rad. And one would think that MS would try to avoid Apple comparisons in terms of their color choices.

I forget where I heard it from, but someone said that camera on the right looked like R.O.B and I couldn't agree more...

And I don't like that design one bit. I want the black and green leviathan back.

[quote name='evilmax17']
1387385638449262.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Am I imagining a "1,2,3,4" around the logo [on the four corners if it were a square] ?

I think it is to indicate which controller/player # you are .

The middle button is teh Live menu since Live is supposed to be integrated in every single game now. You're right about the numbers tho- pretty sure they're indicative of which player you are.
I think Microsoft is trying to tap the might of Apples ipods iwith the color scheme.

These are all pictures taken by assorted cameras (some camera phones) at MTV's "exlcusive" launch party I guess

4editeurs20050507_215547_0_big.jpg

The one everyone has seen

4editeurs20050507_233411_0_big.jpg

Close up of the controller (whats that wierd ball in the middle?)

4editeurs20050507_232046_0_big.jpg

Pic of the media center remote

4editeurs20050507_215547_1_big.jpg

pic of the custom power buttons available (SWEET!)

niiiceeee

[quote name='StealthySeal']

4editeurs20050507_215547_1_big.jpg

pic of the custom power buttons available (SWEET!)

niiiceeee[/QUOTE]

Pff, if you cared that much you could drawn on your 360.

Are these things you print out?

[quote name='StealthySeal']
pic of the custom power buttons available (SWEET!)[/QUOTE]
Actually, this was a reward pic from OurColony.net, so it hasn't been confirmed or anything yet. Not that anything else was, but this one's very vague, as all of Ourcolony has been thus far :p Here's a theoretical look, thanks to phoenix9 at Unfiction: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/files/360s_194.jpg

[quote name='modium']Actually, this was a reward pic from OurColony.net, so it hasn't been confirmed or anything yet. Not that anything else was, but this one's very vague, as all of Ourcolony has been thus far :p Here's a theoretical look, thanks to phoenix9 at Unfiction: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/files/360s_194.jpg[/QUOTE]

All except for one look pretty crappy. Hopefully they'll come with matching custom skins for the box.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']White controllers...those are gonna get dirty quick.[/QUOTE]
Dust shows more on black surfaces, then white surfaces. Though with Webcams, these controllers might have other ways of getting dirty :puke:

bread's done
Back