Ad Highlights for 1/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome price on Wild Arms 4, very surprised Circuit City is getting it in stock.

Gamestop can fuck off now, trying to tell me that "no other retailer is going to get it and supplies will be limited!!"

Never take anything anyone working at Gamestop at face value.....

On that note, if I can get BB to Price Match WA4 and then use a coupon and get it for 20 bucks, I would be a happy man.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I wonder how that CoD2 face plate looks, cant seem to find a link[/QUOTE]

I also am curious to see what it looks like. I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything either.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I wonder how that CoD2 face plate looks, cant seem to find a link[/QUOTE]

I am realy into this faceplate thing and i dont think there is one! This is ethir a special release or you get a faceplate that they already have in stock for free with the game.

if it is indeed min. 6 per store, then maybe that CoD 2 faceplate really is a special release. would be cool to see what it looks like, and or get it without having to buy CoD 2.

[quote name='asianxcore']if it is indeed min. 6 per store, then maybe that CoD 2 faceplate really is a special release. would be cool to see what it looks like, and or get it without having to buy CoD 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if it is cool i am just going to buy it seperatly... and if i cant i think i just might buy a second copy and try and return it to wal mart.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='ZForce']Never take anything anyone working at Gamestop at face value.....

On that note, if I can get BB to Price Match WA4 and then use a coupon and get it for 20 bucks, I would be a happy man.[/QUOTE]

Would CC honor the $10 off coupon from BB?

Wow, great deal on WA4. Wasn't anticipating almost any retailer receiving it outside of GS/EB and maybe Fry's and the only one to have a deal on it would be Fry's, but at $30 I am so sold. And if I'm lucky I may even get the coupon to work. Woo!

[quote name='Roufuss']Awesome price on Wild Arms 4, very surprised Circuit City is getting it in stock.

Gamestop can fuck off now, trying to tell me that "no other retailer is going to get it and supplies will be limited!!"[/QUOTE]
According to the guy at EB, Ultimate Block Party for PSP was cancelled and is never coming out despite the fact I can order it now on their site or pick it up at another store. Kind of irrelevant though.

[quote name='TimPV3']According to the guy at EB, Ultimate Block Party for PSP was cancelled and is never coming out despite the fact I can order it now on their site or pick it up at another store. Kind of irrelevant though.[/QUOTE]

I coulda sword when i was out today i was a UBP on psp somewhere.

[quote name='Roufuss']Awesome price on Wild Arms 4, very surprised Circuit City is getting it in stock.

Gamestop can fuck off now, trying to tell me that "no other retailer is going to get it and supplies will be limited!!"[/QUOTE]

Supplies are always limited. If the publisher printed unlimited copies, earth would turn into a black hole.

But yes, it's unethical (and illegal) to falsely make the other claim.

Thanks for posting. BTW might want to change the title to identify that its the Circuit City Ad.

On another note, i'm going to try to wake up early to get COD2 w/Faceplate on Sunday. Im a sucker for limited edition stuff. I hope its limited

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Could the COD2 Faceplate be this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/FACEPLATE-Call-of-Duty-2-XBOX-360-LIMITIERT-NEU_W0QQitemZ8750514152QQcategoryZ117567QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im hoping its not, i dont like it.

Edit: the more i look at it, its not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Once again a faceplate that would look much better with the white CD tray rather than the chrome one. If you had that on a premium system you would have 3 different shades of silver going one. One for the Call of Duty 2 logo, one for the tray, and one for the on/off button.

Ya thats the one in the ad. I bought COD2 in november and thankfully with the extended return period, I can just buy it new with the faceplate, then return the new game using my old receipt and keep the faceplate.

Wild Arms 4 for $30 is tempting. But looking at how relatively cheap you can get for Wild Arms 3 everywhere, I'm wondering if this gonna be the same.

[quote name='PSTwoGamer']Wild Arms 4 for $30 is tempting. But looking at how relatively cheap you can get for Wild Arms 3 everywhere, I'm wondering if this gonna be the same.[/QUOTE]

yea hopefully about that I just picked up Wild Arms 3 instore at gamestop flawless used condition for 10 bucks. Looks like a gutted copy as someone just traded it in hence the gutted sticker still on top.

[quote name='PSTwoGamer']Wild Arms 4 for $30 is tempting. But looking at how relatively cheap you can get for Wild Arms 3 everywhere, I'm wondering if this gonna be the same.[/QUOTE]

I don't think WA4 will be as easy to find cheap as 3 is because it comes under a different publisher. Sony published WA3, and much like the rest of it's games, supplied copious amounts to stores everywhere (and since it came out early in the PS2 years, it was even more ubiquitous as one of the fewer RPGs). XSEED is a new company, and this is it's first game - it's likely that they can't afford to overproduce.

Anyone notice that the COD2 faceplate will only look right if you leave your 360 horizontal. Nice, but mine being vertical I'm cleared from having to buy and return under my old receipt. Just thought I'd point it out in case someone didn't realize before they went to BB.

[quote name='CaoPi']WA 4 due to the low rating and reviews I'll hold off on the meantime I have to many unplayed games...

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/918840.asp[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time trusting the review that gave it a 1.5 out of 5 when it starts the review with something like, "You know, this Wild Arms series has sucked and needed to die 8 years ago. Just seeing a '4' infuriates me and I hate this game. Go die in a car fire if you like this game." ...just damages the credibility of the review and the magazine.

http://opm.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3146857&did=3

I thought the Wild Arms games were great.

Anyway...

Now I have to decide. Blue DS with Nintendogs (via CC ad). Or red DS with Mario Kart for $20 more.

Bought online, free shipping, but longish wait. That's fine considering I still have Alter Code F to play through.

[quote name='valor19']I thought the Wild Arms games were great.

Anyway...

Now I have to decide. Blue DS with Nintendogs (via CC ad). Or red DS with Mario Kart for $20 more.[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart without question. SP is great but wait till you get into wifi with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back