Ad Hoc Party = PSP/PS3 Greatness!

kurrptsenate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
I was just informed about this absolutely amazing, free add-on for people that have wired connections to their PS3, as well as any model of PSP. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this amazing add-on (free), it uses your PS3 as a server to allow its built in wi-fi to connect with the PSP wi-fi adapter and allow you to play ad-hoc games on the PSP online. It also allows text and voice chat through the PSP, though I haven't been able to chat with the bluetooth headset as of yet.

The interface is a tad confusing at first. You choose between worlds, A-I, and pick a lobby, 1-55. You have an online character similar to a random stick figure you would see on a sign post driving on the road. One person makes an almost card-board-like house and other players enter this house which is the online lobby. The PS3 detects the wi-fi connection and broadcasts it online as if it were an online private network.

Considering the amount of games that have ad-hoc capabilities, yet no infrastructure mode, it really adds to the life of the PSP and opens up tons of possibilities. I don't think there could be a better free add-on for the PSP :)

bread's done
Back