Additional Virtual Console games discovered through the ESRB.

Ugamer_X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
No thread yet? Well, here's the list:

Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)
Hogan's Alley (E for Everyone)
Kid Icarus (E for Everyone)
Kirby's Adventure (E for Everyone)
Pilot Wings (E for Everyone)
Pro Wrestling (E for Everyone)
Punch-Out (E for Everyone)
Wild Gunman (E for Everyone)

Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)
Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)
Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)
Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)
Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)
Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

Some of those were already announced, but there are definitely more than a few new ones.

The source- http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744751p1.html

Why even bother with Duck Hunt, seriously?

Otherwise, Super Metroid? Hell yes.

Mario RPG is a surprise. I guess Squeenix wasn't kidding from a few months ago.

Wait, wha?

The first batch you have there were discussed in the VC thread, but damn, where'd the others come from?

Unfortunately I'm a tool and probably won't eBay my mint Mario RPG.

Hell, if they can find a way to put Ogre Battle 64 on there, I'll throw my redheaded-stepchild of an N64 on eBay in a second.

Punch Out
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario RPG
Super Metroid
Pro Wrestling

I'll have $36(ish) set aside for you... my friends...

[quote name='pop311']Is that PilotWings for the N64, or SNES?[/QUOTE]
Should be SNES, otherwise it would be called Pilotwings 64.

I can only assume that the light gun games will have Wiimote funcionality??

Mario RPG - NICE. I specifically avoided tracking this one down in hopes that it would show up on the VC. Nice to see that the waiting wasn't all for nothing!

And Kirby's Dream Land 3 has eluded me for ages! This is gonna be sweet.

Well, there's, what, 18 there? I would guess you'll see half those in December, half in January. Or January and February, since the initial release is almost December anyway.

[quote name='Strell']Why even bother with Duck Hunt, seriously?[/quote]

Maybe it'll be the arcade version so you can shoot that damn dog. Then it would be worth it.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It's good to see SNES's 2 best exlusives (Super Mario RPG & Kirby Superstar) are both coming. But I already have both on my SNES.[/quote]

Just be happy for the rest of us then :)

I see a few games on that list I will download.

Super Mario RPG - I rented but never finished the game,
Super Metroid - Never played it but I have always wanted to
Kirby's Super Star
Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Starfox 64

SMRPG is my favorite game eveeeeeeeer. actually that little gameboy that was in the game has been the most addicting thing in a game, haha.. I play it sometimes JUST to play the gameboy :p

And these games wont be anymore than $10 each? If so Mario RPG is definitely worth it, I wanna play that one :D

Where did these others come from? I've only seen the first batch on the ESRB ratings.

Also, to whoever said they're going to finally see what all the fuss is about Kid Icarus--I don't understand the fuss over this game. It's repetitive, boring, and incredibly hard.

[quote name='Strell']Why even bother with Duck Hunt, seriously?[/QUOTE]

Well if they manage to make the Wiimote replace the Zapper I would consider grabbing Duck Hunt.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Well if they manage to make the Wiimote replace the Zapper I would consider grabbing Duck Hunt.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but just wait until Wii Play is released and get, essentially, Duck Hunt Enhanced.

I'll definitely get Kid Icarus... but that's it. I might get Mario RPG maybe, later on. But for now, Kid Icarus is the only one I'm really interested in.

[quote name='Strell']Yea, but just wait until Wii Play is released and get, essentially, Duck Hunt Enhanced.[/QUOTE]

I played Wii Play: Shooting and while it was clearly inspired by Duck Hunt, the ducks rarely make an appearance.

Just remember... Dont shoot your Mii.

Star Fox 64, the second it's released, will be on it's way to my console. 2nd best game on the 64 behind Mario Kart 64, but I think that DS trumps 64 in every way, so I'm not sure I'll get MK.

Maybe SF64 will be optimized just a tad t get a near 60fps framerate.... oh man... :)

EDIT: Has there been an announcment of Wii Play coming to the US? It seems so weird that I've heard nothing about it...

Again, has there been any proof that these games are on the VC list? I can't find the source anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the story up on IGN.

[quote name='Plinko']Also, to whoever said they're going to finally see what all the fuss is about Kid Icarus--I don't understand the fuss over this game. It's repetitive, boring, and incredibly hard.[/QUOTE]

A lot of us also gobble up overhead shooters, and they're, for the most part, also repetitive and hard ;) You may have found it boring, but I personally treasure my
original cart [and I'm sure that plenty of others do, as well]. It was a fantastic game that left a lasting impression on more than a few of us.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It's good to see SNES's 2 best exlusives (Super Mario RPG & Kirby Superstar) are both coming. But I already have both on my SNES.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Super Metroid is far and away the best game on the SNES, even if it is a moot point.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)
Hogan's Alley (E for Everyone)
Kirby's Adventure (E for Everyone)
Pilot Wings (E for Everyone)
Punch-Out (E for Everyone)
Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)[/QUOTE]
Impressive!

There are a bunch of games on that list that I would buy. Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG, Mario Kart 64. I am starting to really love this VC thing.

[quote name='daroga']EDIT: Has there been an announcment of Wii Play coming to the US? It seems so weird that I've heard nothing about it...[/quote]

No, there has only been confirmations so far for the UK and Japan. I've been looking on all the release lists and not seen it on any of them. I'm hoping that it's one of the "secret announcements" that is coming.

Something I find interesting is the inclusion of Duck Hunt. The logical assumption is that they have reprogrammed the game to work with the Wiimote. However, I thought they weren't really going to reprogram anything. The light gun and Wiimote work on entirely different technologies, and while I doubt it was that tough to do, it would require some work. Should I allow this to give me any hope that in the future their might be other changes/features added to VC games?

Earthbound will be the only acceptable choice to pop my Wii's VC cherry

Here's games i wanted to download ;)

Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Kirby's Super Star (SNES)
Starfox 64 (N64)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES)

I never have change play any Kirby's game on SNES or Star Fox on 64. Esspecially, Super Mario RPG on my MOST WANTED for while now. hope it didn't cost too much $$$ for it. :)

[quote name='drfunk85']Something I find interesting is the inclusion of Duck Hunt. The logical assumption is that they have reprogrammed the game to work with the Wiimote. However, I thought they weren't really going to reprogram anything. The light gun and Wiimote work on entirely different technologies, and while I doubt it was that tough to do, it would require some work. Should I allow this to give me any hope that in the future their might be other changes/features added to VC games?[/QUOTE]Well the Mario Advance games on GBA had a few gameplay tweaks, so you never know!

The dark horse of this lists are Pro Wrestling and Kirby Superstar. Pro Wrestling is one of the best sport games of all time and Kirby Superstar is simply the best Kirby game ever, bar none. Hopefully we'll see most of these in December/January.

[quote name='sonderiaom']No, there has only been confirmations so far for the UK and Japan. I've been looking on all the release lists and not seen it on any of them. I'm hoping that it's one of the "secret announcements" that is coming.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed no, but at the Fusion Tour they were demoing the game. It is a safe bet its coming to the US too, the only question is will it be packaged with a Wiimote, nothing, or something else like the demoed gun shell.

bread's done
Back