Additions to game collection feature

the_grimace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
I have decided its probably a good idea to archive my game collection now since its over 300 and I have moved to a new area, i thought what no better time to finally try out the CAG collection system. I really like what I see this far, but I have some suggestions that should even make it better.

the suggestion itself is basically to add more info the the one line tab for each game in the collection. There on only a few selectable options availble now on the tab such as playing, available for trade, beaten, rating, and one or two others.

I think it would be great to add further icons to this tab. A condition tab would be excellent, saying what materials it came with (such as case, manual, disc, etc) and what condition it was generally in, or to go even further, display what condition each separate item is in. I know this is in the further details, but its not displayed when i strongly feel it should be displayed on that tab.

another cool one to add would be the worth of the item. Perhaps put in a msrp, a current retail price, or the price you paid right on that little tab. Then have the system do running totals for all the games in your collection to see how much msrp you collection is worth, or how much you paid for it, etc...

region would be another nice one to add to the tab

if you ever decided to make the tab a lil bigger, a small gif image of case art would be very sweet.

you could also add a little area for the user to write a review about the game, or just a little comment, but now were getting extreme with things. haha

all and all, i really like what i see, but it would be great to see that at the least you could add price and condition/materials to the tab in the very near future, if not more of my suggestions. thanks for reading!

Sounds good. I wish the games were organized by Console in folders, then you can open up the folder to find the games in ABC order.

[quote name='FroMann']Sounds good. I wish the games were organized by Console in folders, then you can open up the folder to find the games in ABC order.[/QUOTE]

I was actually coming back to this thread to post this very concern. Its a huge downer to open your collection and see everything in one big jumbled up mess. It should definitely be organized by console by default, then alphabetically within each console.

For example, I wanted to cross check how many ps3 games I had with my hard copy list, (to make sure I added them all) but the only way to do this is to scroll through 300 other games, and count the ps3 games on each page.

so this would be a great addition, and I dont think it would be too hard to implement.

bread's done
Back