ADV.com Memorial Day Anime Sale

It's a shame that most of the really good cells and all the free soundtracks are sold out.

Man I'm screwed. There's this sale, Geneon, and Funimation going on all at once. I won't have any money for the DDD 20% off sale.

Most prices jumped up a few bucks so almost all of my potential purchases went out the window. Oh well.

I did jump on one or two of the $0.00 items, if only for a laugh. I'm assuming it's just an error and I'll probably be charged the $6 or $7 for those items as the standard price but, eh, it'll be nice if they are actually free (not counting shipping).

I jumped as well, it cant hurt to try and see.

Thank you.

Your purchase has been approved.

You should receive an email confirming your order#

Item Information:

Item Number: MAD/001
Item Name: Azumanga Daioh Volume One
Qty: 1
Price: $0.00

Item Number: MAD/002
Item Name: Azumanga Daioh Volume Two

Item Number: MAD/003
Item Name: Azumanga Daioh Volume Three

Item Number: MAD/004
Item Name: Azumanga Daioh Volume Four

Item Number: MGG/001
Item Name: Gunslinger Girl Volume One

Item Number: MFP/001
Item Name: Full Metal Panic Volume One

Item Number: MFP/002
Item Name: Full Metal Panic Volume Two

Item Number: MFP/003
Item Name: Full Metal Panic Volume Three

Item Number: MFP/004
Item Name: Full Metal Panic Volume Four

Item Number: MFP/005
Item Name: Full Metal Panic Volume Five

Item Number: MFP/006
Item Name: Full Metal Panic Volume Six

Item Number: MFP/007
Item Name: Full Metal Panic Volume Seven

SubTotal: $0
Shipping: $16.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $16.00

Billing Address:

Shipping Address:

Thanks again for shopping ADV Films!
If you have any questions regarding your order, please send us email at [email protected]

Man, this is gonna cause a serious dilemma for me. I have been waiting for a sale like this for quite some time now, but I have also been wanting to buy some new computer speakers. Decisions, decisions....

KingNes, let us know if you actually get all of those for $0.00. Can't believe I missed that, it costs like $8 to get FMP now.

last time they sent Madlax 7 and farscape 1.1 free without any fuss, but it is quite a few things this time around.

I'm trying to decide if it'd be worth it to order Aura battler Dunbine 7, 9-10. How hard are 8 and 11-12 to find? I really enjoy what I have of the series so what do you think? Would it be worth it to get those from the sale?

Is there anything new or different in this sale compared to previous ones? I didn't see much, though prices were 0.00. Don't really care for most of what I saw or it was just higher than I'm willing to pay.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It's a shame that most of the really good cells and all the free soundtracks are sold out.

Man I'm screwed. There's this sale, Geneon, and Funimation going on all at once. I won't have any money for the DDD 20% off sale.[/quote]

I know what you mean, I've been really eyeing that Paranoia Agent boxset, and at this price I'm not sure I'll be able to hold out much longer. :cry: That, the fox sets and sams club...uugggghhh... by the way, anybody have any other suggestions for Geneon? My brain is sort of coming up empty at the moment and I know that they're probably my favorite anime company, probably tied or up there with Funimation or ADV.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I know what you mean, I've been really eyeing that Paranoia Agent boxset, and at this price I'm not sure I'll be able to hold out much longer. :cry: That, the fox sets and sams club...uugggghhh... by the way, anybody have any other suggestions for Geneon? My brain is sort of coming up empty at the moment and I know that they're probably my favorite anime company, probably tied or up there with Funimation or ADV.[/QUOTE]

mmm here are some that i liked and collected from geneon:
Samurai Champloo
Ai Yori Aoshi
Tenjho Tenge

Ghost Talker's Daydream looks really twisted i might have to go see that...

i think here are some titles that i saw some other CAGs liked to to watch
Haiban Renmei
Fafner
Hellsing

I'll letcha guys in regards to the 0.00 priced items, now someone mentioned a geneon sale? Anyone have any links? I'd love to get some of their DVDs on the cheap.

I think last time the misprice on Madlax was honored. So who knows. :eek: If it comes down to it and they charge you for it, you could see about cancelling it since they /did/ afterall advertise the price as being $0, just shipping. Lol.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I know what you mean, I've been really eyeing that Paranoia Agent boxset, and at this price I'm not sure I'll be able to hold out much longer. :cry: That, the fox sets and sams club...uugggghhh... by the way, anybody have any other suggestions for Geneon? My brain is sort of coming up empty at the moment and I know that they're probably my favorite anime company, probably tied or up there with Funimation or ADV.[/QUOTE]
Jubei-chan 2
Gankutsuou
Cardcaptor Sakura
R.O.D The TV
Haibane Renmei
Fushigi Yuugi

Damn, so close to getting Azumanga Daioh for 0.00. I put it in my cart and it was still free, but it changed to $9 a pop once I went to process it. :(

Yeah, with the last sale I ordered 4 copies of Madlax for the price of $0.00 and $1 shipping for each of them, but only got one. I don't know if I got the last one or if they weren't gonna let me hog them.

[quote name='KingNES']I'll letcha guys in regards to the 0.00 priced items, now someone mentioned a geneon sale? Anyone have any links? I'd love to get some of their DVDs on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Me too, have no idea what they are talking about though. IIRC Geneon doesn't even have their own store, they go through Right Stuf. We needs links here please.

Right Stuf's current sale is on Funimation titles, I think they had a Geneon sale last week.
If you're interested in Azumanga Daioh, TRSI has volumes 1-6 for 6.99 each. Free shipping at 49.00.
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/VJxvxObvou3wL4x=Zm/browse/item/62171/4/0/-2334

In fact, it looks like there's a lot of decent stuff in their Bargain Bin.
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/VJxvxObvou3wL4x=Zm/browse/outline/4/2334

Someone mentioned Cardcaptor Sakura [great series, btw].
DDD has got the Clow and Sakura sets for 53.xx each. They're 90 bucks at Amazon. 18 disk set, the entire tv run of the show, for 106 bucks. That's a bargain. I paid 99 for disks 10-18, and 12 for 6, 8, 9 to complete my set, and thought that was a good deal [which it was at the time].

[quote name='integralsmatic']mmm here are some that i liked and collected from geneon:
Samurai Champloo
Ai Yori Aoshi
Tenjho Tenge

Ghost Talker's Daydream looks really twisted i might have to go see that...

i think here are some titles that i saw some other CAGs liked to to watch
Haiban Renmei
Fafner
Hellsing[/quote]

Right. I already collect Samurai Champloo and am just debating whether to get it the last volume as apart of this sale or just hold out for a 20% off sale. I thought it would just be cheaper as a part of the 20% off sale, but I might be wrong. The other two look interesting as well, but I don't really want to start shelling out for singles. For certain ones, for sure I will, but I'd rather just get the collected sets now since you can find them for cheap and they usually come with everything, extras, etc.

Haiban Renmei I've heard a lot about, but have no clue as to what it is about. And thanks for the recommendation on Hellsing....getting that one now as well.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Jubei-chan 2
Gankutsuou
Cardcaptor Sakura
R.O.D The TV
Haibane Renmei
Fushigi Yuugi[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me about Gankutsuou. Forgot about how much I enjoyed taht one. Gonna pick up that one. What's Haibane Renmei about by the way? I hear a lot about it, but don't really know much about it.

Hmm....Trigun is apart of the DDD sale. I'll probably just get both limited edition sets, unless anyone know if they are going to re-release the series like I've heard?

Yeah, most of the things I bought last time [granted,not a lot] if they have them, are a couple bucks higher.

I bit on the Dai-Guard boxed set. I am tired of having to wait forever for a new episode because my cable provider doesn't keep the anime network on demand in proper order.

[quote name='dtcarson']Right Stuf's current sale is on Funimation titles, I think they had a Geneon sale last week.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, rightstuf's last sale was ADV, followed by a mini-sale on DC's CMX manga line. (I've been watching like crazy for a Geneon sale so I can finish out Gankutsuou and Magical Project S.)

There really hasn't been anything in the ADV sales I've wanted for awhile now- at least nothing cheap enough to bother with. Ah well.

[quote name='DuelLadyS'](I've been watching like crazy for a Geneon sale so I can finish out Gankutsuou and Magical Project S.)[/QUOTE]
Skip Right Stuf and head over to DVD Planet or DDD (who lowered their Geneon prices to compete with DVD Planet's sale). Right Stuf's prices will run you more even after their 40% discount in comparison.

Heh heh. Got an e-mail from ADV apologizing for cancelling my order. Apparently there was an inventory problem (meaning we really didn't want to "sell" those items at $0.00) and I could reorder if I wanted (ie: get a paltry percentage off MSRP on product they haven't been able to move and thought very little of). No thanks.

Oh well. $5 more that I can use elsewhere. I'm thinking some cheap games at EB...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Skip Right Stuf and head over to DVD Planet or DDD (who lowered their Geneon prices to compete with DVD Planet's sale). Right Stuf's prices will run you more even after their 40% discount in comparison.[/QUOTE]

As much as I like Right Stuf for what they've helped do for anime, and I really enjoy reading their catalog, you're right, they are definitely not the cheapest, by far, unless you can catch a sale.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Full metal Fumoffu 2 for 23.99. fuck that. BB has for 15.99. Damn.[/QUOTE]
Even Hastings has it cheaper and they don't even know what a sale is.

This is what I got from ADV... A shame indeed, but I had to try that massive order I put in a few posts back.

Hello,

We are in receipt of your ADV web order that was placed during our Memorial Day sale. Unfortunately we have had to cancel your order due to an unforeseen anomaly with our inventory. The products that you ordered are not available at this time. Your credit card has been refunded for the shipping costs that were charged. You should see a refund to your account within the next 5 to 7 business days (times vary per bank). We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to visit our website and place another order. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you,

Rebecca

ADV Web Sales

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today... It's already tomorrow in Australia"
--- Charles Schulz

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Skip Right Stuf and head over to DVD Planet or DDD (who lowered their Geneon prices to compete with DVD Planet's sale). Right Stuf's prices will run you more even after their 40% discount in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Nah. I've already looked. Neither has Magical project S collection 2, and when you factor in my Got Anime discount, DVDplanet is actually a few cents more than Rightstuf with a 40% off sale.

I might get Gankutsuou vol 4 at DDD, but right now I see no point on over-stretching my wallet to save a dollar.

bread's done
Back