Advance Wars 1 was too hard for me.

destro713

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
People seem to be really into Advance Wars DS, but whenever I see the name "Advance Wars" it just makes me remember how badly I sucked at the first game for GBA. It got to a point where I simply couldn't come close to finishing a mission, and I think this was less than a third of the way through the game. Sad, since I'm sure there are many 10 year old kids who have finished that game.

Am I the only one?

I couldn't hack it either! I haven't tried any other strategy game though....I think they assume you have. I hear that AW2 had a better intro tutorial--but I learned that the day after buying 1 (assuming the opposite would be true!).

My nephew gave me Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.....I'm not sure which I should try to tackle next time I want to try again....FFTA or Advance Wars 1.

So...you are not alone!!!!!

I guess I just have some Napolean in me, but I've never found these games to be that challenging. Advance Wars was pretty easy to beat and I'm working on Advance Wars DS, although I'm taking a sabbtical from it at the moment.

I never bothered playing the first Advance Wars, but I did terribly on Advance Wars 2. I seem to really suck at those type of games, although I do enjoy them.

[quote name='2Fast']I guess I just have some Napolean in me, but I've never found these games to be that challenging. Advance Wars was pretty easy to beat and I'm working on Advance Wars DS, although I'm taking a sabbtical from it at the moment.[/quote]

Damn I wish I could say that too. I got to the last mission on Advance Wars and quit. That mission is so impossible, but my friend said he beat it easily. He also beat every mission in Advance Wars 2 with an S rank.

I have all three but so far I've only beaten AW1. The last mission wasn't really hard but it took forever. I can easily see losing patience and quitting before beating it.

I found Advance Wars 1 extremely easy.There is nothing challenging about the ai.Facing expert human players are much tougher challenge.

Just follow the rule of thumb for every turn base strategy games.Always move your units to a certain spot and create the right units at a right time.It's almost 100% automatic victory if you follow this formula.It just a simple trial and error or you can cheat and visit advance wars e guide.I remember there is a few ones out there.

I sucked at the single player story for AW1, but the multiplayer is amazing. I alsi suck at F-Zero GX, like msot, but still an namazing game.

For a turn-based game that works with such extremely consistent AI logic, reading a walkthrough makes it quite pointless. It's much more of a game-ruiner than checking a walkthrough when you're stuck in a Castlevania game or something like that. I was interested in actually playing the game, as opposed to just seeing the cutscenes, so I let the game beat my unskilled ass the natural way until I could take it no longer.

[quote name='ZForce915']I am really bad at Advance Wars for the GBA. I never got rid of it though.[/quote]
Neither did I. Not really sure why. I guess I liked the style and presentation too much to let it go, even though I'd probably never revisit the actual gameplay.

I never played the GBA Advance Wars, but I picked up Dual Strike. I passed through it and got stuck on very few missions.. namely, Fog of War missions :(. Of course, I heard it was much easier.

And Brerdan.. you found Tactics Advance hard? Seriously? I'm playing it right now and it seems fairly simple.. of course, I'm still on the early missions. I think it just has a longer-than-it-should-be learning curve.

[quote name='fatbeer']Just follow the rule of thumb for every turn base strategy games.Always move your units to a certain spot and create the right units at a right time.It's almost 100% automatic victory if you follow this formula.[/QUOTE] So your magic "formula" to beating the game is to make units, and then move them? :applause:

I've been pretty good at TBS games but haven't played any in a while and I must say DS has a good difficulty challenge for me.

The hardest thing has been figuring out how to use the units and what their limitations are...

If you want to play a superb handheld turn based strategy game that is challenging but not nearly enough to make you quit playing it, try Fire Emblem and the sequel Sacred Stones. Heck, the stories and situations make it worth the price of admission.

My friend stole my copy of advance wars... then left town without returning my Snes..... Dont loan your snes to "friends"... its too risky...

oh, and Fire Emblem gets kind of repetitive (until the last 2-3 missions) Bandits Bandits, Random Swordsmen, Bandits, Myrmidon who kills you palidan, bandits bandits, and they ran out of memory for map storage on the original and had to use a couple twice, am i the only one that noticed that?

bread's done
Back