Advance Wars DS - $19.99 new at EB / GS

I'm torn. I hated Advance Wars 2 but I loved Field Commander. I know that's a wierd comparison but they are pretty similar games. The thing I hated the most about AW2 was the cheapness of the computer AI. Is that a problem in this one or is it a little more fair (and easy).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm torn. I hated Advance Wars 2 but I loved Field Commander. I know that's a wierd comparison but they are pretty similar games. The thing I hated the most about AW2 was the cheapness of the computer AI. Is that a problem in this one or is it a little more fair (and easy).[/quote]

Fair and easy. Did you like the first Advance Wars? If so, you'll love this one. I've played it just about every day for about three months. When I'm at work I play for about three hours, no questions asked. I don't even want to know how many hours I've put into it.

I've been waiting for a drop on this one since the circuit city clearance. I think I'm gonna re-buy it now after I regretted selling it the first time, thanks roufuss!

[quote name='2Fast']Fair and easy. Did you like the first Advance Wars? If so, you'll love this one. I've played it just about every day for about three months. When I'm at work I play for about three hours, no questions asked. I don't even want to know how many hours I've put into it.[/QUOTE]

I never played the first one. I played the first few missions on AW2 and they were pretty fun but then all of a sudden the AI difficulty went up about 100 levels. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, but on the same hand I don't want something that's so damn frustratingly difficult.

I missed this on clearance at CC some time ago, and now I don't want to buy it for more than 10 bucks. Guess I'll have to keep waiting... Still, good to keep in mind. Thanks, OP.

Its a universal price drop. Kirby Canvas Curse and Trace Memory alos dropped to $19.99 new. There may be some others, but those were the ones I remembered cos Im interested in them.

[quote name='Pylis']I missed this on clearance at CC some time ago, and now I don't want to buy it for more than 10 bucks. Guess I'll have to keep waiting... Still, good to keep in mind. Thanks, OP.[/quote]

THAT is dedicated cheapassery.

Is that a problem in this one or is it a little more fair (and easy).

Actually I find this one to have the cheapest AI simply because of the dual CO system. I find the computer always seems to get CO power at the worst possible time. Still, I finished the game on normal and am playing through it on hard. I actually thought AW2 was really good and don't remember it being particularly difficult.

I missed this on clearance at CC some time ago, and now I don't want to buy it for more than 10 bucks. Guess I'll have to keep waiting... Still, good to keep in mind. Thanks, OP.

This is essentially the DS version of player's choice so I think you'll have to wait for quite some time. Just use a GGC at Best Buy and get it for $15.

Just wanted to confirm that I got this for $19.99 at the Downers Grove, IL Fry's. Kirby was the same price, and both were labeled correctly.

[quote name='DeadScreenSky']Just wanted to confirm that I got this for $19.99 at the Downers Grove, IL Fry's. Kirby was the same price, and both were labeled correctly.[/quote] You didn't happen to notice or remember if they had Yoshi touch n go as well do you?

[quote name='DeadScreenSky']Just wanted to confirm that I got this for $19.99 at the Downers Grove, IL Fry's. Kirby was the same price, and both were labeled correctly.[/quote]

Same with Fry's in Sacramento, CA. Saw those today for the $19.99 price.

bread's done
Back