Adventure Time - Collector's Edition Announced w/Steelbook and Gold Sword Stylus!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
adventuretime58.jpg

The Adventure Time Collector’s Edition includes Custom package design of the Enchiridion, Premium SteelBook case, Limited edition replica stylus of Finn’s Gold Sword, Exclusive Finn & Jake’s Monster Manual, Bonus poster map of the Land of Ooo
At Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J16AQ0/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Or at Gamestop:
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Adventure+Time+Hey+Ice+King+Why+d+you+steal+our

Can't wait to see what that Steelbook looks like. I locked in my pre-order.

51It2Ci2wEL.jpg
41A6v5iyn0L.jpg

41HDiYMm9%2BL.jpg
41xfWz%2BoJWL.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmezEFVA0WE&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So a miniature version of a steelbook? Might consider the DS version if this game is actually worth playing.[/QUOTE]

It's developed by WayForward, so it's worth playing...

I read over on neogaf that the game is styled after Zelda 2 with an overhead world map and sidescrolling levels. I'm not familiar with the IP, but that description made me interested.

That sounds cool if true. The creator of the show is also heavily involved, from what I've heard and obviously seen on the show, he's an avid gamer and wants his game to be good.

Updated OP with the few screenshots that Amazon has. I love the classing NES/SNES look.

I'm really surprised/confused that they're releasing versions for DS AND 3DS. Given the backwards compatibility, wouldn't just a DS version suffice? If it gets Street Pass content, etc, I'd be happy to have the extra functionality but it otherwise seems like a strange decision.

Awww yeah. Didn't have a reason to pre-order before, but now I do. Interested to see what this looks like. Hope the Enchiridion packaging is sweet.

This got thrown up on Amazon recently:

51LGKJEkdgL._AA300_.jpg

I'm wondering now if the steelbook will be a regular G1 DVD-size. It seems odd that Steelbook would custom-create a DS-sized case.

It's odd to me that they have standard and collectors version for both DS and 3DS and that they are priced the same..

cool idea though.. definitely something i'm going to keep my eye on

I just got into this show a couple of weeks ago and man, I love it.

I have fond memories of Zelda 2 so this game looks mathematical!

In for one steelbook!

[quote name='deadlyclawz']nice! i want this! i love adventure time! i hope this is also available for DS lite users. :([/QUOTE]

It's coming out for DS and 3DS. DS Lite is just a cosmetically different version of the DS.

wow, I know absolutely nothing about this license, but this game looks tight as hell. And as others have said, it's Way Forward (now where's my Boy and a Blob 3DS!).

Of course I'm serious. They have some good stuff like the Boy And His Blob remake and the Shantae games, but their long lineup of Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Godzilla, SpongeBob, and other shovelware games leaves a lot to be desired. LIT was pretty decent and I've heard good things about the Mighty Flip/Switch games and I've been interested in trying Aliens: Infestation, but most of their stuff isn't good. Maybe you think all of their licensed games are good, and that's fine, but I don't. I do think they are capable of making good games when working with the right material, though, so I'm not entirely against them.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Of course I'm serious. They have some good stuff like the Boy And His Blob remake and the Shantae games, but their long lineup of Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Godzilla, SpongeBob, and other shovelware games leaves a lot to be desired. LIT was pretty decent and I've heard good things about the Mighty Flip/Switch games and I've been interested in trying Aliens: Infestation, but most of their stuff isn't good. Maybe you think all of their licensed games are good, and that's fine, but I don't. I do think they are capable of making good games when working with the right material, though, so I'm not entirely against them.[/QUOTE]

You say they're capable of making good games when working with the right material, but you've already said you hate this show, yet you're interested in this. Talk about contradicting yourself.

And most of their stuff is good. Shantae:Risky's Revenge, Mighty Switch Force, and Aliens: Infestation are some great games on the DS.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Of course I'm serious. They have some good stuff like the Boy And His Blob remake and the Shantae games, but their long lineup of Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Godzilla, SpongeBob, and other shovelware games leaves a lot to be desired. LIT was pretty decent and I've heard good things about the Mighty Flip/Switch games and I've been interested in trying Aliens: Infestation, but most of their stuff isn't good. Maybe you think all of their licensed games are good, and that's fine, but I don't. I do think they are capable of making good games when working with the right material, though, so I'm not entirely against them.[/QUOTE]

Ah, fair enough. Most of their licensed stuff is indeed shovelware. I was more thinking the ones you mentioned such as A Boy and His Blob, Shantae, Mighty series, etc. I forgot the giant pile of, well, crap they have produced as well lol.

I'll def. be waiting on reviews/impressions on this, but despite being a license it looks like it might actually fall in the "good games" camp (I hope!)

[quote name='SteveGo']You say they're capable of making good games when working with the right material, but you've already said you hate this show, yet you're interested in this. Talk about contradicting yourself.[/quote]
Where's the contradiction? The game looks interesting and fun; my opinion of the franchise isn't going to change that. Not liking a source material doesn't mean I won't like the gameplay. I hate Devil May Cry too but I think the new DMC looks good. Am I not allowed to try expanding my horizons a little? For all we know, I could end up liking this Adventure Time game so much that it makes me a fan.

[quote name='SteveGo']And most of their stuff is good. Shantae:Risky's Revenge, Mighty Switch Force, and Aliens: Infestation are some great games on the DS.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I mentioned those. They absolutely are good, but they are a tiny drop in the bucket of games WayForward has developed. Take a look at all of their games and you'll see what I was talking about.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Ah, fair enough. Most of their licensed stuff is indeed shovelware. I was more thinking the ones you mentioned such as A Boy and His Blob, Shantae, Mighty series, etc. I forgot the giant pile of, well, crap they have produced as well lol.

I'll def. be waiting on reviews/impressions on this, but despite being a license it looks like it might actually fall in the "good games" camp (I hope!)[/QUOTE]
Yeah...like I said, they have some good games, but they're "rare" (or seem rare to me at least) compared to all of the crap they have. But I'm going to give this a chance because you never know when they might come out with another gem. As crass as I may be when stating my opinions at times, I actually do try to be fair and open-minded.

^Good that means more time to save money for me.

You know I have never gotten a pre-order bonus stylus before. Maybe I might have to bite on this one. Hope it will be worth the full price.

Now all they need is a Regular Show game (hopefully to be made by these guys and have insight from the creators like this one.) Regular show can be a retro gamer's dream show.

I guess the delay isn't so bad. Gives me time to play Persona 4 Golden.

Also AT is the reason I'm getting a 3DS lol

[quote name='SteveGo']It's coming out for DS and 3DS. DS Lite is just a cosmetically different version of the DS.[/QUOTE]

oh yay! great! :applause:

[quote name='TheHelix']AT is the reason I'm getting a 3DS lol[/QUOTE]

Or you could just get the DS version of the game.

I have a theory that the game designers never wanted it to be "3-D!!!" but somewhere along the line "someone" tempted them with more potential sales and a super-special Steelbook edition if they agreed to release it for 3DS. A compromise was made that it would be released for both at the same price point so as not to compete with each other.

This reminds me of Scurge:Hive, a game that was released for both the GBA & DS simultaneously. It was the same exact game, but the DS version had a constant on-screen map tacked on. It was truly meant for one system, but expanded to widen the audience/sales.

Kotaku has a new image of the CE contents up:

(click for bigger version)

It's obviously not a final build of the Enchiridion case, but it's a good representation of the complete package.

bread's done
Back