Adventure Time: EtDBIDK! (3DS) gets a Collector's Edition

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
447B449.png

Preorder on Amazon ($39.95)
Who wants to play video games?! D3Publisher (D3P) and Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) today announced that a Collector’s Edition for the highly-anticipated video game, Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!, will be released this fall alongside the standard edition. The Collector’s Edition of the video game based on the popular Cartoon Network series, Adventure Time, will be available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system for $39.95.

The Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! Collector’s Edition will include the following items:

• Limited-edition Beemo package design in a glossy, premium SteelBook™ case
  • Bonus DVD with actor interviews, storyboard art from series creator Pendleton Ward, and more
  • Exclusive ‘Finn and Jake’s Dungeon Guide’, a full color, enhanced manual filled with fun art and game tips
  • The full Nintendo 3DS version of Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! video game
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! is currently rated “RP” (Rating Pending) by the ESRB. For more information on the video game, please visit www.d3publisher.us.
You thought the first game's CE was awesome? This one has an exclusive bonus DVD!

Lh7ivW2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on the fence about it, but it turns out that it was under my Goldbox "Quick Picks" and gave me an additional $2 off. Thanks OP for the heads up.

hmm is everyone buying this just to keep it sealed for later?
The first game had a pretty low print and became hard to find/rare, thus creating all the hoopla around here. I bought the CE last year and gave it to my daughter for Christmas, I'm thinking about doing the same this year.

Going by the current prices for the first game's CE, yeah, I'm gonna pick this one up day one.
and that's what they want you to do

you know they are going to overprint this CE like crazy. When the first game is rare, the 2nd game is highly likely to be overproduced

How much is the original's CE going for?
DS version goes for $80-$100 (MSRP $40)

the 3DS version goes for $110-$150 (MSRP $40)

I know the prices pretty well, i've been buying and selling them for the last few months.

I don't like Adventure Time but if the game is fun, I might get it for $10 on BF. On a slightly unrelated note, I think that Finn is a terrible protagonist (part of the reason I don't like it) and Flame Princess is the best princess despite being "evil" and slightly fat looking.

Perhaps, but that's 10 seconds of something else I could be doing. Plus I'm too lazy. Glad someone else posted it. Would have been a drag.

This is a serious post, btw. I really am lazy.
Sure, we are all here to serve at your beck and call.

Generally, what this tell us, the "community", is that the person's time is more important than ours and if one is not willing to spend some effort in finding the answer they seek, they should not expect others to put in that effort for them.

Why do people admit to being lazy, as if that could ever be remotely a positive quality to have? Do people now also openly admit to being stupid and slovenly? I don't understand Internet culture at all.

Why do people admit to being lazy, as if that could ever be remotely a positive quality to have? Do people now also openly admit to being stupid and slovenly? I don't understand Internet culture at all.
It is the current generation of people that are like that. 12-30 all born with this I want it no mentality not willing to do anything themselves and have a attitude about anything and get their feelings hurt when things don't go their way. Also doesn't help when they have a total lack of respect for anything or anyone. Thank God my parents taught me better then that and I can pass that on to my child so he doesn't end up like half of these lowlife brats I see all the time.

BOT, I have the first CE one 3DS (would have rather had the 2DS) but I will be getting this one as well. Thanks OP.

you know they are going to overprint this CE like crazy. When the first game is rare, the 2nd game is highly likely to be overproduced
No matter what happens, if you keep it sealed, it'll be worth more than what you bought it for. I personally would like to buy two copies, one to keep sealed, and the other to open up and play.

I'll find it funny if they end up printing close to the same number of Adventure Time: ETDBiDK CE's for this game as they did for Adventure Time HIKWysog, but I'll find it even funnier if since Regular Show MaRi8bL is the first game based on the show to come out, that it gets a CE and ends up being worth the same amount as the first Adventure Time CE game.

I don't get it either. It's like a point of pride to be useless. People used to brag about how much they accomplished in life. Now they brag about how little.

Btw, If you read his other posts though, I'm sure he's also stupid and slovenly.

guess I jumped on this as well. seems like something nice to have in the collection.

may end up getting the Vanilla edition for playing

Yup, if people are preordering this thinking dollar signs, they are going to be in for a rude awakening.

No matter what happens, if you keep it sealed, it'll be worth more than what you bought it for. I personally would like to buy two copies, one to keep sealed, and the other to open up and play.
there is no guarantee that it will be worth more than what you bought it for. There are tons of collectors editions out there that are worth half of what they cost when they were released.

However at $39.99 it's not a high risk gamble and it's something nice to have if you like the show.

Preordered based on feedback here....plus I like steelbooks so I may just hold onto one and buy the vanilla at a later date.

there is no guarantee that it will be worth more than what you bought it for. There are tons of collectors editions out there that are worth half of what they cost when they were released.

However at $39.99 it's not a high risk gamble and it's something nice to have if you like the show.
Seeing as how almost every LE / CE that's been released on the 3ds is worth more than what it was at retail, even the very common Atlus LE's / CE's, I'm going to say that I'm 100% sure that this will be worth more than what anyone buys it for, as long as you keep it factory sealed.

If I'm wrong, then I have nothing to lose, but I don't think that I am. There's been plenty of overly printed LE/CE games, like every Atlus CE so far, and they're all worth more than their original retail prices.

Virtues Last Reward /w Watch, check.

Etrian Odyssey CE factory sealed, check.

Code of Princess CE, check.

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! Collector's Edition, check.
Frogger 3D Big Box w/ 3ds case, check.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Mark of Mastery Edition, check.
Project X Zone Limited Edition, check. (Only by a few dollars though, but still.)
Scribblenauts Unlimited Gamestop exclusive bundle with stylus/3DS case, check.
Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition, give it until Christmas and it'll be selling for over the original $50.

If there are more 3ds LE's / CE's that I missed, let me know, but all of those are worth more than their original retail prices, as long as you kept them sealed. SMT4 hasn't reached that yet, but keep in mind, I said that all of them "would" be worth more than retail, so give it time.

Anyway, it's really not worth debating. It's just what I believe. If I'm right, so be it, if I'm wrong, so be it. Either way, I'll be purchasing this.

Seeing as how almost every LE / CE that's been released on the 3ds is worth more than what it was at retail, even the very common Atlus LE's / CE's

Virtues Last Reward /w Watch, check.

Etrian Odyssey CE factory sealed, check.

Code of Princess CE, check.

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! Collector's Edition, check.
Frogger 3D Big Box w/ 3ds case, check.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Mark of Mastery Edition, check.
Project X Zone Limited Edition, check. (Only by a few dollars though, but still.)
Scribblenauts Unlimited Gamestop exclusive bundle with stylus/3DS case, check.
Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition, give it until Christmas and it'll be selling for over the original $50.
virtues last reward is not a collectors edition, it's a preorder bonus

etrian odyssey 3ds with soundtrack for $33 on amazon MSRP $39.99, unless there is some other collectors edition you're talking about but I don't think so.

code of princess 3ds comes with artbook $29.99 on amazon MSRP $39.99, i'm assuming that is the collectors edition.

kingdom hearts, project x zone, adventure time were rare and hard to find on release, only available for preorders.

This will not be rare on release.

Like I said before there's no disadvantage to ordering, but don't expect it to be worth much and I wouldn't be surprised if it decreased in value.

virtues last reward is not a collectors edition, it's a preorder bonus

etrian odyssey 3ds with soundtrack for $33 on amazon MSRP $39.99, unless there is some other collectors edition you're talking about but I don't think so.

code of princess 3ds comes with artbook $29.99 on amazon MSRP $39.99, i'm assuming that is the collectors edition.

kingdom hearts, project x zone, adventure time were rare and hard to find on release, only available for preorders.

This will not be rare on release.

Like I said before there's no disadvantage to ordering, but don't expect it to be worth much and I wouldn't be surprised if it decreased in value.
I forgot to add in preorder bonus's as being more costly as well. Regardless, it's a bonus that's still worth more than retail.

Etrian Odyssey 3ds on Amazon does not come with it's soundtrack anymore. http://www.amazon.com/Etrian-Odyssey-IV-Legends-nintendo-3ds/dp/B009LEIUY4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376863523&sr=8-2&keywords=etrian+odyssey

Edit: Here you go, Etrian Odyssey 3ds w/ CD & design book (factory sealed), most recent sale on eBay. $46 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-Edition-Etrian-Odyssey-4-Legends-of-the-Titan-w-CD-Design-Book-3DS-/350725811047?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item51a8e32b67

Relisted because they had more than 3 copies, not because they didn't sell. Please note that the $9 shipping brings it over retail cost, to $47.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Etrian-Odyssey-IV-4-Legends-of-Titan-Music-CD-and-Design-Book-Nintendo-3DS-/190817376925?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c6d9a1a9d

$50 sale. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etrian-Odyssey-4-IV-Legends-of-the-Titan-Music-CD-and-Design-Book-Nintendo-3DS-/231025728870?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35ca34dd66

A couple sold for under $40 (retail price), but more often than not, it seems to easily sell for over retail price, which is the point I've been trying to make. Just covering my bases.

Code of Princess 3ds on Amazon does not come with the artbook anymore, again, your assumption is wrong. http://www.amazon.com/Code-Princess-nintendo-3ds/dp/B0089X37NW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376863565&sr=8-1&keywords=code+of+princess

Yes, it can sell for under retail value: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Code-of-Princess-Nintendo-3DS-2012-NIB-1st-Print-Edition-/251310850330?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a834b411a

But also, over retail value: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Code-of-Princess-with-CD-artbook-Nintendo-3DS-brand-new-and-sealed-/300933676988?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item46110b7fbc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Code-of-Princess-Nintendo-3DS-2012-/271251121715?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f27d3a633

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Code-of-Princess-Nintendo-3DS-2012-Premium-Ed-BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-/261255384455?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3cd408cd87

Regardless of whether it's rare or not, it will eventually be worth more than it's retail cost. Even if only by a few dollars. If by this time next year I'm wrong, then I'll gladly admit it, but I will be taking pics of peoples quotes here, that way they can't back peddle if they end up being wrong in 8 months. ;)

If my point hasn't gotten across yet, then we'll just have to wait and see. :)

The Cursed Crusade would like a word with you lol
Yep, there are plenty of Atlus games that have not gone up in value or even dropped after release. You know, it might actually be easier for CAGs to get deals if every deal thread wasn't full of speculators and flippers discussing the merits of picking up extra copies or being fixated on how much something will be worth. Does anyone here actually play the games they buy or am I the only one?

I think it's relevant in terms of "should I buy it MSRP or can I wait for a discount?" The first Adventure Time I passed on at MSRP only to be surprised by the disappearance. The problem starts because nobody has a Crystal ball but they all think they are an authority about what will be rare.

bread's done
Back