Advice Fallout New Vegas Xbox or PC ?

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!
So technically my PC is below the specs for New Vegas. However they are saying that if your PC could run Fallout 3 than it can run Vegas.

My CPU is a AMD Athlon 3500 and I have a 7600 GS videocard with 512 megs. (I can run Mass Effect 2 with no problems but Bioshock 2 won't even start on my computer.)

I just ordered a 360 today.

So the question is should I get New Vegas on my PC and perhaps have to scale down the settings to get it to work or play it on my Xbox and give up mods and such. (I didn't mod the original FO3 But I did mod Oblivion a bunch)

Any opinions on this matter?

I have a bit faster PC and it renders FO3 better then the Xbox version. I played both with a controller.

There are the typical pros and cons, not a right or wrong decision.

PC: Has mods, more sound/video options, cheaper price, kb/m and controller option, but could perform worse then console version, possibility of it not running at all.
360: It will run, controller only, can play from couch (hate this argument, but I need more pros), but may not look as nice (not sure w/ ur rig though) and it costs more.

i say get it on pc if you have a pc to run it, and get it on steam.

it will be cheaper, look and sound better, and you can also play from the couch if you hook your pc up to your tv and using gamepad.

plus, i don't think vegas will be multiplayer like fo3, so no need to get it on xbox to play on live.

[quote name='frpilot']i say get it on pc if you have a pc to run it, and get it on steam.

it will be cheaper, look and sound better, and you can also play from the couch if you hook your pc up to your tv and using gamepad.

plus, i don't think vegas will be multiplayer like fo3, so no need to get it on xbox to play on live.[/QUOTE]

If it is any help for anyone, last I heard is if you buy the retail version (for those wanting the collector's edition), it activates via steam. It does not use GFWL, which is awesome! Just wanted to pass along what I heard.

Thanks for all the insight.

Yeah I am going to go with the 360 version. I never modded Fallout 3 at all.

There is no reason to waste money on a game that I *might* be able to run smoothly. I mean worst case scenario my computer won't even be able to run it at all.

Later on if I ever upgrade my computer or find a really good deal on the PC version I can check it out.

bread's done
Back