advice for getting rid of dust mites, bed bugs?

Mishimaryu

Banned
I recently found several bugs or what not crawling on my bed. I would say they are not dust mites as they are invisible to the naked eye. After itching these several days I decided its time to exterminate them!

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I recently found several bugs or what not crawling on my bed. I would say they are not dust mites as they are invisible to the naked eye. After itching these several days I decided its time to exterminate them![/QUOTE]

its time to boil your sheets or at least wash them, and I know there are special covers for you matress to prevent dust mite, i dunno about bed bugs though

Gasoline + Match = Instant extermination

But I'm assuming you still want your bed. Im guessing someplace like walmart or target would have some kind of spray that you can put along the baseboard of the room and then on the mattress. However im guessing you wouldn't be able to use the mattress for a few days.

Or, look at this handy article...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bugs#Self-treatment

The bed mites are actually a good thing. While you sleep they eat all the dead skin off your body. Most of the day we have them us on eating away at our dead skin. If it wasn't for them we would look like shedding snakes.

Grow out your pubes and sprinkle powdered sugar in them each night before going to sleep naked. After a few nights you'll be infested like the love mound on a homeless hippy chick. Shave your junk over the toilet, flush, you are welcome.

[quote name='friedram']OMG- you guys are nasty.
[/QUOTE]

Not as nasty as the bed mites that will deposit fecal matter on your body tonight will you sleep. Thats not a joke.

[quote name='Graystone']Not as nasty as the bed mites that will deposit fecal matter on your body tonight will you sleep. Thats not a joke.[/quote]It's really not. Also have fun eating those tiny spiders that crawl into your mouth while you sleep because it's the perfect temperature and humidity for their little bodies.

Keep your room cleaner and wash your sheets. The links LK posted are absolutely insane measures to get rid of them, but I guess he got pushed over the edge. Maybe thebedbugwar blogger is just a dirty greasy mofo himself :)

I think the first thing you ought to do is make a thread about it on a message board for finding deals on videogames.

Now that this is accomplished, definitely wash your sheets.

also you could try purchasing a dehumidifier, those things lower the humidity and will kill off a lot of the insects as they thrive in a moist humid environment.

[quote name='opportunity777']Keep your room cleaner and wash your sheets. The links LK posted are absolutely insane measures to get rid of them, but I guess he got pushed over the edge. Maybe thebedbugwar blogger is just a dirty greasy mofo himself :)[/quote]Bedbugs are a nightmare. What strikes you as insane just seems ingenius to me, and the bare minimum of what is necessary. I've never experienced anything like this before, and it's horrifying! :)

[quote name='dracula']I think the first thing you ought to do is make a thread about it on a message board for finding deals on videogames.
[/QUOTE]

:rofl: HAHAHA that's spot on. I have no idea why people come to this site looking for advice on weird shit like this. It's kind of like the recent amount of 'relationship' threads in the past couple of months. Why people would ask questions like that in the midst of a huge sausage party that is CAG is beyond me.

As for this thread, isn't this why they invented Google so you can look up stuff like this so no one, except the FBI, will know? jeez man, wash your sheets!

the OP has been on the site since April 2004, its not like he came onto CAG soley to ask this question.

Secondly, when you google things its hard to see what really does work therefore, being on a community message board why not ask peers who share something in common with you(gaming)

Ive never had the problem, but a few people have and are offering advice to the guy, good luck with it

I would call an exterminator and ask them if they know what to do. I know people with first-hand experience with bed-bugs and your description doesnt' sound like theirs. For one thing, the bugs were clearly visible. However, even the hint of light would send them running for cover.

They are nasty, nasty creatures that suck your blood during the night. As a consequence, you will have little spots all over your sheets (I don't remember if it's their waste or your blood, but I'm pretty sure it's your blood). You will also have little bumps all over you where they have bit you in the night.

You may not have bedbugs - which is good for you. You may just have bugs. I have had a problem with little bitty silverfish trying to sneak into my living room. If they were making their way into my bedroom I would have suspected the same thing.

Just call an exterminator. Ask his opinion. It will cost you less in effort and probably money in the long-run anyway. Bedbugs are NOT something you want to mess around with because they are darned near impossible to get rid of without professional help. There's just too many places they can hide, and even if you got rid of all the ones in your bed they're still hiding in the cracks of your house and other impossibly small places waiting for nightfall...

I think some of you are misunderstanding the initial post. He's not saying that his bugs are invisible to the eye, he's saying that he doesn't think they are dust mites because dust mites would be invisible to the eye. Since he can see his bugs, he knows they aren't dust mites.

It did sound like bedbugs to me, and I wish him luck.

Dude i don't think you have bed bugs, the bugs might be coming from you. Stop using a public laundry, and keep different company.

bread's done
Back