advice need: getting xbox for my bf

stacycub23

CAG Veteran
Hello gamers.

I'm getting an xbox for my boyfriend's birthday. He mainly play pc games but with a new 55 inch tv he wants a consolde and I believe xbox is the best :D

the advice I need is what games to get? I'm going to get madden and ninga garden (Sp?) what else should I get? What are the must have for xbox owners? the games no xbox gamers should be without.

He likes all genres as long as they are fun to play.

Thank in advance for your help.

Stacy

Halo, Star Wars: KOTOR, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Splinter Cell: PT

Those are what I consider the must haves.

And Ninja Garden.. I can just imagine Nintendo coming up with that one :)

KOTOR is, in my opinion, the best Xbox game there is. If he is a boxing fan you should definitely get Fight Night 2004. Best boxing game ever made.
As for Xbox being the best console, I'd have to disagree, but I'll leave that flamewar alone.

[quote name='brushwood']KOTOR is, in my opinion, the best Xbox game there is. If he is a boxing fan you should definitely get Fight Night 2004. Best boxing game ever made.
As for Xbox being the best console, I'd have to disagree, but I'll leave that flamewar alone.[/quote]

All three consoles have their hindrances and their positives. In pure console comparison, Xbox is the best of the three(from a purely technical standpoint.. don't debate me, its not an opinion.). But when you factor in game library.. it gets more confusing and its more based on what you want to play. But instead of saying 'Xbox isn't the best, but I won't start that debate'.. just don't say anything... then you really dont start that debate.

if he likes old school arcade games (smash tv, paperboy) the midway arcade treasures and midway arcade treasures 2 (out in september) are great plus they are only 20 bucks!

Just my 2 cents. If your boyfriend loves pc games, XBOX games are probably the best bet, but take in to consideration that many games released for XBOX also come out for pc. Therefore it might not give him much variety if he already has many of the good XBOX games already on PC. I would personally go with another system to compliment a PC, because it would give more variety.

Xbox is the best of the three(from a purely technical standpoint.. don't debate me, its not an opinion.).

Some parts of the Xbox are faster than the equivalent parts in the Gamecube.

Some parts of the Gamecube are faster than the equivalent parts in the Xbox.

Therefore neither console is better from a purely technical standpoint, because to do so it would have to be the best in all hardware areas. Therefore your statement is an Opinion.

[quote name='Final Starman']ninga garden

GOTY FOR 2k5 I TELLS YA![/quote]

Picture Pikmin in ninja outfits, running around slashing off each other's flowers and throwing kunai or shuriken into those big grub things. Now THATS entertainment!

stacycub:

Did your BF own any consoles prior to this generation? That'd be a good barometer for which consoles/games would be the best fit. If you're going with Xbox, I'd recommend everything mentioned so far (except for Crimson Skies, which I find to be rather uninteresting) as well as Gladius (if he likes strategy games or RPGs -- think chess-meets-Planescape Torment in PC terms) and Riddick (short, but EXCELLENT, though apparently coming to PC as well).

Shenmue 2 is also a favorite of mine, though it's very hit-or-miss. Either you like it alot, or you HATE it.

Nice gift. If his birthday is on or after Sept 14th get him Fable (Sept 14th is the release date), he'll love you forever...although you probably won't see much of him for the next month or two.

You seem like a great girlfriend. ^_^
Games
Halo, Fable, Grand Theft AutoIII/Vice city, NFL 2K5, Fuzion Frenzy, Sega Soccer Slam, and Time Splitters 2.

heh.. Ninja Garden starring the kid from Harvest Moon.

hm1.jpg

I'm sure he would love Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball. :wink:

Halo, ESPN NFL 2K5, Ninja Gaiden, Chronicles of Riddick, Project Gotham Racing 2, Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell, and Splinter Cell Pandorrow Tomorrow, Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow are all very good games.

If he has the required internet connection, then I suggest him getting XBL.

[quote name='stacycub23']ninga garden[/quote]

im not trying to be a jerk(i even contributed to the thread dispite the fact that i dispise the xbox), but THATS funny!

[quote name='Scorch']heh.. Ninja Garden starring the kid from Harvest Moon.

[/quote]

Scorch, your avatar is shaq-fuing huge!!!!!!! Resize that thing!

[quote name='sj41']I'm sure he would love Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball. :wink:

Halo, ESPN NFL 2K5, Ninja Gaiden, Chronicles of Riddick, Project Gotham Racing 2, Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell, and Splinter Cell Pandorrow Tomorrow, Rainbow Six 3 or Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow are all very good games.

If he has the required internet connection, then I suggest him getting XBL.[/quote]

That pretty much sums it up

If he likes racing games, Rallisport Challenge 2 is awesome. and FYI it's ninja gaiden (that's what theyre chuckling at).

you are the best girlfriend ever(except for my julie, of course.. O:) ) , For God's sake, buy the man Halo. Don't forget ESPN over madden.. $20, and its a better game. Panzer Dragoon Orta is a classic as well.. you might even enjoy that one.

Depends on the type of things he enjoys:

Sports: Madden 2005, ESPN 2K5

Shooting: Halo, Chronicles of Riddick

Stealth: Hitman 2, Thief, (avoid Splinter Cell. That game is overrated)

The must haves is the Grand Theft Auto Double Pack and probably Halo. You can't go wrong on those. Then let him fill out his collection.

If he doesn't have it for PC, get Chronicles of Riddick. That game is amazing and one of the must haves for the system.

[quote name='Tromack']If he doesn't have it for PC, get Chronicles of Riddick. That game is amazing and one of the must haves for the system.[/quote]

I should hope he doesn't have it for PC.. Riddick was just announced not long ago as being in development for the PC.. it's not nearly done!

Her's a list of decent Xbox exclusives (not counting PC) that can be had to cheap:

Halo
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Morrowind Game of the Edition
Rainbow Six 3 (not exclusive but easily the best version)
MechAssault
Crimsons Skies
Retrun to Castle Wolfenstien
Dead or Alive 3
Project Gotham Racing 2
Armed & Dangerous
Otogi
Top Spin
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Shenmue 2
Broken Sword: Sleeping Dragon
Brute Force

There's probably more but i can't think right now...

i wish my g/f would buy me a console. that's alright, i am getting a new x-box off of here and my parents are getting me a gba sp (b-day present) and i am going to give that to my g/f. then later on i am going to get me a gamecube. i already have a ps2, so i am good on that. oh yeah, lots of people have been prefering ESPN 2K5 over Madden 2005. i work at gamestop and more people buy ESPN than Madden and the ones that buy Madden come in looking for ESPN usually. ESPN is cheaper also, because it had to compete with Madden this year and it is beating the hell out of Madden from what people tell me.

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan']ESPN is cheaper also, because it had to compete with Madden this year and it is beating the hell out of Madden from what people tell me.[/quote]

Those people are wrong.

[quote name='stacycub23']Hello gamers.

I'm getting an xbox for my boyfriend's birthday. He mainly play pc games but with a new 55 inch tv he wants a consolde and I believe xbox is the best :D

the advice I need is what games to get? I'm going to get madden and ninga garden (Sp?) what else should I get? What are the must have for xbox owners? the games no xbox gamers should be without.

He likes all genres as long as they are fun to play.

Thank in advance for your help.

Stacy[/quote]

Get him Deathrow (can be found at EB for only 15 dollars) and Halo (30). Both are most owns for any Xbox owner.

I also suggest you getting him a few demo discs. They're pretty cheap. and it will be a good way to find out what games he wants. 5 have come out so far.

hmm for xbox id say get him halo, fable, ninja gaiden, soul caliber 2 and Star Wars knights of the old republic, all the games accept fable can be found for reasonable prices 25 and lower, fable will be released towards the end of septemeber at the normal 50 buck price but it promises too be one of best games of all time

bread's done
Back