Advice on a video card

threlish

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to upgrade my video card from a radeon 6450 1GB to something more substantial. I'm not well informed on graphics cards but I was looking at a 7750 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GV-R...id=1340053717&sr=8-3&keywords=gigabyte+radeon. for $110. I just want something decent in this price range or even lower that will run Alan Wake and Witcher 2 pretty decently. I plan on making a more substantial upgrade when Half Life 3 ship eventually :p.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks for the heads up. Checked it out and I'm good to go on that end. I'm tempted if I should bite on that one or wait for a better price. I can easily beat the $100 price in the near future I'll certainly wait.

I'd get a Radeon 6850, its a lot better then the 7750 and its usually on sale for around $115. Or a 6870 which go on sale for around $130. Those cards will give you better game performance for only a few bucks more.

I'll second the 6850 for a cheap but very decent card :) Requires 1 pci-ex connector and it's a great card for the price. The sapphire brand is $135 after rebate on both Amazon and Newegg right now.

Just a FYI if you happen to see this, but tigerdirect.com has the sapphire 6850 on sale for $92 after a $15 rebate right now.

bread's done
Back