Advice on an Ebay situation?

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Had an auction end tonight, and it threw up a few red flags, so thought I'd ask if anyone had experience with a similar situation:

I'm selling a copy of FF VII GH on ebay. It was nearly over with no bids, when at the very last seond someone bids and wins for the opening bid. They paid immediately with paypal. The thing that got me wondering is that the Ebay user ID is *brand new* created today, 0 feedback. Just thought it was strange for an account to be created and immediately be buying something. the paypal address is confirmed, and I sent an email explaining that with a new, zero feedback bidder, I jsut wanted to confirm their purchase intent for the item. haven't heard back on that yet.

it's a female name on paypal from monroe township PA (a town, which for some reason, rings a bell with my 'avoid' memory too...)

anyway, just wondered if anyone had a similar situation. appreciate any advice. I'm thinking the best course may be to just go the extra mile on shipping and make sure there is signature confirmation on delivery so if it turns into a scam I at least have proof of delivery.

I've had people buy stuff from me the same day they joined several times before and never had a problem. As long as you get delivery confirmation, you should be fine.

Signature confirmation is only required if the item is over $250. If it's less than that, only a tracking number is required to protect you. If it feels weird then wait 48 hours before shipping and see if the payment gets put on hold. This will give someone time to realize that their credit card or paypal account's been stolen. Whatever you do be sure to follow the requirements for pp seller protection. That way no matter what happens pp can reimburse you.

cool, thanks for the tips. It just felt a little weird. Fortunately I can't ship til monday morning, so that will give a little time to see if anything fishy happens to the payment.

bread's done
Back