Advice on Buying Sega All Stars Racing or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

kburns10

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
Hey guys! I was reading SuperPhillip's blog on overlooked Xbox 360 games and I noticed he put Sega All Stars racing there. When I tried the demo, the controls felt off to me. Maybe I didn't have them down properly? I know the game is fairly cheap now and I'm wondering if it's worth a purchase? Did anyone else feel the controls were off, and if so, did they get better after playing the retail version? Thanks for the help!

Yeah screw the 360. I also own the PS3 version and thought it was a fun little game. Much like Mario Kart. Maybe a little on the easy side if there was anything to complain about.

Unfortunately I only own a 360, but it sounds like the controls might be easier on the PS3. I might try using my FightPad since it has a different D-Pad and see if that makes a difference. Everyone has said how fun it is, so I really want to get it (if I can just learn to drift correctly in it).

I love this game. I also own the ps3 version, but I'd be surprised if there was a difference in the controls.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I played on the 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The controls are a lot better in the retail game, IMO.[/QUOTE]

^^ Yup

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I played on the 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The controls are a lot better in the retail game, IMO.[/QUOTE]

That's what I needed to hear! Thanks guys I'll pick this up this weekend.

Though you've already decided to pick it up, just wanted to add further validation. Excellent Mario Kart clone with great gameplay and really fun tracks (except the Monkey Ball tracks, did not like those). Really really hoping for a sequel. IDK what control issues you are talking about, I never noticed anything being off, other than the drifting takes a little practice. Enjoy!

[quote name='Zmonkay']Though you've already decided to pick it up, just wanted to add further validation. Excellent Mario Kart clone with great gameplay and really fun tracks (except the Monkey Ball tracks, did not like those). Really really hoping for a sequel. IDK what control issues you are talking about, I never noticed anything being off, other than the drifting takes a little practice. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

That was really my biggest issue was the drifting. I felt like either I was doing it horribly wrong, or I couldn't get the controls to work well enough to drift. Since drifting could mean the difference in what number you place, I got frustrated. But it was a demo and still fun, so I think it's worth buying. I'll practice up and then try it again.

You can just pick up a used copy at gamestop and see for yourself. If it doesnt work out just return it

I played the demo over and over and over again and I enjoyed it. When I got the retail 360 game I enjoyed it much more than the demo. I agree with a previous poster that the Monkey Ball tracks were not my favorite either but it still made for a good challenge. I found myself playing as Shadow constantly too. Game isn't too terribly hard to get 1000G in although those Missions can be a real pain like trying to avoid pots while still trying to get the best medal for that mission.

[quote name='62t']You can just pick up a used copy at gamestop and see for yourself. If it doesnt work out just return it[/QUOTE]

That's true, but I think I'll take the $20 hit and get it new. All the reviews and comments on this thread have been positive, so I'm pretty sold on it. Thanks again for the help!

I enjoyed the game for the time that I played it.

If you like cart racers, you can't go wrong. Good to see others jumped to its defense.

I also own it on the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back