Advice on gaming headsets

Thorgouge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So, I'm finally sold on gaming headsets and have been trying to look around for which to get. Right now, I am debating between only a few headsets. I haven't done a ton of research yet, so please suggest other good headsets that any of you may know of.

First, is the Logitech G35. The reason this is one of my choices is because I won it in a contest not too long ago but have yet to open it. I've heard mixed things about it and am not sure if I want to keep it. Does it work with PS3/Xbox or just PC? I'm looking for something that will work on all 3.

Second, the Turtle Beach X41 Xbox 360 headset. I've heard a lot of good things about it but it is a little more money. Plus, I'd have to buy the $30 adapter on their website in order to enable voice chat for PS3/PC. The only good thing about purchasing this is that I can just return the unopened Logitech headset to Walmart and exchange it for this headset and just pay the difference. My only questions about this headset are: Being wireless, does that mean it'll give me a disadvantage through sound delay in regards to chatting during a game? Is there any way to make it work with chat on PC/PS3 without buying a $30 adapter from their website?

Finally, is the PX21. I hear these work, including chat, on the Xbox and PC as well as the PS3, which is a plus. Only downside is that they are stereo and not surround sound. Is it still a good headset? Looking more for feedback about this set.

So, suggestions? Did I miss any great headset out there that beats these or is at least comparable to them? I'm not the biggest sound nut out there but I do enjoy quality. Any help is appreciated and thanks for reading my long post!

edit: Seems that I missed the Ear Force DPX21 headset. These are cheaper than the X41, yet are surround sound and work with the PC/PS3/Xbox without requiring an adapter. Is there a major difference between these and the X41s other than the X41s being wireless? I don't care if I have wires on my headset, I just care about price and sound quality.

I have never used any of these headsets but I have looked into the PX21 on youtube and it seems a lot of people have problems getting chat to work for the Xbox. You may want to look into that further than I did. Hope that helped you a little bit.

If you want something to work on all 3 platforms, Astro A40s or A30s with the mixamp work. Granted they are pricey though. The mixamp is where it is at (used to produce digital 5.1 sound and is compatible with other headsets if you prefer another over Astro's)

Heard good thing about Tritton's, they are available at best buy and the later 2 models work on all 3 platforms. I believe they produce true 5.1 sounds compared to the Astro's.

Here are other threads about gaming headsets

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233927
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224240

hope this helps

My friend says good things about the Tritton AX720s. They aren't badly priced. $130 new if I'm not mistaken. He does, however, hate the fact that they are wired. He says they just get annoying after a while. Personally, I would buy a wireless headset over a wired one any day. I just don't want to deal with too many wires at once. I already get annoyed whenever my 360's wireless Mic runs out of battery and I have to use the wired one.

Astro A40s are one of the best headsets for gaming if you're looking for a headset for all 3 systems. Sennheisers get good reviews too, but I don't think they work for PS3 and I don't think they have any wireless versions for the 360/PC. :(

bread's done
Back