Advice on getting an 360

Liquidd

CAG Veteran
As the technology person in my extended family, it's come to my responsibility to purchase a 360 for my nephew on behalf of 3 groups of parents. (Birthday on Dec 15th, so I have a little time.)

Not having one myself, I haven't been following the cost of one very closely, and was looking for some advice on where, when, what's a good price, and what's a good bundle to go for. I'm trying to stay under $500 as best I can.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

New bundle with Forza 2 and Marvel, if you're around a Future Shop or Best Buy they will most likely throw in other games (viva pinata, star wars lego, tomb raider...etc) to make it more valuable.

[quote name='Liquidd']As the technology person in my extended family, it's come to my responsibility to purchase a 360 for my nephew on behalf of 3 groups of parents. (Birthday on Dec 15th, so I have a little time.)

Not having one myself, I haven't been following the cost of one very closely, and was looking for some advice on where, when, what's a good price, and what's a good bundle to go for. I'm trying to stay under $500 as best I can.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks[/quote]

using EB's Trade promos would be best!

Do FactoryDirect refurbs have a warranty?

Where you are buying it for your nephew, I would want to stick to something with a warranty if possible.

EB Trade Promo's mentioned above, likely aren't a possibility either as you seem to not be a regular gamer.

As for a deal, I would recommend hanging around here for a month or so - a deal usually comes along that would fit your criteria.

EDIT: I looked at some of the refurbs, thats actually a pretty decent deal, you can buy the warranty from them as well.

US Thanksgiving is worth waiting for. There will be a lot of aggressive competition for your dollars.

The new Arcade bundle at $280-300 might be your best bet - FS and BB might throw in a game or two like Viva PInata and Lego Star Wars - great kids games.

I took a look at the Future Shop bundle with the 2 games.. sounds good, and I am close to a few of them.. still 399.99 though..

I'm not really looking to trade any of my games (which I do have, Wii and DS games) to EB, although I hear from the posts here that they go a long way to reducing the prices..

I've got time, I don't have to have it till Dec 15th (10 days before Christmas, talk about stacking your gifts into a short period, eh?) so I don't have to hurry and pick one up in the next while, but is there a price drop expected before Christmas, or just more bundles being done?

Thanks

Just more bundles, the good thing is if you buy from Futureshop, they change the price within 30 days, you can get money back (whatever the price change was).

Safe bet would to buy it December, so you have the whole month for them to see if they change it for xmas, boxing day, new years, whatever.

Dell has a good deal on now too by the way, http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A1309716

halo 3, forza 2, and MUA with the HDMI cable input. Debating this package myself (and selling my xbox to my nephew for 300!)

Yeah, that deal in the post above is a great deal.

I too am debating buying that package and selling the 360 that I have.

bread's done
Back