Advice on selling my Dreamcast System

ezytarget

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just wanted to get some thoughts from you guys about how to approach selling my Dreamcast system.

It's been in storage a long time but I just checked it out and it works just fine still. I have a system, 2 controllers, memory card and NFL 2K1... plus the obvious power plugin and video cables.

Here's the other thing... I have about 42 roms on CD for the dreamcast. I don't to argue the merit's of using the roms, I was young, it was easy (so friggin easy), I was broke... etc. Now that I think about it, I'm still broke.

Anyway, obviously I shouldn't list those with the system for sale on something like ebay. Question is do I mention that it can come with those roms but I take no responsibility regarding those roms and if they work? Or should I just throw them away and sell the system as it is?

See that's what I was wondering... but the only reason I thought to ask was because does it really matter when it comes to almost a 10 year old system that isn't even in production nowadays? Would anyone care if it was Atari roms on a system? Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

From what I've always heard (I am in no way certain that this is true, just what is usually said about the matter), it's legal to own them if you own the original copy. You could put up this disclaimer on the page. I would say this might scare off some potential buyers, but if you're buying a dreamcast, chances are good that you're familiar with ROMs.

I don't know about the legality of selling them. It seems like that would be illegal though. You could just say you were throwing them in free if someone buys the bundle.

The more I think about it, the more of a hassle it seems to be. I just wouldn't worry with it.

"With the purchase of this DC bundle, you will receive a Frisbee in the form of a compact disc, that when inserted into the Dreamcast, may or may not play emulated ROMS of classic video games."

Or you can still use as a Frisbee or drink coaster.

bread's done
Back