Advice on setting up wall mounted LCD

gofishn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just ordered a 37" LCD and a wall mount and have a few questions for those of you who also have a wall mounted TV setup. Once I get the TV nicely mounted on my wall, what the hell do I do with all the cords and my game consoles. I need somewhere to put a Motorola TV box from Comcast, my 360 and my Wii, and maybe a DVD player. The last thing I want is 100 cords draped down my wall and across my room. Anybody have any ideas?

That's why I eventually went with a stand.

You might try to camoflauge or hide the cords with a silk plant, a piece of furniture or Home Depot sells plastic tubing that looks like moulding that you can run along the ceiling, floorboards, etc.

Good luck.

When pro's mount a tv on a wall. They drill holes and run the wires through the wall.

Just get a stand for it. That way you can hide the wires. Or go with a hundred wires running down your wall.

[quote name='chakan']That's why I eventually went with a stand.

You might try to camoflauge or hide the cords with a silk plant, a piece of furniture or Home Depot sells plastic tubing that looks like moulding that you can run along the ceiling, floorboards, etc.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

You've got a good point. I think I should be able to hide the cords somehow and have a small stand below the TV holding my consoles.

just go with the stand. if not have a pro set it up, its a lot of money but at least you know it is being done right. in the middle of the night you do not want to hear a huge clank coming from downstairs and realizing that your brand new tv just fell down.

bread's done
Back