Advice On Speakers?

The Game Zone ones are good, I have that same set in my room. I got it from gamestop.com like 2 years ago, for some reason it was 20 dollars cheaper back then (yes it is the exact same 5.1 setup as that picture). For that price I think they are great, I didn't expect the quality to be as good as it is. They're perfect for a bedroom or small room, and the subwoofer is pretty decent. However since they're more expensive now I don't know if I'd recommend them over those Logitech ones, as Logitech makes nice stuff too and you might be able to do better with you budget being $100.

if you're using them for console gaming, and you're going from just sound from TV speakers, to surround sound with a sub, it should have a big impact on how the game feels. Should be a hell of alot better.

I am always confused by how these things work. Dolby and DTS or whatever... are those supported by the Game Zone speakers? If not, then are they truly Surround Sound?

I have the GameZone 4.1 and they're okay, but for some reason the output is NOT surround sound. I've tried convincing myself that it was countless times, but for supposedly awesome sounding surround sound games, it still only registers as Left Channel or Right CHannel. Are these GameZone speakers truly surround sound speakers?

alright, i seriously know nothing about sound systems and what not, but i have a question. how would i hook up speakers ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...20/002-9289819-0211257?v=glance&s=electronics these to be exact) to my computer?

would i need a new soundcard? the one i have currently only has 3 outputs, 1 is for my mic, 1 for my computer speakers, and the last one has a picture of a musical note..

so yeah, any help would be appreciated, thanks ahead.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']alright, i seriously know nothing about sound systems and what not, but i have a question. how would i hook up speakers ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...20/002-9289819-0211257?v=glance&s=electronics these to be exact) to my computer?

would i need a new soundcard? the one i have currently only has 3 outputs, 1 is for my mic, 1 for my computer speakers, and the last one has a picture of a musical note..

so yeah, any help would be appreciated, thanks ahead.[/quote]

Those are fantastic speakers; in fact I am currently enjoying them. You will need a 6 channel audio card like the Sound Blaster Audigy to make use of all 5 speakers.

I didn't get a chance to pick up the speakers tonight, I think I'll just order em from Newegg. Also, can I hook up the Logitechs to multiple consoles and/or computer at the same time?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I didn't get a chance to pick up the speakers tonight, I think I'll just order em from Newegg. Also, can I hook up the Logitechs to multiple consoles and/or computer at the same time?[/quote]

You'll need lots of y-cables from radio shack.

with shipping would it not be cheaper to order from Office Depot through Amazon.

Shipping did not seem to be that much. It was 5 bucks, or .50 cents per pound, whichever is higher

[quote name='CaseyRyback']with shipping would it not be cheaper to order from Office Depot through Amazon.

Shipping did not seem to be that much. It was 5 bucks, or .50 cents per pound, whichever is higher[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I meant. Brain fart.

Noob question, I have a SoundMAX digital audio sound card, where can I look up and see if it supports 5.1?

cool, my speakers came in 3 days, pretty fast shipping even though i chose the standard. cost of shipping was a pain though, 16 bucks, but i'm satisfied with what i got.

I got the logitechs from amazon, I love em, use them on my TV/consoles/dvd. Liked them so much I tend to give them as gifts.

bread's done
Back