Advice/Suggestions For How to Make a Brain (updated w/ pics of jello brain)

Liquid 2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I got an assignment in my AP Psychology class to make a brain. It can be made out of anything, has to have the visible parts of the bran labeled, and creativity counts.
It does not have to be in pieces that you can build or take apart to see the inside of the brain, but creativity does count, and that would help greatly.
Also, simplicity would be nice (but its not a must), as I already don't have enough time.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm horrible at this kind of stuff:cold:
Alright, I went with the jello brain idea and it came out marvelously, thank you everyone who suggested anything.

Here are some images:

I'm going to put labels for the various parts of the brain on toothpicks, but I'll do that later.

Sounds strange, but try a block of dense modeling foam. If you pick up some decent begginner tools, and some foam paint, then you can slice away until you have a college grade model. Or macaroni. But, whatever. Tell us how it went!

Its due on Thursday, so I have some time.

The macaroni sounds good, but remember, creativity counts.
Play-doh won't work because the brain will need to hold its shape.
The dense modeling foam seems like the best idea so far.

I'll probably swing by the Hobby Lobby sometime tomorrow.
Keep the suggestions coming guys!

[quote name='fart_bubble']Sculpt it out of one of the greatest things on the planet, shit.[/QUOTE]I asked for suggestions and advice, not asshattery

Well I suggest picking up that episode of Pinky and the Brain where Brain decides to tell about every inch of the Brain. That episode talks about everything about the brain.

Also there is this vegtable that looks like a Human brain. No Joke ether. You could use that in your project. I forget but there is this liquid that will preserve a plant for years to come.

I also suggest using basic clay. The brown one. With clay you build the indvisual parts and put them together. I forget how to keep clay from drying when working with big projects. Maybe Clay that is soft but then you have heat it up inside a oven.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']jelo. different colors.[/quote]Jello is a good idea, but do you have any idea how I would properly shape it? And how well does jello hold up outside of a fridge? (I'm don't know whether or not I'll be able to use the staff refridgerator)
Cauliflower is also good and is better than macaroni, so thanks for that, it'll be my fall back plan if I con't go through with any of the more elaborate ideas.

Keep'em coming, and thanks for the already posted suggestions and future ones.

You could pick up a brain mold to shape the Jello. I went to a Halloween party last year where the hosts had a brain made of Jello as their table centerpiece. Looked awesome and freaked the kids out. When I asked how they did it, they showed me the mold and said they'd purchased it for like $5 at a Halloween store.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Jello is a good idea, but do you have any idea how I would properly shape it? And how well does jello hold up outside of a fridge? (I'm don't know whether or not I'll be able to use the staff refridgerator)
Cauliflower is also good and is better than macaroni, so thanks for that, it'll be my fall back plan if I con't go through with any of the more elaborate ideas.

Keep'em coming, and thanks for the already posted suggestions and future ones.[/quote]

grab your nuts around where they connect to yer unit, squeeze, then label each hemisphere with a pen.

I say foam and paint is the best. It will make a lot of dust though. I would just pre-cut the foam into all the parts you need. You'll be able to keep it together with toothpicks. I think thats your best bet.

Google "jello brain mold" and you get like a dozen different places that sell one. Some with pics and there's something a bit disturbing about a picture of a smiling 14 year old year girl with a spoon full of brain.
If you make a couple of them in different flavors, you can cut them up the same and interchange the colors to represent the different sections. PLus you get like a weeks worth of brain jello to eat as the bonus.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Google "jello brain mold" and you get like a dozen different places that sell one. Some with pics and there's something a bit disturbing about a picture of a smiling 14 year old year girl with a spoon full of brain.
[/quote]

Ray Liotta is not involved in those pictures is he?

[quote name='Man with the Plan']Tell us how it went![/quote]I upgraded the OP with the results, and it came out pretty damn good.
I managed to find some plain old gelatin, so I was able to color it with food coloring and got a result better than a lime green brain.

Thanks everyone, but a special thanks out to Noodle Pirate for the jello suggestion and MidnightRain for telling me about the existence of brain molds.

bread's done
Back