AEGamesAuction.com: Any Thoughts?

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I found out about this site a couple of days ago: http://www.aegamesauction.com/index.asp

The prices on new release titles seem too good to be true, but the seller (dealtree) has a lot of positive feedback, and is also located within the same area as I live.

I sent a money order for Monster Hunter Tri with Controller Pro Bundle for $39.99 and with free shipping (!). The seller has answered all of my questions on a timely basis, so it's a matter of waiting to see if the order will live up to his claims.

But has anyone shopped from this site before? Any pros or cons? He's also selling Super Street Fighter IV for $19.99, another crazy deal I'd like to take advantage of.

Could be that the seller(s) acquired those games through less than legal means.

The site seems to have all the necessary claims. Return policies, feedback systems, etc. They even have a forum.

[quote name='SOLDIER']The site seems to have all the necessary claims. Return policies, feedback systems, etc. They even have a forum.[/QUOTE]

But who doesn't know how to do that? I've set up a few sites and forums and it's really not that hard. Anyway it would be interesting to see how the OP's order turns out.

Hi guys! I have purchased two things from aegamesauctions.com and both were definitely true to their description. One of the games I bought was from dealtree, and although he did initially overlook my order I did receive it within a week after I contacted him about it, and surprisingly it was shipped from Amazon.

I was skeptical like you guys at first, but since I paid with Google checkout and Paypal I figured it would be easier to get my money back in case it was a scam.

Hope this helps!

Dealtree no longer accepts Paypal or Google payments, even though some of the auction listings say he takes Google. I just bought a few titles, expecting to send a payment through Google, and then the guys says he only takes check or money order. Now he claims that payment methods are decided by him. lol.

"Unfortunately buyers are unable to specify the payment method of their choice."

According to aegamesauction.com policies, that's not allowed. He should be honoring anything indicated in the listing.

I e-mailed him, and he seems very sketchy. The fact that he only takes check or money order is very strange. I posted some info here before, but forum mods keep deleting it. I just don't want to see anybody else scammed. Buy at your own risk.

Your order was shipped on 05/03/2010 via USPS First Class Mail and the estimated delivery date is May 12 - May 21

Thank you for your order.
dealtree

At the very least he's been consistent with e-mails. I concur that there is a bit of sketchiness involved, but if I end up with the product as promised, that'll be enough for me. This will be a one time transaction with them since I'm certain there's some shady dealings occuring somewhere during the transaction. I only used them because I couldn't find the MH3 bundle anywhere else. I wasn't certain if it would ever restock.

Out of curiosity, did you ever get that MT Tri bundle? I'm in the same situation and am seriously debating getting this through aegamesauction.com too.

I have not, and tomorrow's the last extra day I'll give it. I'll check with the site first and see if I can contact them.

Seems like fraud to me. I had my account disabled b/c I left dealtree negative feedback. Then the negative feedback was deleted. Seem fishy to you? They said I violated the feedback policy. Really? Why, because it wasn't positive? The seller totally earned the negative feedback... horrible communicator and rude. The site admins have now been cursing at me in email and I will show it to anyone who wants to see it. So just be careful. Facebook group in existence for anyone who wishes to share with and educate others on interactions with them.

Forgot to update you guys. I sent dealtree an e-mail asking where the damn game was, and he replied that he canceled the order since he read my concerns that the transaction was illegal. Apparently he read this thread and decided to cancel the transaction without any prior warning. Naturally I asked about a refund, and he claimed a check was on its way.

Well, turns out I did receive a check a few days later, and it did go through, so at least he was honest in that regard. I won't be dealing with that site again, but for anyone else, YMMV.

If it is to good to be true it usually is.

New games wholesale are $47.

So i highly doubt they are got through legal means.

bread's done
Back