Afro Samurai - Amazon - $12.98!!!

66 and 69% review scores on gamerankings. Not a bad price for a game of this caliber.

Just noticed it is in CDN. How much is that in US currency?

Last edited by a moderator:
Afro Samurai is worth $13. Watch the show first, otherwise the narrative is incomprehensible. Also, don't expect it to be just like the show as they have changed a narrative a bit. If you were a fan of the show, the game is great and it's a fun hack n' slash regardless.

[quote name='ju5tbringit']Looks like Tales of Symphonia Wii is also $12.98 (too bad I already got it, argh).

http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-Symphoni..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1258731933&sr=1-2

I didn't notice anything else.[/QUOTE]

!!! Ahhh I must get this. Now I just have to think of what else to add to get free shipping >.<
Found something. I decided to get two random volumes of Rurouni Kenshin (vizbig edition) since I always wanted to buy that series, even if I haven't finished it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ju5tbringit']Looks like Tales of Symphonia Wii is also $12.98 (too bad I already got it, argh).

http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-Symphoni..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1258731933&sr=1-2

I didn't notice anything else.[/QUOTE]

Nice. My sealed copy is still sitting on my shelf (bought it for $30).

I believe its TIV is over $8 at EB so hoarders will be on that like white on rice.

Afro Samurai should also be about $15 used at Best Buy (since it was overused for the trade-4 promotion).

Why would they pay $13 for a trade-inable game? i thought the threshold is like $10 or something.

Anyways, anyone who likes the tales series & has a wii but doesnt own this already should definitely buy this. For this price, I would buy 2 (though i already own one copy & currently short on cash). From what I notice, tales games go up in value over time (especially sealed copies)

Ordered Tales of Symphonia!
I've been looking for something around $10 to get free shipping for Duck Tales season 3 for my son. This worked out perfectly. Another Christmas gift off my list.

"Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes - it's a duck blur
You might solve a mystery or rewrite history"

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']woa! need some fillers for Tales[/QUOTE]

Yeah they thought about these sale prices, even if you order 3, you're still a few cents short of free shipping...!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Ordered Tales of Symphonia!
I've been looking for something around $10 to get free shipping for Duck Tales season 3 for my son. This worked out perfectly. Another Christmas gift off my list.

"Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes - it's a duck blur
You might solve a mystery or rewrite history"[/QUOTE]

My favourite show as a child. :D

For filler, there's Madworld ($25), HotD Overkill ($22, back-ordered), Wii Fit Plus ($20), Motion+ ($20).

Lots of decent (i.e. US) prices.

There is also Boom Box Party 29.99 (not in stock though), and Let's Tap 24.95

I ordered Afro Samurai with New Super Mario Brothers and Let's Tap :)

For that price, it's worth it for Kuma alone, one of the best fights and Yuri Lowenthal as Kuma is awesome :D And the game overall is just fun.

[quote name='firehawk12']Man, if Amazon didn't use UPS, I'd pick these up.[/QUOTE]

It is a hit and miss situation though. Out of the 5 orders I have placed from Amazon within the last 2 months, only one was shipped via UPS, and it was on Remebrance day. Everything else still came through Canada Post.

[quote name='firehawk12']Man, if Amazon didn't use UPS, I'd pick these up.[/QUOTE]

i've never had an order for amazon arrive via UPS...

/shrug

Lucky guys! A lot of other people seem to be getting UPS exclusively and it's just a pain to wait for packages. If I lived in a house, I'd totally just tell them to leave it outside... but oh well.

I have been receiving all my stuff from UPS when I have ordered from Amazon.ca lately, and so has my brother.

Mine shipped out yesterday via Canada Post. I think I've had them use UPS once or twice with my past orders though.

Previously Amazon had Persona 4 priced at $29.99. Now they raised the price by a buck. Weird.

They also used to sell Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) for $39.99 and now they raised the price to $44.99. Could be just demand and supply affecting the price?

Yeah, the demand for Persona 4 was so high that in order to compensate, the price went up by a whole dollar lol.

Valkyria Chronicles could be that the supply is starting to dry up a bit.

[quote name='Jouvert']They also used to sell Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) for $39.99 and now they raised the price to $44.99. Could be just demand and supply affecting the price?[/QUOTE]
This went up around 2 weeks ago, and it happened a day or two after BB raised their price from $40 to $45. Coincidence?

Whew, glad I got VC from BB when they had it for $40, it's still sealed and everything. That raise in price is weird.

lmao fml, I ordered PS3 GTA 4 (29.99) with Afro Samurai (along with New Super Mario Brother and Lets Tap), and now PS3 GTA 4 is 19.98

I havent even received my package yet. It is currently sitting at arrival scan. Within 3 days, the price dropped even further, and CSR refuses to refund me / give me credit for the difference.

The CSR told me I can return and re-order the game, such inconvience zzz.. Should I send the game back for $7 dollars, and purchase the games from Toys R Us for further saving? :(

such hassle lol

bread's done
Back