Afro Samurai - Gen. Discussion & Info

Yeah with SF4 coming out soon, I can wait for this one to get a price drop as well. Looking forward to playing it though.

This game is pretty fun! It reminds me a lot of the Crazy 88 fight scene in Kill Bill. You can dismember people at many, many points on their body.. I knocked a guy in the air, went into slow motion, jumped up and chopped him in half. The RZA soundtrack on the game is fantastic as well. Give it a rent at the very least..

Wonderful, Gamefly snubbed me and didn't send this one out of my queue. I saw video of the gameplay and this would been a good game to play for the weekend. Oh well.

Definitely renting it, it looks fun.. GameFly just shipped my copy out today same day as my Gamestop gets the copies in stores. I would buy if it was cheaper but with SF IV, KZ2, SO 4 all coming out in Feb. it's tough.. not to mention March has RE 5 and Madworld..

The reviews of the game are what I expect of an anime licensed game but I can't wait to play visuals look awesome even if it's 6 hrs. length..

There was a playable demo last year at the San Diego comicon. I remember not being too thrilled, but it could have changed. It was visually pretty nice.

I think if you're a fan of the anime, you're going to love it. The soundtrack is fucking spectacular.

The combat takes little to no skill, it's more along the lines of how flashy you want to look. It reminds me less of Devil May Cry/Ninja Gaiden, and plays more like something like Dynasty Warriors or Ninety-Nine Nights (without the epic scope.). That is to say, defense and timing are only necessary if you want to look like a badass, but not a requirement to progress through the game.

Overall, I love it. I know I said it in the opening paragraph but the soundtrack is righteous. Check it out if you like the series. :)

The camera system is terribly broken in this game. Combos are quite fun to execute and who doesn't like gallons and gallons of blood, but it's very frustrating when you have enemies surrounding you from all directions and you're not able to figure out who is where. More so when you're in a confinded space. Then it's just random button mashing to clear the space.

Rented this game solely because of Samuel L Jackson's name, and he doesn't disappoint. The animation is quite good. Someone mentioned the Crazy 88 from Kill Bill. That perfectly describes the action in this game.

Seems like a fun game but under no circumstances should this be full priced.

[quote name='polly']All I know is Brother 6 is a goddamned son of a bitch. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Is that the guy with the flamethrower? He was a bitch, yeah. The worst part was the burst of flame that were fucking impossible to dodge.

You just need to make sure you stay clear of the flamethrower and rush in when he stops. And rush toward him when he does that move where he flies into the air. It's not too difficult once you get the hang of it, unless he starts abusing that fire burst. At least there's two bears to heal you.

The story corresponds to the first season, not the new movie.

I just beat it. It was fun, but short (5:15). Definitely worth a rental, but nothing more. I think I'll try hard mode tomorrow, since it doesn't go back to Blockbuster until Saturday.

Has anyone tried hard mode? I find it to be impossible. It's ridiculous, because you don't regain health for killing enemies, and they do more damage.

Tried this out last night, pretty sick. Graphics look beautiful...the cell shaded comic look really look outstanding. Gameplay is pretty tight too, the moves you can pull off, and all the cool ways you can chop people up is really addicting. Game does get repetitive and the camera can be a bitch at times but it's definitely worth playing it. I say rent it or wait for a $30 price tag.

Just played this last night after playing Ninja Gaiden II for about 2 hours. Seemed very slow in comparison but still a fun game. The over focus (or whatever it is called) is BADASS. Running through everyone fucking them up reminded me of One with Jet Li. Having Sam Jackson in there speaking without any censorship is awesome as well. I might pick this up at a cheaper price later on.

bread's done
Back