Afro Samurai Season 1 (BR) $13.95 on Amazon

It looks like the BD deal is dead. I think they fixed it right after I ordered. Talk about lucky.
It's showing up @ $19.99 now.

It looks like the BD deal is dead. I think they fixed it right after I ordered. Talk about lucky.
It's showing up @ $19.99 now.

It's $13.95 @ Amazon.com
I suck at posting links from there, sorry. BTW - the disc has Dolby TrueHD audio.

...now how do I cancel my BB order??

I jumped on the FV deal because blu-rays are not often priced at under $20 and this didn't seem like a title that Amazon would ever offer in a bogo/b2g1. It would figure that when I did this, Best Buy would offer it cheap as well (even if only for a few days).
Oh well. I should get this, I hope, by Tuesday.

Bestbuy.com has it listed as a preorder but I just came from BestBuy with my copy :)
I was surprised to see it already on sale

Dang, I just got my e-mail confirmation that my copy at BB will be available for pick-up tomorrow. I might end up going there to pick it up just to return it so I can buy it through Amazon. There's always something there that I want that would make me eligible for free shipping.

I prordered about 2 weeks ago at $18.98 and today the order hasc cleared and I was justc chage $13.99 from amazon.

Even better deal

SWEET

Now I'm glad I didn't cancel/return my order for BB and order with Amazon. When I went there to pick it up, it wasn't where they thought it was set aside. According to the terms of the in-store pick-up, if they don't get it to you within 1 minute (5 minutes for larger items), they'll credit you $10 back. So, I ended up getting Afro Samurai on BD for $3.99 + tax. :bouncy:

[quote name='Mugen Power']Now I'm glad I didn't cancel/return my order for BB and order with Amazon. When I went there to pick it up, it wasn't where they thought it was set aside. According to the terms of the in-store pick-up, if they don't get it to you within 1 minute (5 minutes for larger items), they'll credit you $10 back. So, I ended up getting Afro Samurai on BD for $3.99 + tax. :bouncy:[/quote]

yeah.. that pickup policy is beyond stupid... it seems they never have the stuff right there.

[quote name='DestroVega']yeah.. that pickup policy is beyond stupid... it seems they never have the stuff right there.[/quote]

I don't even know when that policy started and this is the first time I noticed it. I haven't done this too many times at BB but every time I did it, my stuff was always right there. This time, they had to call all over the place, check random spots, and finally sent someone out to the warehouse to get a copy. But I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I don't even know when that policy started and this is the first time I noticed it. I haven't done this too many times at BB but every time I did it, my stuff was always right there. This time, they had to call all over the place, check random spots, and finally sent someone out to the warehouse to get a copy. But I'm not complaining.[/quote]

yeah, it's definitely a perk for consumers... I just think it's stupid for a company to implement the policy... what are they, pizza hut?

Tower.com has it for $11.86. They also have Dark City for $11. And Transformers for $23(they're already shipping it). Free shipping over $25.

[quote name='shadowrage']Tower.com has it for $11.86. They also have Dark City for $11. And Transformers for $23(they're already shipping it). Free shipping over $25.[/quote]

Cool thanks for the tip on Dark City.

[quote name='shadowrage']Tower.com has it for $11.86. They also have Dark City for $11. And Transformers for $23(they're already shipping it). Free shipping over $25.[/quote]Transformers is one of the $10 rebate titles, right? So if you already have Transformers on HD or DVD, that's even better - although $13 is still more than I'm willing to pay, especially on a double dip!

[quote name='cagfansub']Is Afro Samurai anime on BD a good blind buy?
Is this as good as Samurai 7 or Samurai Champloo?[/quote]

I never watched it and I bought it. It was a pretty good deal for a BD even before my $10 off. Looks like enough people like it. I have Champloo and watched Samurai 7 before but am not sure when I'll get to watching Afro Samurai so I can't really compare them.

[quote name='cagfansub']Is Afro Samurai anime on BD a good blind buy?
Is this as good as Samurai 7 or Samurai Champloo?[/QUOTE]

It is a very short first season. but is very cool to watch. It was a steal for $15 or whatever price you got it as. It doesn't have an incredibly deep story, but because it is so short there are major battles each episode.

And has anyone noticed that the screen is off-center in the main menu? It it is a little too far to the left. I have never had that problem happen before with a Blu Ray DVD.

[quote name='shadowrage']Tower.com has it for $11.86. They also have Dark City for $11. And Transformers for $23(they're already shipping it). Free shipping over $25.[/quote]
thanx, need filler then

[quote name='shadowkast']thanx, need filler then[/QUOTE]
They also have The Mist for $24 and 1408 for about $20. They already shipped the Mist to me.

I was a little iffy about pre-ordering from Family Video afraid they wouldn't have enough to ship and sure enough mine still hasn't shipped.
That makes me a sad panda.

i blind bought a copy from Family Video and i was satisfied... would have loved to get it at Tower tho! ;) my menu is off to the left as well... it cuts off 2-3 letters from the menu text items. i wish they had subtitles on the disc tho... that is my one complaint. otherwise, it was enjoyable.

What? no sub? I haven't watch my copy yet... that's lame, cause it's the first BD i ever heard got no subtitles... I know there are others, but i'm just speaking from my personal BD watching experience (watched over 50 so far from Netflex).

[quote name='DualDisorder']I was a little iffy about pre-ordering from Family Video afraid they wouldn't have enough to ship and sure enough mine still hasn't shipped.
That makes me a sad panda.[/quote]Same here.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, though when I checked my account, they said that it shipped on 08/23. :whistle2:s

Nice shipping notification email, eh.

[quote name='shrike4242']Same here.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, though when I checked my account, they said that it shipped on 08/23. :whistle2:s

Nice shipping notification email, eh.[/quote]

I never got a shipping notification email, I got this other weird kinda email on the 25th. According to their website mine is in fulfillment, but it's said that since I ordered it.

Code:
Hello xxxxxxx,

The following item(s):

1 x Afro Samurai Director's Cut; Repriced; Uncut Blu-ray Disc 

is(are) prebooked and should be arriving for your entertainment around:

08/26/2008

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment. 

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

just on the family video topic, i have used videos I ordered 2 weeks from today that have yet to arrive WTF!?!?

I had emailed FV about my order and this is the reply I got today. Kinda odd when their website was showing it in stock.

Hello xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent order. We are sorry to inform you that the following item(s) is backordered:

1 x Afro Samurai Director's Cut; Repriced; Uncut Blu-ray Disc

We have contacted the distributor already on your behalf and will notify you when your product(s) are in stock, usually within 2-4 weeks. We will monitor your order closely and provide you with updates as they become available to us.

If you have any questions please reply to this email message.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

bread's done
Back