After one month of WoW, I've decided...

TheSmokingPun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Why pay $15 for this crap? Seriously, it almost consumed my life, I didnt wanna do anything except get farther in the game. My account ran out and for 4 days after I said I didnt want it anymore, it tried to take the money out, but was thankfully blocked. I just got around to deleting the 5 GB's of data, and it made so much room.

Well, goodbye again PC gaming, I'm used to a controller anyways

My friends were saying I was such a bastard to them during the time, trying to hurry everyone up when we went places so I could go home and play WoW. I said I'd never play it, but got a 10 trial which turned into crack.

The $15 monthly price tag is what opened my eyes, especially when XBL is $7.99 a month plus I dont have to pay per game like this bullcrap.

fucking Blizzard, screw them

I played FFXI for about a year, and WoW for a month, it was fun, but I don't need that digital crack known as a mmorpg. I would probably keep my account to play here and there if it was like $5.00 a month, since a lot of what you do in WoW is solo stuff with the exception of instances and BG.

I did a year and a half of FFXI, 4 months of WoW, then another year of FFXI. I have lost pretty much all interest in it and haven't played in about a month. I played the LotRO beta a bit, and thankfully it sucks so bad that I'm not worried about playing it. The thought of starting a new MMORPG is too daunting anyway... such a timesink.

I dont care much about the monthly fee, its the addiction. In order to get the Epic stuff you need to invest hours of playing time just to get 1 pc of armor upgraded. And you cant do this shit solo, this takes a whole group of 40 people. This instance raids are scheduled at specific times, which in turn you have to schedule your RL stuff around it. It just takes too much out of you..

There really needs to be just one large "Should I play/I Just Quit/I was thinking of starting to play" WoW thread so we can all help people rationalize any decision they've come to in one place instead of four.

[quote name='OzCatter']...The $15 monthly price tag is what opened my eyes, especially when XBL is $7.99 a month plus I dont have to pay per game like this bullcrap....
[/QUOTE]

Why pay anything at all when you can play hundreds of games online for free on the PC.

I have tried quite a few MMORPG (DAOC, WoW, Everquest2) and each one of them I became very bored of after a couple weeks.

Don't let WoW taint your views on PC gaming. There are many other games that don't consume your life and are much more fun to play.

I played EQ for 3 odd years, but nothing since then has held my attention for more than a month or 2. Back in EQ-Kunark era, there was a genuine sense of wonder and mystery in the game. There werent millions of people mmoing, and info was sparse at that point.

WoW is without a doubt the most shallow MMO I have played though. It takes almost no time to level, and doesn't really give me that sense of accomplishment.

One of my best friends still plays though and it encompasses almost all his time. I keep restarting trial accounts so i can log in to talk to him sometimes, since I don't have the option otherwise without driving 20 mins and hoping he's awake.

I'm babbling now.

I play very sparsely now, but for over a year I was pretty obsessed with the game. I would stay in a lot of Friday nights and drink by myself so I could go on 6 hour raids. I have about 90 days played on one character since launch day. The saddest part? I was and still am nearly the least dedicated person in my entire guild. Most of them raid and pvp for hours every single day of the week and have 100-250 days played... even the ones with wives and kids.

Yea i was addicted for about 9 months a while ago, and one day, i just got bored of it. Havent played since or dont crave playing at all.

My wife is a hardcore WoWtard, and I love it! She's reduced her gaming budget to a mere $15 a month. I wish I could say that! lol Plus I have plenty of free time to hang with my friends. :D

I hear you man. I was addicted to WoW over the summer. A friend of mine got me into it and it quickly started to consume me. All I did day in and day out was grind and farm trying to get my level and skills up. The only thing that saved me was that I was low on cash and had to cancel my account.

I'm eternally grateful for that, since it gave me an eye-opener and I didn't wanna end up like those guys you hear about whose lives revolve around the game and wind up ignoring every aspect of their lives for it.

bread's done
Back