Age Of Booty on PS3, Battle Royale?

smiggity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Yo just checking the interest on getting a 8 person CAG member Age of Booty match going. Its really a ton of fun and with trophies more of you guys will probably get it.

So lets plunder!

Cmon, now. Lets get this popping off. My roommate always hops on with me, so thats two right there. StrandedBrit would probably be down if we could set a time, any more takers? We need 8 total...

Yeah the game is fun and simple enough to pick up and play whenever.
It looks like we have enough to get this popping, so how does Thurday Night 9pm EST sound?

Also it allows Local MP so if anyone has a friend or random slut lying around tell them to pick up a controller! :lol:

[quote name='m_d_amore']maybe making a private match is more stable ?[/quote]

I even tried that last night. So it doesnt look good for Thursday. Apparently they are working a patch though.

Just checked out this game for the first time because of this topic. Does this game support 4 player offline multiplayer?

[quote name='dpatel']Just checked out this game for the first time because of this topic. Does this game support 4 player offline multiplayer?[/quote]

Yes.

Online is broken. You guys can try it, but I cant connect to anyone without the trophy patch

props to smiggity for being 79th on the leaderboard

i need to get some more games in ,

sad this game is being over looked

[quote name='m_d_amore']props to smiggity for being 79th on the leaderboard

i need to get some more games in ,

sad this game is being over looked[/quote]

Yeah I think I have over 50 games in now. Kind of dissapointed we didnt get any new maps today. We should play a little bit tonight in the 2v2 rooms. Get our wins up.

[quote name='m_d_amore']lets see if they are retro

well i patched and no trophies for me :(
any word on what it does?[/quote]

No idea. But when I got the trophy patch the Challeng (easy, med, hard) trophies were retro!

And they are retroactive. So md all you have to do is beat the first level on hard and you get 3 trophies! I wonder if the online ones are

[quote name='smiggity']So now that the trophy whores have arrived, we should get a CAG battle royale going.[/quote]
I'd be down with some multiplayer AoB, as long as it isn't too soon. I'd like to play some single player to get used to the game first.

[quote name='mguiddy']I'd be down with some multiplayer AoB, as long as it isn't too soon. I'd like to play some single player to get used to the game first.[/quote]

Same here... I only played it once. :cool:

[quote name='smiggity']It may be the most simple game since Pong[/quote]
Shit... Pong... I still ain't figured that shit out.:bomb:

[quote name='mguiddy']Shit... Pong... I still ain't figured that shit out.:bomb:[/quote]

cpfpyd2.gif

:p

I'm glad Capcom is getting these trophy patches out and sad that they take so long (AoB, BC:R, SSF2THDR). I've been playing some other games but I'll probably start up Age of Booty soon.

If 1942: Joint Strike were to ever get a patch, I would buy the game.

[quote name='Hostile']I'm glad Capcom is getting these trophy patches out and sad that they take so long (AoB, BC:R, SSF2THDR). I've been playing some other games but I'll probably start up Age of Booty soon.

If 1942: Joint Strike were to ever get a patch, I would buy the game.[/quote]
First I heard BC:R was getting trophies, then I heard it wasn't... I wish I knew for sure.

I played the easy challenges... it's fun. Also did a few online games with Smog, first game we kicked butt, the next we had someone who hogged the upgrades and we end up losing. :cry: Oh well, only 49 more online wins to go.:lol:

I love playing this online so whoever needs to get their wins up shoot me a PSN message.

Its safe to say that BCR trophy "promise" was a way to sell it to the whores.

[quote name='smiggity']I love playing this online so whoever needs to get their wins up shoot me a PSN message.

Its safe to say that BCR trophy "promise" was a way to sell it to the whores.[/quote]
:cry:

Arrg... I hate to be double postin' but a bump is needed...
Anywho, anyone have any tips to success? I suck... hard at strategy type games. I tried the final challenge of medium like, eight times before I got fed up and started doing the easier "hard" challenges.
I swear brown and green were ganging up on me. Brown would keep messing with me while green would capture and fully upgrade all the northern towns and I was stuck running back and forth trying to keep/capture the lower towns. :bomb:

this game is basically a board game, iono i finished all the challenges in one sitting prob 3 hours

online public games take forever to search, since this thread is now brought back to life, count me in for a booty night

[quote name='mguiddy']Arrg... I hate to be double postin' but a bump is needed...
Anywho, anyone have any tips to success? I suck... hard at strategy type games. I tried the final challenge of medium like, eight times before I got fed up and started doing the easier "hard" challenges.
I swear brown and green were ganging up on me. Brown would keep messing with me while green would capture and fully upgrade all the northern towns and I was stuck running back and forth trying to keep/capture the lower towns. :bomb:[/quote]

Timing timing timing. Thats really all it is. Look for an opportunity and seize it.

[quote name='mguiddy']Arrg... I hate to be double postin' but a bump is needed...
I swear brown and green were ganging up on me. Brown would keep messing with me while green would capture and fully upgrade all the northern towns and I was stuck running back and forth trying to keep/capture the lower towns. :bomb:[/quote]

Same here dude. They should just really call it 2 vs 1, as green and brown never seem to mess with each other.

We should get a CAG night going!

[quote name='smiggity']Timing timing timing. Thats really all it is. Look for an opportunity and seize it.[/quote]
:bomb:
Damn you and your timing. When I see an opportunity and go to seize it, the other team goes and takes one of my towns.
One time brown and green must've been ignoring me because I had the bottom three towns full health and upgraded and was working on getting two of the side towns. While getting one, I'd lose the other. Then all of a sudden all three green would attack one of my towns, all three brown would go after another, then I'd run around trying to fend off the vultures while Pegleg would drive around in circles watching the sun shimmer off the water.:roll:

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Same here dude. They should just really call it 2 vs 1, as green and brown never seem to mess with each other.

We should get a CAG night going![/quote]
It's worse than that. More like 6vs2 since the game apparently thinks either Pegleg or I can do the work of two ships. Hell... it's almost like 6vs1+1, since Pegleg is a nitwit. Things would be a lot easier if I could somewhat influence his actions, even if I could just tell him to "Upgrade".

[quote name='smiggity']My efforts have been futile :([/quote]
I'd be up for a CAG night.

[quote name='m_d_amore']follow pegs lead sometimes .
npc never upgrade for me hog them[/quote]
I was planning on trying a game that way next time I try it.
And Peg only upgrades when I'm on my way to go upgrade. If I'm in the middle of something he won't, even when I see him respawn so he's right there.:roll:

And when you sent me that invite last night I had been playing that same level for like, 2 hours, so I was getting fed up with AoB.:lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']:bomb:
Damn you and your timing. When I see an opportunity and go to seize it, the other team goes and takes one of my towns.
One time brown and green must've been ignoring me because I had the bottom three towns full health and upgraded and was working on getting two of the side towns. While getting one, I'd lose the other. Then all of a sudden all three green would attack one of my towns, all three brown would go after another, then I'd run around trying to fend off the vultures while Pegleg would drive around in circles watching the sun shimmer off the water.:roll:

It's worse than that. More like 6vs2 since the game apparently thinks either Pegleg or I can do the work of two ships. Hell... it's almost like 6vs1+1, since Pegleg is a nitwit. Things would be a lot easier if I could somewhat influence his actions, even if I could just tell him to "Upgrade".

I'd be up for a CAG night.[/quote]

Another "timing" trick is going for the towns in the last minute of a match. Say you both have 2 towns all you have to do is take their town down and you win. So go for the win in the last 30 seconds to a minute. This is especially crucial on the final medium challenge and the final hard challenge.
Hope that helps.

Pegleg is the worst AI partner in any game. Ever.

On a side note, I looked at my trophy list and I now have 2 Age Of Booty entries. One with platinum and one without. So I still cant sync with server, 4 months later. Kind of starting to piss me off

[quote name='smiggity']Another "timing" trick is going for the towns in the last minute of a match. Say you both have 2 towns all you have to do is take their town down and you win. So go for the win in the last 30 seconds to a minute. This is especially crucial on the final medium challenge and the final hard challenge.
Hope that helps.

Pegleg is the worst AI partner in any game. Ever.

On a side note, I looked at my trophy list and I now have 2 Age Of Booty entries. One with platinum and one without. So I still cant sync with server, 4 months later. Kind of starting to piss me off[/quote]
That really sucks about not being able to sync.

That helps... I didn't really realize you could win just by having the most towns. I mean... I thought it might work, but not really... :oops: :lol:

I'm gonna try to hold three and keep one "down" (not upgraded that is) and try that way.

You know I'd be in for CAG night if I could get online at all.

Does anyone else on CAG have connection problems with this game? Less than 2 seconds after selecting the type of online match, it says I was disconnected. I've installed/reinstalled numerous times (even after this patch) and tried getting online with 2 different internet connections, so I'm guessing its something with the game.

bread's done
Back