Age of Empires 3 Demo is out !!!!!!

I'll be playin this in about an hour...I NEVER played an AoE game before, so here's hoping it runs well (heard it was graphically awesome) and plays well!

About eff'in time...one of the few games I was actually looking forward to this year.

Talk about an excuse to buy a new computer ;)

I guess I'll nab this in the morning... finally got through on 3DGamers only to have the download link come up 404 Forbidden.

wow, that is amazing! I might actually buy a computer game. I had the first one and i loved it and this is looking 10 times better. Now lets just hope the DS version is good........

It's very confusing to me (which is expected, the only "Age of.." game I played was Ao Mythology, and I didn't like it much)...So many different buildings, units, upgrades, etc. If this is an official release of the demo, I can't see why they didn't have a tutorial (or am I missing it?). I'll keep messing around though, the card system thing seems interesting, and it's obviously a lot deeper than I understand!

Not as graphic intensive as it looks, my x600 XT OCed can handle it turned up all the way. Hella fun too! Gotta relearn the game interface though, took me 30 mintues to figure out how to "age-up".

[quote name='dtarasev']Not as graphic intensive as it looks, my x600 XT OCed can handle it turned up all the way. Hella fun too! Gotta relearn the game interface though, took me 30 mintues to figure out how to "age-up".[/QUOTE]

Are you turning all options to max?

What resolution are you running btw...?

[quote name='irrossistable']My Athlon 2400+ and GeForce 4 Ti 4200 w/AGP8xdon't seem to be enough to handle it... Extremely disappointing.[/QUOTE]
Dude, that video card is at lease 3 generations back (not to mention 3 YEARS old). WTF were you expecting, a miracle? Get a Radeon 9800 at least and step up to the year 2003 ;)

[quote name='CappyCobra']Dude, that video card is at lease 3 generations back (not to mention 3 YEARS old). WTF were you expecting, a miracle? Get a Radeon 9800 at least and step up to the year 2003 ;)[/QUOTE]
I really, really was.:cry:

Hell, I wouldn't have that good of a card if Nvidia hadn't sent back a better model when the first failed.

And for whoever asked about a storyline, the first two only had a campaign mode, where you tried to relive moments in ancient history with heroes (Joan of Arc, Genghis Khan, and the like). I don't think Mythology had much of one either, but I don't quite remember.

Wow, I played it last night and it's a lot more involved than AoE 2 by far. A new card system and resupplying system have been implemented to add more features.

The graphics are beautiful. My 6600 GT OC handled everything smoothly at the max.

Too bad they cap the Home City Level at 9, so you can't unlock the next level of "Cards." :whistle2:(

Demo's done for me, then. Now to wait for the Empire of War Demo before I decide which strat game to buy. But most likely Empire at War, as it's a persistant universe instead of mission to mission. And the idea of controlling a fleet of Star Destroyers is a big turn on. :)

I couldn't find it either, but it didn't matter. I was pwning so unbelievably bad that I wouldn't have a need to save. I totally raped their two cities with Musketeers.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Dude, that video card is at lease 3 generations back (not to mention 3 YEARS old). WTF were you expecting, a miracle? Get a Radeon 9800 at least and step up to the year 2003 ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL i have the same video card but on a P4 3GHz, yea i know i need a new video card lol. The last pc game i played was Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising and it ran fine. ;)

I stopped my download. :roll:

I have a Radeon 9800 pro...and at first it would freeze up on start up of the game...and then I installed the drivers and it worked fine...So if anyone is getting a blue blank screen which shuts your computer off just update the drivers. I didnt think a demo of this game would need that high end of graphics when half-life 2 and doom and battlefield 2 dont need my driver updated. Anyways...the game is pretty fun...IDK if I am going to like the card system they implanted as it kinda detours from the basic roots of the franchise. Also I am kinda looking forward to Rise of Legends more then this as it seems a little better unit wise...

[quote name='JDMxB']Are you turning all options to max?

What resolution are you running btw...?[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure I turned everything up to the max. Im running at 1280x1024. Lags a bit when there are lots of people but not too badly.

bread's done
Back