Agetec ASCII Grip one handed controller for ps1 - manual?

bordjon

CAGiversary!
Thought I might post this question here as well as the sony forum:

Hello - my nephew has one of these controllers but doesn't have the manual so he doesn't know how to program the buttons on it. He mainly plays rpgs and want to use it for that. He had said at some point maybe years ago he saw a pdf file of the manual somewhere but can't find it now. Does anyone have a link the pdf manual for this thing - or if you own it - could you describe how to progam the buttons?

I think this is the controller here:

http://www.agetec.com/products.asp?M...ded+Controller

Much thanks

Jonathan

Well - I guess I'll kinda answer my own question here - I just got this awesome and very fast reply from agetec - I'm impressed with their support!

Dear Jonathan,

Here is the instruction how to use the button.

FUNCTION # 1
Button Configuration
The ASCII Grip button configuration can be arranged to the following three choices. After you have changed the arrangement, it stays that way even after turning the PlayStation off. The configuration only changes if you manually reconfigure it.

Arrangement 1 - Standard Arrangement
This is the arrangement when the product was purchased.
To select this arrangement from arrangements 2 or 3, hold the SELECT and START button down, simultaneously, while turning on the PlayStation.

Arrangement 2
Press the SELECT button while turning on the PlayStation.

Arrangement 3
Hold the START button down while turning on the PlayStation. This arrangement allows you to use the programmable buttons.

FUNCTION # 2
Programmable Buttons
The programmable buttons can only be used in arrangement 3. The back buttons, which are the O and X buttons (in the standard arrangement), become programmable button 1 and programmable button 2. The programmable buttons can memorize all the buttons you were pressing while you turned on the PlayStation.

To erase the settings of the programmable buttons, press only the programmable buttons you want to erase while turning on the PlayStation.

NOTES:
The programmable buttons cannot memorize the directional pad or other programmable button.

Even when the button arrangement is changed, the settings for programmable button 1 and programmable button 2 are maintained when arrangement 3 is resumed.

When programmable button 1 and programmable button 2 are both pressed while turning on the PlayStation, programmable button 1 always takes precedence.

When you set the programmable button while in arrangement 1 or 2, it automatically switches to arrangement 3.

We hope it helps your nephew and he can enjoy the game with it.

Best Regards,

Agetec Customer Service
www.Agetec.com
[email protected]

bread's done
Back