AHHHH! Football or Wii???!!!

pop311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Ok, I am planning to camp out for the Wii on Nov. 18 until 12:00AM Nov. 19. I just realized today that the (6)Michigan vs. (1)Ohio State game is on Nov. 18. I am a fucking HUGE University of Michigan fan, but I am also a huge gamer and Nintendo-er. What do I do?
Edit: I forgot to say that My brother will be coming home from college for his Thanksgiving Break and watching the Game has been tradition-ish.

I think everyone has this solution covered, good show.

If that's not an option... import the DS TV tuner (if that's been released in Japan already).

[quote name='pimpinc333']Also if watching game is a tradition, Bring a portable TV and your brother. Problem Solved. :)[/quote]Brother no like waiting, lines, nintendo, or wii:cry:

[quote name='pop311']Brother no like waiting, lines, nintendo, or wii:cry:[/QUOTE]

Trick him. Tell him your going to a new hot spot to watch the game on a big ass TV. Problem Solved ;)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Trick him. Tell him your going to a new hot spot to watch the game on a big ass TV. Problem Solved ;)[/quote]pshh!

Here's a thought...put down a preorder!

Its shocking, I know, but you can bet that EB Games / Gamestop will be announcing their plan in the next few days. Go early and make sure you are near the top of your stores list. Then you don't need to camp and can watch Michigan kick the crap out of Ohio State.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Here's a thought...put down a preorder!

Its shocking, I know, but you can bet that EB Games / Gamestop will be announcing their plan in the next few days. Go early and make sure you are near the top of your stores list. Then you don't need to camp and can watch Michigan get the crap kicked out of them by Ohio State.

TBW[/quote]

Fixed.

Not a fan of either really, but Jim Tressel is 3-1 against Michigan, with much worse teams than the one he has this year. No contest. OSU's first challenge will come in the National Championship.

The Buckeyes will win anyway so just go camp out and save yourself the heartache.:twisted: The Wii will wash your sorrows away.

[quote name='Velikost']I thought this was a serious problem. It's college ball.

Go for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Somebody's still in high school... or middle school... or elementary school.

Ohio vs. Michigan... that'll be a HELL of a game IMO. Ohio State's shown that they're dominant all right but Michigan has shown that they're no push overs after taking down ND (ND sucks ass BTW).

I love watching good games with friends and family. It's always fun. Sure you can record it and watch it later but by then, everybody will have already enjoyed it while your trying to avoid listening in so you don't hear any spoilers while they're talking about it.

I say watch the game. The Wii will be there... you might not get it for a while (but I doubt that) but you'll get one sooner or later.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']u will prob be able to walk into a walmart that day and get one[/quote]

I can probably agree with that, or at worse, you get one the next week. There are so many Wiis coming out there isnt even a need to preorder.

You'll survive missing the game. My friend who went to Michigan just missed his first home game in 6 years (actually going to the stadium) due to his wedding a few weeks ago. We caught parts of it in the limo. He made it through the day. ;)

Ask yourself what will be more important five to ten years later when you look back at it. If it is spending time with your brother and friends at the game, forget the Nintendo. If it is the temporal joy of having the system just as it comes out, tape the game. It sounds from your narrative that the game is more important, but if not forget it and don't look back. I personally think you will be able to pre-order the Wii somewhere so this probably won't be a dilemma. What do I know though.

Honestly, pass on the midnight launch and camp out at a Best Buy or Circuit City after the game. Getting their eight hours early is still enough to get you and your brother a Wii.

Wait, Football is on Sunday...

I'll already have a Wii by the time the Colts play.

Being an IU alumn my Saturdays are free.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Wait, Football is on Sunday...

I'll already have a Wii by the time the Colts play.

Being an IU alumn my Saturdays are free.[/QUOTE]

At least IU has a team. My two universities (American and North Florida) both are sorely lacking in the pigskin area.

[quote name='Tybee']Thankfully, Georgia has a by that weekend, so no such dilemma for me.[/quote]Nothing against Georgia, I just hate them after they beat CU.

Pff Football game by far, even though I'm not a football fan I still love going to games....plus standing in line for hours for a system never sounds interesting to me anyways lol

Hmm... sell my Ohio State-Michigan tickets and buy a Wii, 3 controllers, every launch game, and a PS3 or keep my tickets and drink my ass off at a tailgate and then be surrounded by 100,000 people who could potentially be extremely happy or extremely malcontent?

[quote name='pop311']I am not dure every one gets this. I am not actually going to the game. Just meerly watching it at HOME.[/quote]

Oh, well just go after the game then and pick one up at Wal-Mart or some other store near you that will be open 24 hours.

You wouldn't want to be at the game anyway. I wouldn't dump beer or throw nachos at you, but I can't be held accountable for the other 99,000 fans there.

[quote name='shipwreck']Oh, well just go after the game then and pick one up at Wal-Mart or some other store near you that will be open 24 hours.

You wouldn't want to be at the game anyway. I wouldn't dump beer or throw nachos at you, but I can't be held accountable for the other 99,000 fans there.[/quote]Eh, Buckeyes are pansies. Though, so are Wolverine fans, since they didn't trash my friend from Pennsylvania who joined me (a mostly Spartan fan) and my friend in the student section at the UMich/PSU game few years ago

[quote name='pop311']I am not dure every one gets this. I am not actually going to the game. Just meerly watching it at HOME.[/quote]

It's still more fun to watch the game at home instead of standing on line for hours and hours in the cold.

bread's done
Back