Aion: The Tower of Eternity Steelbook Edition (PC) $25.78 - Amazon DotD

Word of warning- This has more grinding than an old broken down Trans Am.

Very pretty game, but expect to sit and kill things for bloody hours on end before you can do a damn bit of fun. Huge content gaps kills this game.

I fucking hate myself for considering, even for a moment, buying an MMO that I would never even open or play, in any remote possibility, just because it has a shit hot steelbook case. That's a damn fine cover, but I think I'll wait for sub-$20.

As a player since launch, I can vouch that this is a decent MMO for being out for 2 months.
Like previously mention, the graphics are GORGEOUS, sometimes I just sit around and admire the scenery. The grind problem, yes there will be some grind, but it's not as bad as other asian mmos. As long as you can find some leveling buddies, it'll make the grind a bit more enjoyable. At time of this writing I'm currently level 39(cap is 50). And I've still got a bunch of quests I haven't done yet.

The only problem is NCsoft needs to solve is the bots/gold farmer running rampant amonk and we might have a winner. ;/

I stopped playing this game because of the grinding.... It's a VERY good game but your gonna hit a point where your just killing shit for hours to advance and it might make you quit unless you with others to lessen the pain. :p I got up to about level 23 and this is the second MMO I ever played so take this with a grain of bacon. Yes I sucked btw so don't hate me kay? :'( There's also a monthly fee just in case youz guys didn't know.

For this price it wouldn't hurt to give it a try, it has it's problems but it's a very good game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='earvcunanan']Is there a fee associated to playing the game?[/QUOTE]
Credit and debit card payments will automatically recur until deactivated.
All multiple month credit card plans are billed up front in one payment for the full amount

You have a choice of:
1 month: $14.99
3 months: $39.99 (equivalent to $13.33 per month)
6 months: $75.99 (equivalent to $12.66 per month)
12 months: $139.99 (equivalent to $11.66 per month)

Plus tax in the US of course

I really like this game. Yes, a lot of grinding, but there are plenty of quests, the lore is pretty good also. The pvp is fun and when you do get deck out, you also feel pretty good about it because it is not given to you. But yes, if you are not too into grinding till your eyes bleed, then perhaps this is not for you.

I recently built a new PC partly for this game (and diablo 3, starcraft etc). i7-920, 6gb ram, Rademon HD 5850 on a 24inch 1920x1200 screen and oh my, this game is pretty!

Asmodian Chanter FTW!

and ncsoft recently ban somewhere around 27000 accounts and I do see a big difference in the number of bots running around. More can be done, but they are doing something.

[quote name='USB Cable']Credit and debit card payments will automatically recur until deactivated.
All multiple month credit card plans are billed up front in one payment for the full amount

You have a choice of:
1 month: $14.99
3 months: $39.99 (equivalent to $13.33 per month)
6 months: $75.99 (equivalent to $12.66 per month)
12 months: $139.99 (equivalent to $11.66 per month)

Plus tax in the US of course[/QUOTE]

What I do is buy Timecards from Gogamer since they sell 60 days cards for about $20.

http://www.gogamer.com/PlayNC-Game-...VproductId14132185VVcatId444774VVviewprod.htm

[quote name='kozu']The only problem is NCsoft needs to solve is the bots/gold farmer running rampant amonk and we might have a winner. ;/[/QUOTE]

yeah... NCsoft/ArenaNet seem to have this problem across all their games. It was/still is a major problem in Guild Wars and it has ruined the in game economy. A major part of why a LOT of people have quit that game. The other reason: Unbalanced skills being completely reworked month after month creating more of a mess than enjoyability.

bread's done
Back