Akai Katana converted to used at GameStop?

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!
My local GameStop had a copy of Akai Katana that was new and converted to used for $9.99. They still have new copies listed on the website so this may be ymmv. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone was interested.

It's 1200 points on GoD as well. Just generally falling since it's SHMUP and those don't really hold their value these days

[quote name='letskissthesky']My local GameStop had a copy of Akai Katana that was new and converted to used for $9.99. They still have new copies listed on the website so this may be ymmv. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone was interested.[/QUOTE]

This is true, all the new copies were converted to used 3 days ago. Picked mine up when we found out. :D

i think it's YMMV for stores who had at least 2 copies. My local store has only 1 new copy, and they still haven't converted it to used.

I picked it up today for 9.99 used...I am pretty sure its been converted to used. I'm pretty happy with finding it used since if I don't like it I can return it.

Was considering using Amazon credit and buying new at $14.99. But on visit to the grocery store just stopped in on whim to the nearby GS and got the last one new-to-used, $9.99. Quite like it. Plus has a well-produced color instruction manual with good breakdown of the two gameplay systems. Something to be appreciated nowadays.

[quote name='biledriver']It's 1200 points on GoD as well. Just generally falling since it's SHMUP and those don't really hold their value these days[/QUOTE]

The Japanese version still sells for near $100. It is about supply and demand. 50k USA copies along with who knows how many PAL versions that are also Compatible with USA Xbox 360's.

A GOD release as well as less people wanting to purchase the game in the States then Pressed at the factory.

I bought it for $42 on day 1 I guess I look like a Idiot. I also paid $120 for the Japanese 360 version.

Akai Katana's failure is the reason there is no Under Defeat HD on Xbox 360 in the States.

Well if enough people buy the GoD version could help. Clearing it at $10 at Gamestop? Not so much.

Then again this is CAG. People are here to save money, so... either way works.

I paid full retail, release week, and despite feeling foolish for not waiting to get it cheaper the game was worth the purchase.
The poor sales of Akai Katana have me wondering if Under Defeat is going to be a rare game. I tried to pre-order from Gamestop and was told pre-order isn't available and the manager I spoke with wasn't sure if they were going to get any new copies. All my credit is currently tied up at GS and BB so it looks like I'll have to either break down and pre-order elsewhere or roll the dice and wait to see if there will be a significant quick drop like Akai Katana.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I picked it up today for 9.99 used...I am pretty sure its been converted to used. I'm pretty happy with finding it used since if I don't like it I can return it.[/QUOTE]

Have them ring it up, it most-likely will pop up as used as the $9.99 price because it's no longer in our system as new anymore.

They just never did the price change for it yet.

[quote name='mark_IV']The poor sales of Akai Katana have me wondering if Under Defeat is going to be a rare game. I tried to pre-order from Gamestop and was told pre-order isn't available and the manager I spoke with wasn't sure if they were going to get any new copies. All my credit is currently tied up at GS and BB so it looks like I'll have to either break down and pre-order elsewhere or roll the dice and wait to see if there will be a significant quick drop like Akai Katana.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop never listed Under Defeat for preorder on their website, for some reason. It is available on Amazon and Newegg though, among others. I have 2 copies on order, one from Amazon and one from Newegg. Looking forward to this game!

Haven't played one of these games since Dreamcast days. Used to play tons on SNES and Genesis. Bought a used copy at GS for $10 couple days ago and well, I used 9 continues on my first play through. Really rusty at this type of games now. ;) Overall, I like it as it's a good change of pace from the usual millions of FPS nowadays that sell zillions. I bought it mainly because it's a side scroller (rarer) instead of vertical scroller.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Haven't played one of these games since Dreamcast days. Used to play tons on SNES and Genesis. Bought a used copy at GS for $10 couple days ago and well, I used 9 continues on my first play through. Really rusty at this type of games now. ;) Overall, I like it as it's a good change of pace from the usual millions of FPS nowadays that sell zillions. I bought it mainly because it's a side scroller (rarer) instead of vertical scroller.[/QUOTE]

I am horrible at shmups but I still like to have a few around when I'm in the mood to play one.

[quote name='mark_IV']I paid full retail, release week, and despite feeling foolish for not waiting to get it cheaper the game was worth the purchase.
The poor sales of Akai Katana have me wondering if Under Defeat is going to be a rare game. I tried to pre-order from Gamestop and was told pre-order isn't available and the manager I spoke with wasn't sure if they were going to get any new copies. All my credit is currently tied up at GS and BB so it looks like I'll have to either break down and pre-order elsewhere or roll the dice and wait to see if there will be a significant quick drop like Akai Katana.[/QUOTE]

do you know if Under Defeat is for PS3 only, assuming it actually makes it to retail or is there an Xbox 360 version coming as well?

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Sweet find op. Been on my radar for awhile. Under $10 is my sweet spot.[/QUOTE]

Glad to be of help.

bread's done
Back