Al-Zarqawi is dead.

The guy behind many of the attacks in Iraq.

I can't seem to find a link of it, but they reported it on abc around 12:00 on tv (pacific time). They said it was confirmed that he died, but then again there have been so many claims that he has been killed by the US many times before.

BTW: Did anyone else see the special news report?

I can't wait to hear Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc., claim that "liberals are devastated by the news."

It's great that he's dead. Let's get out of Iraq now.

(BTW - interesting how this comes out the day after the gay marriage ban went down in flames. Could he have been dead all along, but the pentagon waited until a politically opportunistic time to show it off? I'm just trying on my tin-foil hat over here...)

[quote name='E-Z-B']
(BTW - interesting how this comes out the day after the gay marriage ban went down in flames. Could he have been dead all along, but the pentagon waited until a politically opportunistic time to show it off? I'm just trying on my tin-foil hat over here...)[/quote]

This wouldn't suprise me one bit if it was true.

[quote name='E-Z-B'](BTW - interesting how this comes out the day after the gay marriage ban went down in flames. Could he have been dead all along, but the pentagon waited until a politically opportunistic time to show it off? I'm just trying on my tin-foil hat over here...)[/QUOTE]
They'd have saved it for November, if they wanted to do that.

There are more important conspiracies out there, that people are too afraid to dabble in. For instance, both parties are controlled by one entity. Etc.

[quote name='Scorch']What's his significance?[/QUOTE]

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

He made legendary donuts that kept our soldier's morale up.

Truth be told, good on him being dead. I, like EZB, can easily hold my breath until the first right-winger claims that liberals are devastated that we are now 'progressing' in Iraq. Now, in truth, charismatic leaders are immensely critical (consider Iran pre-Ahmedinejad to Iran now), and in their absence, the structure of the organization they headed can crumble really quickly (or not - consider Christianity). It remains to be seen if someone can or will (two very different things here) step up and not only want to be the new charismatic leader, but be accepted by others as the leader. It could embolden them, and it could destroy them. If the latter, fucking fantastic. Let's sweep and mop, and go home.

Now, if you're foolish enough to think that this person's death, more than three years after the beginning of the war, and more than four years after the beginning of planning for war, somehow vindicates the position and strategy of the administration in sending out troops over there, you're committing a major logical fallacy. Evidence comes before the conclusion, not after. (the ends don't justify the means, after all). I'm glad that he's gone, but hopefully this will be a symbolic occurrance that will reduce the willingness of people to participate in the insurgence, and we can start bringing dudes home as soon as the end of this year.

BTW, I have a morbid curiosity. Anyone have a link to the pic of him dead? (Don't post the image here, but link to it instead).

They said they matched his finger prints. How did they get fingerprints of a third-world terrorist who's been in hiding since before the start of the war?

[quote name='E-Z-B']They said they matched his finger prints. How did they get fingerprints of a third-world terrorist who's been in hiding since before the start of the war?[/QUOTE]
I don't see how they couldn't... It's not implausible.

its good and all, but these terrorists are like shark's teeth. When one gets knocked out, there are rows and rows of teeth behind it to replace the lost one

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']its good and all, but these terrorists are like shark's teeth. When one gets knocked out, there are rows and rows of teeth behind it to replace the lost one[/quote]

Apparently Zarqawi had uncommon charisma and leadership ability, attributes which are indispensible to any military operation. He had also become somewhat of a legend, therefore the legend has been killed which will hurt terrorist morale.

But yeah, this ain't the end of terrorism, that's for sure.

BTW, if you google for 'Zarchowi' then CAG comes up first. :lol:

while it's no doubt good news that Zarqawi is no more, it's worth remembering that Bush wasn't willing to hit this known al-Qaeda terrorist in a known location based on air-tight intelligence before the war even began.

NBC News has learned that long before the war the Bush administration had several chances to wipe out his terrorist operation and perhaps kill Zarqawi himself -- but never pulled the trigger.

In June 2002, U.S. officials say intelligence had revealed that Zarqawi and members of al-Qaida had set up a weapons lab at Kirma, in northern Iraq, producing deadly ricin and cyanide.

The Pentagon quickly drafted plans to attack the camp with cruise missiles and airstrikes and sent it to the White House, where, according to U.S. government sources, the plan was debated to death in the National Security Council.

"Here we had targets, we had opportunities, we had a country willing to support casualties, or risk casualties after 9/11 and we still didn't do it," said Michael O'Hanlon, military analyst with the Brookings Institution.

This NBC report was later confirmed by the Wall Street Journal and Australian journalists who got on-the-record comments from the former head of the CIA's Osama bin Laden unit.

[quote name='E-Z-B']^^ Note that it said "northern Iraq". The only region that Saddam could not control.[/QUOTE]

exactly

they were about as friendly as kobe and shaq

[quote name='E-Z-B']Well, it looks like the story's already changing. Instead of two 500-lbs bombs taking him out, apparently "Zarqawi was apparently injured at first... The Americans found him. They handed him over to the Iraqis and he later died of his injuries," ABC said[/QUOTE]

They must have realized the *slight* problem of matching someone based on their fingerprints after they've been hit by 2 500lb bombs.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Well, it looks like the story's already changing. Instead of two 500-lbs bombs taking him out, apparently "Zarqawi was apparently injured at first... The Americans found him. They handed him over to the Iraqis and he later died of his injuries," ABC said

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-06-08T075226Z_01_GEO825572_RTRUKOC_0_UK-IRAQ-ZARQAWI.xml[/quote]

:roll:

So I guess the two F-16's that nearly every channel is talking about, plus the camera recorded footage of the bombs dropping is fake right? Not a single news source I have seen today has mentioned anything about a helicopter attack. Have you seen the destroyed farmhouse? There is no way a helicopter caused that much damage.

r.i.p. Nick Berg

_40143223_berg300ap.jpg

Folks, here's what's left of a body after "an airstrike" that drops "two 500-lb bombs":

zaqawis.jpg

al_zarqawi.jpg

At least that's what the pentagon wants us to believe.

Another thing too: he was also identified by his "tatoos". Except that tatoos are forbidden.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Another thing too: he was also identified by his "tatoos". Except that tatoos are forbidden.[/QUOTE]
photo_wildchild_goldberg.gif

Tattoos are forbidden to Jewish people, too. And I bet many, many Muslims masturbate.

I wouldn't use that as evidence that the government is blowing smoke up the peoples' asses.

also (not defending any side here) but depending on where you are in the bunker.... those injuries could be consistent with the US gov't account of things

of course they've been known to lie on occasion before....

[quote name='E-Z-B']I can't wait to hear Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc., claim that "liberals are devastated by the news."
[/QUOTE]

Not just them.

New Jersey Republican Chairman Tom Wilson released the following statement today:

"We owe a debt of gratitude to the men and women of our military for having eliminated one of the top masterminds of the Al Queda terrorist organization that was responsible for 9/11 and countless other murderous acts around globe. Their triumph marks a significant moment in the war against terror.

"However, this moment also provides a clear and compelling reminder of why Bob Menendez should not be sitting in the United States Senate. If Bob Menendez had his way, Zarqawi would still be leading a campaign of car bombings, assassinations, suicide attacks, kidnapping and beheadings in order to make Iraq a safe haven from which al Qaeda could continue its war against freedom and the American way of life. If Bob Menendez had his way, Mr. Zarqawi would be alive and plotting the next attack on America, Great Britain, Canada or who knows where."

[quote name='E-Z-B']Folks, here's what's left of a body after "an airstrike" that drops "two 500-lb bombs":

Another thing too: he was also identified by his "tatoos". Except that tatoos are forbidden.
[/quote]

You know they clean the bodies up right? Saddam's sons were completely dismembered and they looked almost normal in the after-photos. Apparently "they" spent nearly 8 hours piecing the body back together today (according to multiple sources).

He was identified by his REMOVED tatoos btw.

While I am not defending any side here, this would have to be a well organized cover up in order to fool this many people.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You know they clean the bodies up right? Saddam's sons were completely dismembered and they looked almost normal in the after-photos. Apparently "they" spent nearly 8 hours piecing the body back together today (according to multiple sources).

He was identified by his REMOVED tatoos btw.

While I am not defending any side here, this would have to be a well organized cover up in order to fool this many people.[/QUOTE]

ahhh...

that does make more sense

Glad he is dead but it doesn't mean shit in the long run. Next week there will be a new insurgent mastermind in Iraq that will take us 2 years to kill off, and then another, etc. etc. . Meanwhile Osama, our real enemy, is laughing his ass of at us in a cave somewhere and we don't have enough troops to find him on the Afganistan / Pakistan border. Too bad he's not in Mexico because then we'd really have border security. If we hadn't gone to Iraq nobody would have ever heard of Al-Zarqawi. Bush does not deserve any political boost because of this and I hope he doens't get one.

I think this is all some George Orwell 1984 type shit that's going on. One week we fight Eastasia, the next we fight Eurasia, the next week bla bla bla.

You guys seem to be forgetting, not only was Zarqawi killed, the associates he was meeting with were likely killed too, including his #2 man (According to MSNBC) and his spiritual advisor. That's why I think it's somewhat foolish to believe that this won't affect the insurgency, with a couple top men gone, it will hopefully throw the insurgents into some disarray when trying to decide who will be the replacements, what their new strategy will be, and the methods they will use.

Hmmm... this video is a bit overdue for this topic:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PDIBTS_xDQ[/media]

[quote name='wageslave']I think this is all some George Orwell 1984 type shit that's going on. One week we fight Eastasia, the next we fight Eurasia, the next week bla bla bla.[/quote]

I don't agree with the rest of your post, but I do think that this point has some merit.

America has never been out of a war since WWII.

http://www.studentsfororwell.org/

[quote name='wageslave']Glad he is dead but it doesn't mean shit in the long run. Next week there will be a new insurgent mastermind in Iraq that will take us 2 years to kill off, and then another, etc. etc. . Meanwhile Osama, our real enemy, is laughing his ass of at us in a cave somewhere and we don't have enough troops to find him on the Afganistan / Pakistan border. Too bad he's not in Mexico because then we'd really have border security. If we hadn't gone to Iraq nobody would have ever heard of Al-Zarqawi. Bush does not deserve any political boost because of this and I hope he doens't get one.

I think this is all some George Orwell 1984 type shit that's going on. One week we fight Eastasia, the next we fight Eurasia, the next week bla bla bla.[/quote]

Stange how you mention 1984 but fail to see the Emmanuel Goldstein/Osama Bin Laden similarity. It's always nice to have an easily available face of evil when you need one.

[quote name='camoor']Apparently Zarqawi had uncommon charisma and leadership ability, attributes which are indispensible to any military operation. He had also become somewhat of a legend, therefore the legend has been killed which will hurt terrorist morale.

But yeah, this ain't the end of terrorism, that's for sure.

BTW, if you google for 'Zarchowi' then CAG comes up first. :lol:[/quote] dead legened = Icon : Icon = more people striving to better the Icon's legacy :more people striving to better the Icon's legacy = aaaawwwhhh fuck

[quote name='AYATOLA']dead legened = Icon : Icon = more people striving to better the Icon's legacy :more people striving to better the Icon's legacy = aaaawwwhhh fuck[/QUOTE]
That's only if you look at it from one perspective. On the other hand, Zarqawi had a penchant for making enemies through his targets and methods. Heck, IIRC from past news reports, even Al-Qaeda's top brass didn't approve of his methods, since they felt that they put Al-Qaeda in a bad light in the Middle Eastern Muslim community. They, or one of his enemies, probably would have had him killed or demoted long ago if he didn't have the skills that camoor mentioned.

I'm not surprised by the kook theories demonstrated by the idiots that populate this board.

1. How did they get his fingerprints?

Answer: He was held by Jordan for years in their prison system. They had his fingerprints and shared them with the U.S. military and CIA. I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they are matching his DNA as well.

However his family disavowed him after the Amman wedding bombings and it's also entirely likely that they contributed blood, hair or skin samples for DNA matching purposes.

2. In response to the gay marriage ammendment?

Answer: You guys are too conspiritorial for your own good.

3. Conservatives blasting liberal reactions?

Answer: Liberals have already stuck their feet in their mouths.

"This is just to cover Bush's [rear] so he doesn't have to answer" for Iraqi civilians being killed by the U.S. military and his own sagging poll numbers, said Rep. Pete Stark, California Democrat.
Link

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Whatever, your party is full of anti-American losers. STFU.

o9lau

Still of F-16 strike that killed the political ally of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Howard Dean.

Official Pentagon release of the F-16 bomb site video that killed Zarqawi.

I have to laugh at this thread. You tools sound the same as the losers on DU.com

- The little boy cried wolf Sorry. Don't buy it.

- Don't worry, he's not dead.

In a few months, Shrub will wake up in his bed, go into his bathroom, open the shower door and there al-Zarqawi will be. It will all have been a dream.

- PsssT! This guy is a "PsyOps" creation. Absurd one at that!

- Gawd! Please, no disrespect - but this is only "a tool" that is used by the BushBotBorg to pick-up morale. It sort of equates to 1984 Announcements that our "chocolate rations" will be upped for the next month.

Translation: He's a fictitious character.

- It's almost an "open joke" among the military and civilians who know how PsyOps operate, and the History, that Zarqowi is merely a "Pentagon creation."

And oh, don't we need some good news now? It's so predictable I could write the OP Orders.

It's all bullsh1t LIES paraded around for PR exploitation.

- I find it disturbing that people STILL fall for this crap.

- It's unspeakably cruel to do this to military families who must keep hoping that THIS TIME it means something real for them.

For that alone, I hope Rumsfeld burns in hell or some equivalent for eternity.

Bad, bad day for liberals and Democrats. I feel your pain.

First you get your asses handed to you on election day and now this.

Liberals; the political equivilent of Cubs fans.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']

Bad, bad day for liberals and Democrats. I feel your pain.

Liberals; the political equivilent of Cubs fans.[/QUOTE]

nice try, chachi...
oh wait.. no it wasn't. :lol:

today's news

59% of ALL Americans say "Invading Iraq was a mistake.. WRONG THING TO DO."

59 percent of adults say the United States made a mistake in going to war in Iraq — the highest level yet in AP-Ipsos polling.

Bi-partisan investigation of Bush's illegal NSA wiretapping moves forward.

Leaders of the House intelligence committee said Thursday that they had agreed to open a congressional inquiry related to the Bush administration's domestic surveillance program

Republican Culture Of Corruption Kingpin, Tom DeLay runs out of rope and finally must leave the building he has sullied the reputation of daily for the past few years... lets door hit him in the ass on the way out.

Former Majority Leader Tom DeLay, bowing to legal and ethical troubles, said goodbye to the House on Thursday

Even after killing Zarqawi and getting the last Ministers appointed in the Iraqi government, Civil War still rages across Iraq.

Hours after U.S. and Iraqi officials announced the death of America's most wanted man in Iraq, a string of bombs in Baghdad on Thursday killed at least 31 people and wounded scores, including a roadside bomb that killed 13 in a crowded market.

Estate Tax repeal, defeated... same-sex marriage ban, defeated.... flag-burning amendment, will also be defeated soundly. So just more pandering to the base for the sake of politics with no real interest in actually getting anything done. Nice job!

Last month, a Republican-sponsored bill to limit jury awards in medical malpractice lawsuits failed in the Senate. On Wednesday, a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage — a key priority for social conservatives, who are influential within the GOP — was blocked. Similarly, a constitutional amendment to ban flag burning is expected to be debated — and then shunted aside — later this month.

Most Americans would now much prefer Democratic control over Congress as opposed to Republican control. That one even surprises Democrats. lmao

If the election for Congress were held today, would you want to see the Republicans or Democrats win control of Congress?

_Republicans, 32 percent (34)

_Democrats, 52 percent (51)

Al Gore's movie is a hit, across the board. Despite attempts by political opponents to marginalize him, he wins big by arguing only on the facts and the science.. leaving hate-filled pundits to wipe the spittle from their upper lips while he calmly moves on to the next slide and makes another salient, logical and irrefutbale point. Right-wingers heads explode worldwide. hahahahaha.... how appropriate.

An Inconvenient Truth isn’t a political film, not really, even if the debate about global climate change has come down to “sides” in the same idiotic way that the debate about evolution has, in the same way that the debate about heliocentricity once was. Because you don’t need to like Gore, or trust him, or even believe him to get a swift kick in the pants, one that’ll scare the hell out of you, and Truth isn’t really about Gore at all, except accidentally.

Bad decade for Republicans and Conservatives. But I don't feel your pain at all.

I just point and laugh at your pathetic, ever-more self referential and barely tethered to reality hyperbole.

I find you to be amusing.

:lol:

Conservative Bush backers... the political equivalent of an American at the World Cup - CLUELESS.
hahahaha...

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']
I like honey covered man muffins and running along the beach naked![/quote]

Well, that's good to know.

Oh please. Nobody expected all insurgents to lay down their arms as soon as Al-Zarqawi was killed, so stop acting like that was the plan all along.

It's funny, people may say that going to war was the wrong thing to do, but the poll never asks what percent of Americans think we should just pack up and leave.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']All that work for stuff I won't read and don't care about.[/QUOTE]

Ain't cognitive dissonance a bitch? ;)

PAD you a fat fucking poor excuse for a human being. Seriously, you spend a day hiding out, typing and retyping some tepid uber-response of the same tired crap you've been spouting for years. Bravo, you win..

Speaking of bad days.

How about that gay marriage amendment?
How about that estate tax?
How about Delay's goodbye?
How about barely winning a 7 month congressional term by 5,000 votes when the GOP has a 50,000 vote advantage?
...and we're just getting started.

yes it is too bad PKRipp3r assumed you have an ounce of integerity and intellectual honesty. I am sure he won't make the same mistake twice

Go back to fatfriends.com or whatever hole from whence you came

[quote name='AFStealth']Oh please. Nobody expected all insurgents to lay down their arms as soon as Al-Zarqawi was killed, so stop acting like that was the plan all along.[/QUOTE]

Bush et al are the ones creaming their pants about this, holding it up as some kind of proof that we are turning the corner.

[quote name='evanft']Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if PAD was in great shape. He was in the military, after all.[/QUOTE]

Just like he was (is?) black right?

bread's done
Back