Aladdin on Blu ray (region free) from Amazon.UK $23.48 USD

coasterman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Aladdin was originally supposed to come out on Blu ray in the USA this past February but for some reason they swapped it with Peter Pan. Europe did get it though, I ordered through Amazon.UK and it came to $23.48 USD (with shipping) not a bad deal.

If you are waiting for a USA release it looks like Oct 2014 at the earliest (Oct 2013 is Little Mermaid and Feb. 2014 is The Jungle Book)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aladdin-Blu...id=1365969957&sr=8-1&keywords=aladdin+blu+ray

I had no idea it came out at all till I saw reviews for it pop up, so hope this helps somebody out.

Blu ray review
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9049/aladdin_be.html

Jeff

[quote name='ssjmichael']From where?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing but I can no longer find the review I read a while back. Oh well!

[quote name='Abeja']Hope you steelbook collectors got in your order with Zavvi cause the steel is sold out.[/QUOTE]

i got one ^_^

[quote name='ray2dee']Cant wait till it comes out with the extras............if I'm selling my DVD copies I want the ultimate set[/QUOTE]

Huh? You make it sound like the UK version doesn't have extras. It has most of, if not all of the extras from the DVD, and the US version will likely be identical..

Really tempted but I sort of want a steelcase or some kind of slipcover to go with this. Already have the DVD so that's the only thing stopping me from ordering this.

[quote name='Gden']Specifically, I'm waiting for the Aladdin Ultimate collection that contains all three movies.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? :hot:

If anything, they're likely to put the two DTV features on their own separate release.

[quote name='eastx']Seriously? :hot:

If anything, they're likely to put the two DTV features on their own separate release.[/QUOTE]They did that with Cinderella 2 + 3, though Lion King 1.5 + 2 ended up with separate releases.

They did also do Lion King and Cinderella as a three-pack special-packaging release, so anything's possible with Disney on this one.

Yeah, all of the trilogies were released as a collection with the original, and then later given a separate release. I really hope that the DTV are put as a collection, though.

I pre-ordered this and it came on the 17th (2 days after UK release) - I was shocked.

Excellent picture quality, but I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder. Casuals would find the original release of Patton appealing (which was an awful disc), where enthusiasts would be disgusted.

Played perfectly fine in my Oppo BDP-103, and the disc is marked as Region ABC. It's definitely a barebones release, but if you want something between now and October 2014... then this is your chance!

I think it's going to be Spring 2014, instead of fall, because it was originally going to come out in spring of this year before they pushed it back in favor of peter pan.

The Blu-Ray version of Aladdin has been leaked for quite sometime, a couple of years if I remember correctly. Disney has just been sitting on it for whatever reason. The picture quality is indeed fantastic.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Really tempted but I sort of want a steelcase or some kind of slipcover to go with this. Already have the DVD so that's the only thing stopping me from ordering this.[/QUOTE]

You missed Zavvi's steelbook.. it was limited to 5,000

fwiw, the German version comes out to just under $20 shipped. Amazon shows region B locked but it's region free.

bread's done
Back