Alan Wake 19.96 at Amazon (Walmart price-match)

jebnaut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It appears as though Amazon has heard our cries, shouted on high from this thread.

I'm giving this deal its own thread because, let's face it, a lot of you dudes have Amazon credit. You may not have learned of this deal otherwise, what with the "Walmart.com" part in the original thread. I know that would be enough to scare me away. Site-to-store shipping! Tax! Man, forget that! you thought to yourself. I feel you, brother.

Here's the Alan Wake page on Amazon (look how helpful I am!): http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbo..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292185969&sr=1-1

For those of you who passed on the LE because, come on, that shit is going to take up so much space on a bookshelf, now's your chance!

Amazon also price matched walmart for :ps3: MAG at 19.96 they need to price match gamestop though who have it for 14.99 on their site

I finally bit the bullet and picked it up.

Although I have a good amount of games to play, this is one that has been on the top of my list for a while.

Props to Amazon for the price match. Looking forward to playing it.

[quote name='DANIEL']is this game really that good? I heard somewhere that it is slow and boring.[/QUOTE]
Is it really hard to watch a few gameplay videos on Youtube or gametrailers & decide for yourself on what's "slow & boring"? =\

[quote name='Doomed']Wait for a GOTY or other rerelease with all DLC included.[/QUOTE]
It sold very poorly & they're only 2 DLC chapters because of it, 1 of which is included with LEs anyway.

Have fun waiting.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I doubt you will see the ce lower than the thanksgiving week price of 30.[/QUOTE]
I was holding on to hope that amazon would have another sale of the CE like with Star Ocean.

I thought the game was paced pretty well. There is a lot of tension initially as you don't have much firepower and the people attacking you are as much shadows as they are physical and they can come out of any dark area around you.

The problems, at least for me, started showing up about midway through chapter 3 when there just wasn't anything new really attacking me and I was getting too powerful. Once you have your technique down, it gets much easier. The story is decent, not mind shattering, but interesting.

It's worth at least 1 playthrough, but I have never purchased it again just because I can't see it holding my attention again.

Game is much more of a rental than a must buy. Gameplay gets very repetitive. The atmosphere for the game is done extremely well and the presentation is fantastic as well, but the gameplay is lacking.

I can see where people think the game is repetitive but I disagree with them. The combat mechanic was unique and gratifying, in my opinion, and I think the game held it's own from start to finish with it.

My only problem was the lousy ending. The DLC acts as a bandage to stem the bleeding from that crappy denouement but still, they took the story in a ridiculous direction there.

who said there were several left in stock? Added 100 to the cart and still goes through

Also if your a real cheapass you can get this used for 13.xx shipped expedit from gohastings.com

[quote name='CaoPi']how well did this game sell? Only 7 months out and 19.99 already?[/QUOTE]

That's the norm these days with jsut about anything not Call of Duty and the likes. That's why unless it's a must have game to you, don't buy it until few months down the line.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']That's the norm these days with jsut about anything not Call of Duty and the likes. That's why unless it's a must have game to you, don't buy it until few months down the line.[/QUOTE]

Cod....and blizzard games....

I'm waiting to find a cheap game to go with this so I can get free shipping. I'm happy they finally price matched! I feel like I finally contributed to this site lol

[quote name='CaoPi']
Also if your a real cheapass you can get this used for 13.xx shipped expedit from gohastings.com[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the new version of the game comes with a code for 1 of the 2 DLC downloads though.

Having played and enjoyed the whole game though, I would actually rate the DLC as pretty "meh." It actually made me like the game a bit less.

Very tempting. I have so many other games to play though, that I don't know if I should buy it. If it's engaging enough I'll probably move it to the top of my play list, but I still have Halo Reach and Red Dead Redemption to play through.

bread's done
Back