Alan Wake $19.96 at Walmart.com

jebnaut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Alan Wake is sure to see a price drop soon enough, but I noticed that walmart.com has it for $19.96 with free site-to-store shipping. If shipping to your house, the total with tax ends up being $23.13 (at least in Maryland).

Not a spectacular deal, but I post this because I'm hoping Amazon matches it. And, uh, for all those people who want the game, I guess.

Does anyone know how effective Amazon's "tell us about a lower price" is? I've already submitted it, but maybe with some more help, they'll take notice.

Hell, I've got credit to burn.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Alan-Wake...0000003142040&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13313722

(And for those who wish to let our favorite online retailer know, here's a handy link to Alan Wake: http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbox-360/dp/B0010AYJXI)

UPDATE: Amazon has price-matched it! Our efforts have not gone unnoticed. Use the link above. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find.

What are the chances Alan Wake being on sale anywhere else during Christmas? Though I doubt it will be lower than this.

The chances of Amazon PM'ing it if it lasts longer than a few hours are pretty good. If they do match it, the price there'll be lower due to Amazon's tax advantage in most states.

[quote name='jebnaut']
Does anyone know how effective Amazon's "tell us about a lower price" is? [/QUOTE]

I hear lots of reports here and other places that Amazon usually will price match quickly.

I picked this up for 19.99 + free shipping at buy.com a couple weeks ago after being on the fence for months. Now, after finishing it and both DLCs, it was worth far more. I suggest picking it up. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played...but its a story driven game, and its a lot of the same gameplay throughout.

[quote name='SpikeCS']I hear lots of reports here and other places that Amazon usually will price match quickly.

I picked this up for 19.99 + free shipping at buy.com a couple weeks ago after being on the fence for months. Now, after finishing it and both DLCs, it was worth far more. I suggest picking it up. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played...but its a story driven game, and its a lot of the same gameplay throughout.[/QUOTE]
I loved the story and the atmosphere but hated the repetitive combat.

You might find some people on ebay selling the code for the entire game download on ebay for $11-15 shipped...they are selling them off from the current holiday bundle for the 250gb 360s. Although I believe going this route doesn't get you the one free DLC pack that comes packed in with the retail version.

[quote name='K_G']You might find some people on ebay selling the code for the entire game download on ebay for $11-15 shipped...they are selling them off from the current holiday bundle for the 250gb 360s. Although I believe going this route doesn't get you the one free DLC pack that comes packed in with the retail version.[/QUOTE]

Man, don't tell people that!

:cool: This is my night to shine. :cool:

[quote name='Organ Donor']As I said in the GameFly thread, this is a must have game for 360 owners.[/QUOTE]You said it. Alan Wake has a cool story and awesome gameplay elements, I can't wait for the sequel.

Saw the gamefly, but I have a thing about buying used. Going to keep an eye on this. Submitted to Amazon as well, so hopefully they price match as I prefer shopping through them, but if not, I will bite on this one.

Thank you very much.

[quote name='eliguanodon']I've gotten like 6 friends to submit this price match. Amazon is slacking on us.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know you could do that. I submitted it too.;)

Amazon still hasn't matched it! I . . . I feel sort of upset about this.

Okay, not really, but come on, Amazon.

Come on.

[quote name='CrippledChrist']Just looked on xbox.com and it has "the signal" as FREE. I assume thats the dlc that comes with the token if you buy the game?[/QUOTE]
Yes, thats right

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, thats right[/QUOTE]
I guess I'll grab a voucher on ebay since I've seen some for around $5. I wouldn't mind having it so I could give it a second play-through.

[quote name='CrippledChrist']Just looked on xbox.com and it has "the signal" as FREE. I assume thats the dlc that comes with the token if you buy the game?[/QUOTE]

That's a trailer or something for it. The Signal is 560 MSP.

Does anyone see this game being cheaper than this in the next year or so? I am very tempted to bite on this but S&H walmart.com

"Order Alan Wake today and get your Bright Falls Bonus pack, which includes codes to download an exclusive "I am Awake" Avatar T-shirt and an Alan Wake Xbox LIVE Bright Falls Theme."

I don't think 'the token' is the Signal DLC.

[quote name='hwmusic']Does anyone see this game being cheaper than this in the next year or so? I am very tempted to bite on this but S&H walmart.com[/QUOTE]

Maybe next year it will be cheaper but I seriously doubt it will drop lower than $19.99 before the next six months, it has already seen a huge drop as it is. I would imagine maybe $14.99 or so on clearance but even that is iffy.

The "Token" is to use to download the first dlc for Alan Wake "The Signal", and the video and or preview is free on Xbox.com not the actual dlc itself. I have it because I did use my token and I still can check the price as 560 Microsoft points, so it is indeed not free at all unless you have a token or use 560 points.

The game for $20 is a good deal - but if you can find the collectors edition cheap I'd def recommend going that route. I picked it up for $30 a few weeks back from one of amazon's sales - it's one of the better collector's editions I have seen. Soundtrack CD, Book of 150 pages or so with a lot of really nice background information on characters and the game, 2 premium themes and avatar gear ... well worth it.

Thanks OP. I bought it shipped to store with token. Figured for an extra 3 cents. I'm gonna sell it on ebay. I bought the Signal when it was on sale around Black Friday since I knew I was gonna get Alan Wake at some point so hopefully I can get my points/money back on that.

[quote name='eliguanodon']Gotta agree, they damn well know about this, that price matching feature is utter bullshit.[/QUOTE]

they didn't price match newegg.com's resistance for 15.99 either.

buy it, eat the tax, and next time you want that candy bar or energy drink while waiting in the check-out line of a store pass and you'll once more be ahead in life with all chi balance restored.

I've been waiting all day, but it doesn't look like Amazon is going to match this. I can wait -- but not too much longer. I really want to play this!

15 dollars? I'm going to wait till its a dollar! wait maybe if it goes down to 50 cents... oh wait what if it goes to 25 cents..

[quote name='solidsmooky']15 dollars? I'm going to wait till its a dollar! wait maybe if it goes down to 50 cents... oh wait what if it goes to 25 cents..[/QUOTE]

I know right, I like saving as much as anybody but I see a lot of people on this site who are just...REALLY cheap ass gamers, like have fun waiting a year for that 4 bucks.

I'm tempted to sell my unopened LE and get this. Curse you CAGs who "made" me order that with your "best LE ever" banter....

Amazon's trade-in is a laughable $12 for the LE - $2 LESS than the game only. Really?

bread's done
Back