Alan Wake $19.96 at Walmart.com

jebnaut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Alan Wake is sure to see a price drop soon enough, but I noticed that walmart.com has it for $19.96 with free site-to-store shipping. If shipping to your house, the total with tax ends up being $23.13 (at least in Maryland).

Not a spectacular deal, but I post this because I'm hoping Amazon matches it. And, uh, for all those people who want the game, I guess.

Does anyone know how effective Amazon's "tell us about a lower price" is? I've already submitted it, but maybe with some more help, they'll take notice.

Hell, I've got credit to burn.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Alan-Wake...0000003142040&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13313722

(And for those who wish to let our favorite online retailer know, here's a handy link to Alan Wake: http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbox-360/dp/B0010AYJXI)

UPDATE: Amazon has price-matched it! Our efforts have not gone unnoticed. Use the link above. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have the game but I submitted the price form on Amazon to help out. Even if they don't end up PM'ing I'd fully recommend everyone buy it at this price. Such a good game.

[quote name='eliguanodon']I know right, I like saving as much as anybody but I see a lot of people on this site who are just...REALLY cheap ass gamers, like have fun waiting a year for that 4 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Waiting is worth it, just don't buy anything more than 20 dollars except in special situations like collectors editions. I got Mass Effect 2 for 10 bucks less than a year after it came out and it came with 1600 MS points for just 10 dollars more!

[quote name='thexfactor9']Just went on Ebay and got a download coupon for the game off of the Marketplace for $10. Best deal ever![/QUOTE]

Just saw that Buy-It-Now listing. Might jump on it.

[quote name='qwerty1']buy it, eat the tax, and next time you want that candy bar or energy drink while waiting in the check-out line of a store pass and you'll once more be ahead in life with all chi balance restored.[/quote]

lmao

I've submitted Walmart's price to Amazon a few times now. I'm keeping this flame burning, bros. I'm keeping hope alive.

That and, quite honestly, I have nothing else to do this weekend but dream.

[quote name='gantt']I'm tempted to sell my unopened LE and get this. Curse you CAGs who "made" me order that with your "best LE ever" banter....

Amazon's trade-in is a laughable $12 for the LE - $2 LESS than the game only. Really?[/QUOTE]

It's obvious; shelf space. Same reason they are trying to ship those AW LEs out the door at $40 then $30. They don't want to be sitting on them any more.

It IS a kickass LE but the game didn't sell too well, or they overproduced.

[quote name='RollingSkull']It's obvious; shelf space.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the LE is bigger, but the volumes are a lot lower. Shelf space. Amazon. LOL. These people still sell DJ Hero PS2 for $70.

Got one of those codes for $10 off ebay. I can live without the disc. I do happen to have the DLC code from a used copy of Alan Wake I ordered as a re-trade a while back, which I already attached to my account in preparation for the day when the Alan Wake deal would hit.

I ignored those lame LE deals and waited for the day of the $10. It finally came when I checked ebay and all those wonderful little Alan Wake downloadable cards were flooding the market. For $10, I can tolerate not reselling it.

bread's done
Back