Alan Wake (360) $49.99 + $10 Gaming Credit at Amazon

Cyrian

CAGiversary!
Looks like they matched Walmart. It's one of those things where you have to add it to the cart to see the price. And it still has the $10 gaming credit.
Alan Wake

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitnosi']Yeah hoping I can get them to refund the extra $10 they charged me earlier today.[/QUOTE]

They will considering the game just released today. They changed ODST's price at like 6:00pm on its release day and they credited back my money.

On the phone with them now about this. The game was sent like 12-16 hours ago and I don't even have it in my hands, so they better refund me the $10 and still give me the $10 promotion certificate as well. Considering this was ordered with ECA 30% off at $42, take away the addition $20 and that makes this game $22, not bad at all.

[quote name='ironman206']Hoping I see my $20 red dead credit before this goes away.[/QUOTE]

Same, only reason I chose RDR over Alan Wake was the $20 credit.

Would be a total win if the $20 credit came and could be applied to this.

[quote name='ironman206']Hoping I see my $20 red dead credit before this goes away.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone tell me when to expect the $20 credit from red dead redemption? That's the first time I preordered a game with bonus credit. Also, do i get an email with a code, or is it added to my account automatically?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Can anyone tell me when to expect the $20 credit from red dead redemption? That's the first time I preordered a game with bonus credit. Also, do i get an email with a code, or is it added to my account automatically?[/QUOTE]

You SHOULD get it in about another day or so, the page says you get it 2 business days after the game ships, so assuming your game shipped on Monday you should have it by Tuesday.

The credit just goes into your account, but you won't see it till you go to the payment option page. If you don't see it there by I would say Thursday (again if your game shipped on Monday) then give amazon a call.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Can anyone tell me when to expect the $20 credit from red dead redemption? That's the first time I preordered a game with bonus credit. Also, do i get an email with a code, or is it added to my account automatically?[/QUOTE]
It is suppose to arrive within 2 business days by email. If you don't get it by than you might want to email them.

Somtimes it takes a little longer. For instance I had to email them about Demon Souls I ordered and they gave me an account credit. The pre-order credit turned up later, lucky me :D

I saw this earlier and had emailed them about the $10 difference. They replied and said they don't have a post order guarantee.

I was thinking well ok that blows I guess I'm out of luck...but they went on to say:

"I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $10.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy."

So most likely people will be able to get the price adjustment but it could be YMMV since they don't actually have a post order guarantee. I had thought they did for 24 hours? Maybe not. Oh well good luck to everyone else.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Considering this was ordered with ECA 30% off at $42, take away the addition $20 and that makes this game $22, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

wow this is a great deal.

I really want the limited edition though >_<

olh well, might have to cancel the limited at BB and grab this one.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I saw this earlier and had emailed them about the $10 difference. They replied and said they don't have a post order guarantee.

I was thinking well ok that blows I guess I'm out of luck...but they went on to say:

"I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $10.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy."

So most likely people will be able to get the price adjustment but it could be YMMV since they don't actually have a post order guarantee. I had thought they did for 24 hours? Maybe not. Oh well good luck to everyone else.[/QUOTE]
Their preorder guarantee states:
Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

The way I read it, any price drop between now and Tuesday at midnight should be refunded.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I saw this earlier and had emailed them about the $10 difference. They replied and said they don't have a post order guarantee.

So most likely people will be able to get the price adjustment but it could be YMMV since they don't actually have a post order guarantee. I had thought they did for 24 hours? Maybe not. Oh well good luck to everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Their pre-order price guarantee states that:

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you didn't use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us button on the right side of any Help page.

So some of your might end up with an extra $10

[quote name='chakan']Their preorder guarantee states:
Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

The way I read it, any price drop between now and Tuesday at midnight should be refunded.[/QUOTE]

hmm yeah that's what I had thought their normal price adjustment policy was. Probably just a clueless CSR but either way I got it adjusted so now ended up with the game for $30 + the credit so I can't complain.

So yeah if that's right everyone who ordered should get the adjustment.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']On the phone with them now about this. The game was sent like 12-16 hours ago and I don't even have it in my hands, so they better refund me the $10 and still give me the $10 promotion certificate as well. Considering this was ordered with ECA 30% off at $42, take away the addition $20 and that makes this game $22, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]
You're breaking the first two rules of the fight club....

You already got replies to your inquiry about the refund of the $10? Damn they haven't replied to mine :(

Hello,

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

I see that your order entered shipping process, therefore, you'll automatically receive refund by May 20. If you don't receive refund by May 20, please let us know again using the below link:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

took like 2 minutes for a response. guess I will wait 48 hours

They denied me saying that the price they offered me ($59.99) was the lowest price they were able to offer at the time. I guess I'll try again in a couple days.

At essentially $39.99, I had to bite on this. I was going to wait until it showed up on GS used, but even then it would only be $37.79 (-$10 used online, -cag16, -edge). And this way I get it new for $1.20 more and I dont have to wait for it, or fear getting it case-less/manual-less. :)

Thanks. Im also getting something saying that I will also get a $5 music credit along with the $10 video game credit. I was going to just wait and buy it when the price drops in a month but why wait?

Well I emailed Amazon to try and get my $10 back. Would be sweet too, as I ordered Alan Wake during the $10 off with Discover promo over Black Friday.

[quote name='cyphen']Their pre-order price guarantee states that:

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you didn't use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us button on the right side of any Help page.

So some of your might end up with an extra $10[/QUOTE]
You will end up with an extra $10 lol. When I called about my $1 (I know) for Super Street Fighter 4 the rep gave me the refund, then later that day the automatic refund came in. Amazon does the refund automatically now if it fits in the category above.

Btw: fuck you Amazon! O_O I already bought Red Dead ReHemHur and now you made me get Alan Wake because of your awesome price. Stop taking my money jerks, I have no control....... -_-

decided I'm not going to wait for my RDR $20 and ordered this. That will mean I'll have $30 to probably go towards singularity (which I believe still has a $20 bonus).

My bank account hurts..

As usual, no Amazon love for the PS3 version!

(Rimshot, Will Lee bass slide, dischordant keyboard fill)

(Thanks, "Opie". Purchased. And thanks, CheapoDee, or whoever that guy I follow on Tweeter is, for raving about it. More like "Alan WANK", hunh, Cheapo?? HUNH?? OH!!)

I finished episode 4 today. REALLY enjoying the game so far. I know there is likely no replay value, but at least there is some free DLC coming (if you buy new).

If this game had Resident Evil in the title, it would have about a 10 point boost on Metacritic.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Well I emailed Amazon to try and get my $10 back. Would be sweet too, as I ordered Alan Wake during the $10 off with Discover promo over Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Ditto and they already e-mailed me back saying they will refund the $10 so it looks like with the refund, the Discover promo & the $10 credit, I'm getting Alan Wake for $30 new. fucking love Amazon...

Really didn't want to buy this new...got such a backlog...but hard to pass up a good deal like this.

Does anyone know if the $10 off coupons stack? Think I've got about $30 worth in the next couple of weeks.

I said I would order it in the Wal-Mart Alan Wake thread. I just placed my order and had $22.xx in gift cards so my total was $27.47 + the $10 bonus credit. I have a huge backlog but everybody is raving about this game! It's published my MS so it may take awhile to drop.

wow, Cheapy, thanks for weighing in, that is awesome!

Out of the 3 big hitters this week, RDR, Split/Second, and Alan Wake, this was the one I chose. Yeah, the book styled CE won me over, and the fact that I spent many a night w/ Max Payne, so this seemed obvious to check out. I watched a ton of video footage yesterday and cannot wait to get it! However, I came here to ask, my delivery was set at 2 days (w/ Prime) shipped out 5/17, but estimate delivery of 5/21, should I call and see whats up? Wonder if thats just a non-updated placeholder for me, really hope I can get this tomorrow!

[quote name='token2k6']wow, Cheapy, thanks for weighing in, that is awesome!

Out of the 3 big hitters this week, RDR, Split/Second, and Alan Wake, this was the one I chose. Yeah, the book styled CE won me over, and the fact that I spent many a night w/ Max Payne, so this seemed obvious to check out. I watched a ton of video footage yesterday and cannot wait to get it! However, I came here to ask, my delivery was set at 2 days (w/ Prime) shipped out 5/17, but estimate delivery of 5/21, should I call and see whats up? Wonder if thats just a non-updated placeholder for me, really hope I can get this tomorrow![/QUOTE]

yeah sometimes Amazon will give me a delivery date like for example says the 21st but I will get it on the 19th or 20th and Im torn between getting the regular or Collectors Edition I just can't decide

DLG, I say go for it! with the lack of cool CE's coming down the road (Halo Reach? nahh) I think this will be well worth it. After all, if its a great game, its worth spending the proper amount of money on. Like ME2 CE, I don't regret for a day buying that at full price. Just finding the last copy on the shelf was all it took.

I can't remember all the items inside this CE, I'd say the Avatar is are the only things not worth it, free theme should be cool, but for the package styling alone, should be fun to look at..and who knows, could end up being rare!

bread's done
Back