Alan Wake (360) $49.99 + $10 Gaming Credit at Amazon

Cyrian

CAGiversary!
Looks like they matched Walmart. It's one of those things where you have to add it to the cart to see the price. And it still has the $10 gaming credit.
Alan Wake

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='exzokill']Does anyone know if the credit is restricted to only hardware, or can it be used to buy say a 360 controller or something?[/QUOTE]

i think you meant software/games.

i've used it on controllers before, i think it works for all gaming related merchandise.

[quote name='pureheat101']i think you meant software/games.

i've used it on controllers before, i think it works for all gaming related merchandise.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Thinking about putting a dent in the price of a tournament stick with the credit.

[quote name='Xealot42']Dang they charged me $59.99. I guess I'll wait a few days before emailing them to see if the refund shows up automatically.[/QUOTE]

I emailed a couple of times (slow morning) -- first customer response was a standard auto line, the second actually refunded the $10.

anyone know how long this is going for? i'm still waiting for my $20 coupon from amazon for red dead redemption. would be sweet if it works out. It would cost me $30 and i'll get another coupon

Hmm, I haven't gotten my Bright Falls Bonus Pack for preordering yet, either in the form of an emailed code or any kind of card in the box from Amazon. I emailed them, though, including both a link to the page and a cut and paste of the page, so we'll see what happens.

Interestingly, the bonus disc for the LE has the bright falls theme as well as another theme. This is definitely one of the nicer packaged LE's I've seen.

LE has a really nice, solid feel to it ... just FYI for anyone wondering. Book looks pretty nice too from pics I've seen, though I'm not opening mine until I know 1. it's not valuable or 2. I know it's not going to tank in price.

well that's great, so they shipped it out yesterday and the price dropped...this morning, CSR says "no we won't give you the difference, re-order at lower price and refuse delivery"..so i do that.

after reading this thread, i give them a call, and they say they'll give me $10 back but when I ask them to cancel my new order, they say that the $10 promotional credit that got applied (because of ordering it the first time) will disappear. What a hassle. Now I have to let this first order show up, refuse delivery and wait for the 2nd one to come in...and i don't know what's going to happen with the way the promo credit was applied.

I am pretty sure that the $20 credit with preordering RDR is a $20 gift card that will be shipped out and can take up to 10 business days. It's not like there regular game credits.

i called csr this morning and they said no for the $10 difference..they told me to refuse shipment and re-order. So I did that.

Now reading this thread, I call them again and they can give me back $10, but i already re-ordered and the $10 promo credit from the first order was applied to my re-order. So I guess..two questions:

a) When I refuse shipment, am I going to have any issues because the promo credit was already used?

b) If I just get the $10 refund and cancel the new order, will the $10 promo credit go back on my account? the amazon csr said no for the credit going back on the account, but i think you guys know more about the way amazon works than some of the csr's, so i figured i'd ask.

If you are talking about a $10 promo credit from a previous game then no you won't get the credit back. You will have to call up amazon and bitch about it and they will usually give in and re issue a $10 credit to your account, saying they aren't supposed to do that.

[quote name='JDMxB']Where is my credit Amazon aaahhhhhh LOL[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I don't ever recall it taking this long with amazon.

[quote name='etcrane']LE has a really nice, solid feel to it ... just FYI for anyone wondering. Book looks pretty nice too from pics I've seen, though I'm not opening mine until I know 1. it's not valuable or 2. I know it's not going to tank in price.[/QUOTE]

I already opened mine and the book is really cool, I'm glad I purchased the CE. I only had to pay $64.98 because of a pricematch from Ultimate Electronics to BB, plus I had $25 of reward zone coupons laying around about to expire and a ton of gift cards at BB from trading games. lol

[quote name='Mikocouch']If you are talking about a $10 promo credit from a previous game then no you won't get the credit back. You will have to call up amazon and bitch about it and they will usually give in and re issue a $10 credit to your account, saying they aren't supposed to do that.[/QUOTE]

Well the $10 credit is coming from the Alan WAke order that I am going to refuse shipment on. They applied the credit from the "refused shipment" to the new order, so am I going to run into problems getting my money back? I'm not trying to make money here. I just want to make sure that I am getting the 49.99 price with $10 promo credit.

Hmm, it's too bad people are having trouble getting a price adjustment on Alan Wake to 49.99. It even says right there written in Amazon's preorder guarantee:

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price

Today is the release day of Alan Wake.

[quote name='Mikocouch']I am pretty sure that the $20 credit with preordering RDR is a $20 gift card that will be shipped out and can take up to 10 business days. It's not like there regular game credits.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but you are wrong. Its the same credit as always.

[quote name='Amazon']
Get a $20 Video Games Credit
Order Red Dead Redemption and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit of both one per household and one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
[/Quote]

I haven't yet received an e-mail refunding my $10. I'll give it a few days before I send an email. Amazon did refund me a $1 when SS4 dropped on release date.

[quote name='skubish']Sorry but you are wrong. Its the same credit as always.[/QUOTE]

It was a $20 gift card, not credit, up until today when they changed the wording in the promotion.

My apologies. I could of sworn it always said gift credit. I still don't think they will mail an actual card. Amazon will probably just email the code.

[quote name='dino88']It was a $20 gift card, not credit, up until today when they changed the wording in the promotion.[/QUOTE]

Don't care which it is because I'll use it toward Alan Wake or Modnation Racers, depending on when Amazon gives it to me. Got my $10 gaming credit for Split/Second already. If it really is a gaming credit, it sure is taking its sweet time.

Wish they'd get up off their hands and start with the typing.

[quote name='skubish']My apologies. I could of sworn it always said gift credit. I still don't think they will mail an actual card. Amazon will probably just email the code.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I brought up that it was a gift card and it would be shipped is because it said " Gift card will be shipped after game is shipped and you will receive it up to 10 business days".

How long does the $10 Amazon credit stay valid? I had $10 for buying Mass Effect 2 from them, but the cheap farging bastages made it good for only about a month, meaning it expired long ago because I didn't rush to buy something else.

[quote name='DirkBelig']How long does the $10 Amazon credit stay valid? I had $10 for buying Mass Effect 2 from them, but the cheap farging bastages made it good for only about a month, meaning it expired long ago because I didn't rush to buy something else.[/QUOTE]

Strange, I have a $10-off video game credit from my Amazon FF XIII pre-order (of course, game shipped early March) which I have just only used today on SSFIV, and it applied the $10 off. I'm pretty sure when the FFXIII coupon came in my email, it said valid till end June 2010 or words to that effect.

The email I got for the Alan Wake one is good until 6/30. The dates on these have varied. Most of them are only a month or two, but I remember thinking that the FF13 one was good for way longer than the others.

And just to note, you have to use it in an order by then. It's fine if it's a pre-order and won't ship until December. As long as you make the order before it expires.

[quote name='spree4567']
And just to note, you have to use it in an order by then. It's fine if it's a pre-order and won't ship until December. As long as you make the order before it expires.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I got my e-giftcard from Walmart.com today as well. Probably going to use it on Galaxy 2, but still useful info if I change my mind.

I had a credit from buying Guitar Hero 5 that I used on a wired X360 pad for my PC and that worked almost three months after the initial purchase. I remember when I got the credit email for ME2 thinking that it was rather stingy, but I wasn't sure that it had evaporated until last week when I tested if it would work by putting a game in my cart and noticing it didn't take the discount off.

Looked up the email and it said:

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Mass Effect 2 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 02/28/10. You will receive your award when your product ships. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied in your cart during checkout. Please note, the discount will not be visible until a Video Game product is added to your cart and you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid for one Mass Effect 2 purchase per customer.
The promotion code must be used by February 28, 2010.

The problem is that there's no way of telling how long any future discounts may last, so it's not worth the risk.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Is there a way to tell when a promotion credit expires?[/QUOTE]
It should list expiration date in the email that states you received credit

I wrote 'em a huge story explaining what was going on (via the "query was not resolved" feedback) and quoted the pre-order price guarantee and they took care of it.

The email rep confirmed the order was within the pre-order price guarantee. It's unfortunate that it had to come to this. Amazon should've just kept a 7 day price match guarantee post-shipment. Now it's to the point where their own reps over the phone don't know the policy. Their customer service is so hit/miss now. It's still better than 99% of the other places that I shop at, so they will continue to get my business.

I'm just going to stop pre-ordering games from now on and wait until release date..seems like that's the best shot at getting the best price

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']Hmm, it's too bad people are having trouble getting a price adjustment on Alan Wake to 49.99. It even says right there written in Amazon's preorder guarantee:

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price

Today is the release day of Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I mentioned in my 2nd email to Amazon. The $10 was credited immediately when I got a response back.

The first email I sent came back with a generic "it takes 48 hours for a refund to be applied if a price drops on release day" or something along those lines. I had more luck, obviously, with the 2nd email, so I'd say it probably doesn't hurt to try emailing again even if you get shot down the first time.

Want to get the Limited Edition, how do you find out how many is left in their stock? I remember someone listed out numbers before.

[quote name='gsr']I'm just going to stop pre-ordering games from now on and wait until release date..seems like that's the best shot at getting the best price[/QUOTE]

I think typically you get the best price by pre-ordering. Amazon will often initially offer a game for $54.99 or $56.99 then later add a $10/20 gift card or video game credit at which point they bring the price of the game back up to $59.99. If you pre-order early enough, you can get the lower price and the gift card since they always apply to all existing pre-orders. This happened with RDR recently.

I can't think of a ton of cases where they lowered the price release day like they did with Alan Wake. ODST comes to mind. In both cases, I had no problem getting Amazon to honor their price guarantee. I think when you email them it is important to quote the relevant section of their policy.

Finally received my credit for RDR, but for some reason now I'm reluctant to order this.. I really need to stop making release day purchases. :S

Finished the game today. I really enjoyed it a lot and am looking forward to the free DLC that is coming in July. I was telling my wife about the story and she made me go and replay some cut-scenes for her. Good stuff!

bread's done
Back