Alan Wake download code $5.95 free shipping at Amazon (3rd party)

That's only $1.69, or free, if you've ever used Bing to redeem for Amazon gift cards. Good enough for me. Thanks, OP!

Enlighten me[quote name='Blade']That's only $1.69, or free, if you've ever used Bing to redeem for Amazon gift cards. Good enough for me. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Excellent find, VISCO. Been waiting to pick this up since the last time the download version went on sale. Good thing I picked up the DLCs when they went on sale last month. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get around to playing it till after this Fall barrage of games.

Don't resist. Easily my favorite game in the last few years. I've purchased this game 3 times retail through various deals just to support the developer. We need a sequel, I have not played through a game as quickly as I did this one. The writing & quality just makes you want to keep going.

[quote name='sdcranford']Don't resist. Easily my favorite game in the last few years. I've purchased this game 3 times retail through various deals just to support the developer. We need a sequel, I have not played through a game as quickly as I did this one. The writing & quality just makes you want to keep going.[/QUOTE]

Ya i played through this whole game in 2 days on a rental, and I'd really like to own it, and the only game i own that i haven't beaten is Oblivion and Im playing that now... But i just Can't! Arghh

Get this game. At this price, buy one for a friend. Excellent story and solid gameplay. Definitely a title that needs to be played.

Had amazon credit so this didn't even cost. Couldn't pass this up. I'll trade in my physical copy on goozex or something

[quote name='myl0r']Had amazon credit so this didn't even cost. Couldn't pass this up. I'll trade in my physical copy on goozex or something[/QUOTE]

...you can use Amazon Credit for third party sellers?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cysquatch']...you can use Amazon Credit you third party sellers?[/QUOTE]

I did a few weeks back when I bought Red Faction Armageddon. Went through fine.

[quote name='shadowkast']Enlighten me[/QUOTE]

You can sign up for Bing Rewards (http://www.bing.com/rewards) to earn points, and once you hit 541, you can redeem for a $5 Amazon gift card. They used to give 250 points as soon as you signed up, which meant you could usually get the free $5 in 1-2 weeks. Now, they've lowered it to only 20. You can still use it in any browser, but it takes longer. I have around $40 after purchasing this.

[quote name='Cysquatch']...you can use Amazon Credit you third party sellers?[/QUOTE]

Of course. The only difference between the gift card and credit is that the credit expires.

[quote name='Blade']Of course. The only difference between the gift card and credit is that the credit expires.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kingsnuff']I did a few weeks back when I bought Red Faction Armageddon. Went through fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, one more question. Is the code sent instantly?

[quote name='Cysquatch']Thanks guys, one more question. Is the code sent instantly?[/QUOTE]

would love to know this.

If its instantly, ill buy it right now.

[quote name='pakisunny360']would love to know this.

If its instantly, ill buy it right now.[/QUOTE]

Code isn't send physically. Mine is set to arrive between Oct 6 and Oct 12 with the free shipping.

Down to just $5.95 from Direct Distibutor, grabbed one without hesitation, even if it is actual delivery. I tried the quantity test and it didn't give me any problems, even with 999 added to cart, so there may be an incredible amount

[quote name='RealDeals']Down to just $5.95 from Direct Distibutor, grabbed one without hesitation, even if it is actual delivery. I tried the quantity test and it didn't give me any problems, even with 999 added to cart, so there may be an incredible amount[/QUOTE]

How does someone get that many Alan Wake codes?

[quote name='Cysquatch']How does someone get that many Alan Wake codes?[/QUOTE]

they probably got them from the bundle.

Bought it, beat this game twice: on normal and Hard...and I almost never replay games a second time all the way through. I actually plan to hit the nightmare difficulty when I get through some of my backlog. I keep missing great deals on the CE, but I'd love to pick that up as well. Rarely has a game hooked me like Alan Wake has.

Thanks, TC.

I'll just give my physical copy to my little brother.

Any other deals like this?

I would be all for digital download, if prices on XBL/PSN were competitive with likes of Amazon, and other retailers. Instead, in some cases, not only is it the same price, but it is actually more expensive, by as much as 10 or 20 dollars. Case in point: Halo Reach $35 Amazon vs. Halo Reach $60 XBL.

Really, you guys liked this game? I couldn't stand it personally, and I got it for free. To each his own I suppose. With only 3 enemy types in the game I got super bored with it.

Are there any benefits over this downloadable version vs the disc based version such as improved load times? I still have the old 20gb hard drive, so I would probably put this game on a flash drive to run it and then delete and redownload from Xbox Live when I wanted to play it again. I also really prefer having the disc and case as part of my collection, but I can't find it under $13 online so I'm tempted at this price.

[quote name='ilnadmy']Really, you guys liked this game? I couldn't stand it personally, and I got it for free. To each his own I suppose. With only 3 enemy types in the game I got super bored with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know right, people having different opinions about a game you don't like, what the fucks up with that shit right? You hate it, they should too!

Excellent game and excellent price. People would be crazy to pass this up. This was my favorite game of 2010 as I'm sure it was a lot of folks'.

I'm tempted to bite on this since I keep trying to find a new version of this game for less than $15. Does the digital download come with the free DLC like the disc version does?

Thanks OP. I've been waiting for this to get 5ish for a while. I figure that if I like it I can pick up the dlc on sale this Christmas

bread's done
Back