Alan Wake Limited Edition at Walmart.com $19.99

Alan Wake is a great game and well worth the price! I mean, it's no Deadly Premonition ;) but then again, few games are that incredibly good... it's still a terrific gaming experience!

Alan Wake is such an awesome game, I can't wait for a sequel. But I just can't quite justify the double dip at $30. Great find though.

Are you kidding me!!!!! I googled this game yesterday, and was gonna post but I was like nope. How could someone else see this deal and post it

This is perfect, I had the DL voucher from my Holiday 2010 bundle but I knew I would eventually grab the disc release so I left it unredeemed. Now, not only do I get the game on disc with the DLC, but I get all the LE contents as well. Thanks OP, great birthday present to myself.

My order was shipped. I should have it next Wednesday. I paid $1.79 for shipping. The cheapest. I can't wait!

Accidentally shipped it to a Walmart across town because it was set as my default Walmart. I knew I should have spent the extra couple of bucks and just had it shipped to my house.

Good CE. FYI the book is not as big as the box makes it look in some pictures I have seen. It is still substantial and a nice item though, just not a 900 page monster.

What's in this LE that is bringing on such rave reviews? Usually, Limited Editions and such are not worth it. I just bought the game, but if it's worth it, i might do the Limited Edition

[quote name='Blade3D']Accidentally shipped it to a Walmart across town because it was set as my default Walmart. I knew I should have spent the extra couple of bucks and just had it shipped to my house.[/QUOTE]

I did something similar but sent customer service a message almost immediately asking if i could get it sent to my house instead. No answer yet :whistle2:\

I called CS yesterday less than an hour after I placed my order to change where it it ships, but they said it wasn't possible to change.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']All contents for the LE:

Game Disc in box with unique art
Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
"The Alan Wake Files" – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls

Exclusive Xbox bonus disc with special content:
Exclusive Xbox Theme & Avatar
PDLC #1 Token
Video Documentaries/Behind the Scenes:
The Theme of Alan Wake
The World of Bright Falls
The People of Bright Falls
Alan's Missions
Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JP73']What's in this LE that is bringing on such rave reviews? Usually, Limited Editions and such are not worth it. I just bought the game, but if it's worth it, i might do the Limited Edition[/QUOTE]

10char.

I really wish they would make the upcoming DLC a full Alan Wake 2. I was many of the people who overlooked this game. It was the first game (Along with I think it was called 2 days to vegas?) I ever heard of for 360. Took so long to come out I figured it wasn't going to be good. Top 5 360 game for me no doubt. Loved this game. Must own.

I LOVED this game. Anyone who has this in their backlog should definitely put this at the top. Thanks OP, I was waiting to pick this CE up at a good price to keep in my collection.

[quote name='Zin_LG']I called CS yesterday less than an hour after I placed my order to change where it it ships, but they said it wasn't possible to change.[/QUOTE]

So is it safe to assume even though you make a request to change (since it can't be) that you can still pick it up on the suggested date? I assume since it can't be changed, it can't be canceled unless you just never pick it up. Never done store pick up with walmart though so idk.

[quote name='kidrocklive']So is it safe to assume even though you make a request to change (since it can't be) that you can still pick it up on the suggested date? I assume since it can't be changed, it can't be canceled unless you just never pick it up. Never done store pick up with walmart though so idk.[/QUOTE]

I messaged as well and they told me I couldnt change location. They said I had to cancel my order and then repurchase. I'll drive across town to get it I guess, won't have anything else to do anyway with school out.

[quote name='Blade3D']I messaged as well and they told me I couldnt change location. They said I had to cancel my order and then repurchase. I'll drive across town to get it I guess, won't have anything else to do anyway with school out.[/QUOTE]

On the same phone call I tried to cancel so I could repurchase, but I couldn't even to do that. I guess I will just wait for it to arrive.

[quote name='Zin_LG']On the same phone call I tried to cancel so I could repurchase, but I couldn't even to do that. I guess I will just wait for it to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Based on how fast I got mine, I don't think you'll be waiting long.

Ordered on Thursday night, chose $1.xx shipping. Arrived a few minutes ago (saturday afternoon.) Case is in perfect condition. Happy and hope I enjoy the game as much as everyone else seems to have.

I have the regular edition of the game but some of the extras sound good to me. Can someone who has this comment on the commentary track? Is it good? Is it throughout the entire game, or do they use icons that you click on to hear it similar to the way Valve did it in Portal or HL2 Ep 2?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Based on how fast I got mine, I don't think you'll be waiting long.[/QUOTE]

It should probably be here Monday or Tuesday.

Well, this thread caused me to buy the game, but not the CE. Amazon Warehouse had a "like new" for $14.99. Thanks - looking forward to playing this game.

I bought the non free dlc when it was on sale in anticipation of getting this out of a bargain bin at some point. I did a bit of looking and found this ebay listing for a new one for $26 shipped if anyone wants to take a chance on a user with 17 feedback:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alan-Wake-L...Games_Games&hash=item19cbbf3e65#ht_500wt_1156

I think I'm still going to wait as I have spent WAAAAYYYY too much this year allready.... :)

Edit: I have no affiliation with the seller or the listing so buy at own risk and don't come cryin at me if it's in Japanese ;)

[quote name='dubldave']I bought the non free dlc when it was on sale in anticipation of getting this out of a bargain bin at some point. I did a bit of looking and found this ebay listing for a new one for $26 shipped if anyone wants to take a chance on a user with 17 feedback:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alan-Wake-L...Games_Games&hash=item19cbbf3e65#ht_500wt_1156

I think I'm still going to wait as I have spent WAAAAYYYY too much this year allready.... :)

Edit: I have no affiliation with the seller or the listing so buy at own risk and don't come cryin at me if it's in Japanese ;)[/QUOTE]

BIN $19.99 and shipping is $13.20...

[quote name='Vezee']BIN $19.99 and shipping is $13.20...[/QUOTE]

Must be to your location, shows shipping to me as $5.95.

Guess it doesn't matter, it's gone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pasolini']I have the regular edition of the game but some of the extras sound good to me. Can someone who has this comment on the commentary track? Is it good? Is it throughout the entire game, or do they use icons that you click on to hear it similar to the way Valve did it in Portal or HL2 Ep 2?[/QUOTE]

I found this on amazon.com's customer discussion about the Limited Edition.

"This Collector's Edition is easily the best one I have ever seen. This thing oozes with quality. Also as a side note, before I purchased I took no notice of the "in-game commentary" feature... however I activated it for my second playthrough of the game, and it is AWESOME. It is done in the coolest way possible, is very informative, and makes the experience fresh and different from the first playthrough .."

I've wanted this game for some time, I'm usually not a fan of Collector's or Limited Editions, but this one has my attention. The more I look into it, the more I feel my purchase is justified. Oh, new video out for the DLC Alan Wake: American Nightmare.

Wow, didn't realize the actual game disc is different for this LE, and not just added pack-ins. That's rare these days. Commentary sounds cool. More justifiable now over $20 regular.

[quote name='scottman']Wow, didn't realize the actual game disc is different for this LE, and not just added pack-ins. That's rare these days. Commentary sounds cool. More justifiable now over $20 regular.[/QUOTE]
The game disc isn't different. The commentary comes on the bonus disc and you install it on your hard drive.

The game disc has a different disc art on it even if the content is the same as the vanilla version. That is it for actual disc differences AFAIK. I am tempted to order this even though I bought this version at full price when it was first released (RDR be damned) and I love the hell out of it but it would make a fantastic gift as well. If only I knew which of my friends loved this type of game aside from myself. They all seem to go for the WRPGs (Dragon Age, Skyrim) and FPS (Fallout, RDR) games a lot (along with things like Arkham City etc) so it might not be worth it unless I can find one who expresses interest directly in this.

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']The game disc has a different disc art on it even if the content is the same as the vanilla version. That is it for actual disc differences AFAIK. I am tempted to order this even though I bought this version at full price when it was first released (RDR be damned) and I love the hell out of it but it would make a fantastic gift as well. If only I knew which of my friends loved this type of game aside from myself. They all seem to go for the WRPGs (Dragon Age, Skyrim) and FPS (Fallout, RDR) games a lot (along with things like Arkham City etc) so it might not be worth it unless I can find one who expresses interest directly in this.[/QUOTE]

I can be your friend :D

...but sticking to the topic, I believe you get the avatar outfit for using the gamedisc from the limited edition set.

@ JSD..... I know My wallet is crying after this holiday season but you have to admit there have been some awesome deals this year!

[quote name='ibelongtohalo']Just ordered it. Looking forward to getting this. Seems like a sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

Thought about it but still too much, especially after getting Deathsmiles LE and Halo: Reach Limited Edition both for $14.99 a piece.

[quote name='Jabrim']Thought about it but still too much, especially after getting Deathsmiles LE and Halo: Reach Limited Edition both for $14.99 a piece.[/QUOTE]

I was on the fence too. I've already played and beaten the game, so I was basically buying it for the extras and even then, none of them were too enticing. Now I'm not sure if I want to return it, keep it sealed, or just open it.

I don't know. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Tsel']Got mine today. :D[/QUOTE]

Is the game itself inside the LE case sealed? I already have the full game downloaded to my HDD from the Holiday Bundle last year and would consider piecing off the game and keeping the extras.

If the game is sealed, are the codes or any of the other content actually packaged inside the sealed case?

[quote name='sassylaurie']Is the game itself inside the LE case sealed? I already have the full game downloaded to my HDD from the Holiday Bundle last year and would consider piecing off the game and keeping the extras.

If the game is sealed, are the codes or any of the other content actually packaged inside the sealed case?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I haven't opened mine yet. I don't know if I want to.

[quote name='bezelbubba']price down to 19.99 as of this morning 12/14[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was going to pass at $30.. but for $20 I couldn't resist. Is that the lowest the CE has been? I don't recall ever seeing it lower.

In for one at $20! I have the DLC voucher from last year's holiday bundle, but LE extras will go nice on my shelf, and the game itself will make a good Christmas gift for my uncle.

[quote name='bezelbubba']price down to 19.99 as of this morning 12/14[/QUOTE]

I just got mine yesterday. What's the likelihood Walmart would credit me the difference?

bread's done
Back