Alan Wake Limited Edition at Walmart.com $19.99

I was just moping, re-reading this thread, since it has been bumped, and just for the heck of it I clicked the link again.

It's in stock--or at least was, long enough for me to make an order for it to ship to my closest store.

For 20-some dollars, a great deal. Thanks for bumping again!

Just called in and got the $10 credited ... woohoo! Very painless phone call (except for the wait) and the guy was polite and friendly to boot. :)

just FYI I emailed for my refund, for those of you who get an automated response (like I first did) just send another reply email re-stating things and the refund should go through!

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked my copy up site to store today to save on shipping. Was handed to me in a FedEx box, game was still in minty new condition. Not a bad deal at all.

I got mine today but I purchased it when it was $29.99. If I got to customer service and tell them the price dropped to $19.99 a couple days after I purchased it, will they refund the $10 to me?

[quote name='Morpha']I got mine today but I purchased it when it was $29.99. If I got to customer service and tell them the price dropped to $19.99 a couple days after I purchased it, will they refund the $10 to me?[/QUOTE]

I have read on this thread that you have 7 days from the day you ordered it to get your refund. I don't know if that is true, but I would give them a call and try anyways. For me it was hassle free and honestly just a flat out pleasant experience.

I had no problems getting the $10 back when I picked it up. I just showed them the website where it says it went down to $20 and they did a return/rebuy at the adjusted amount.

Hmm, I sent an e-mail for my refund, but was told that "your request for a Rollback price adjustment has been evaluated. An adjustment can be made within 7 days of the order date. Unfortunately, the 7 day adjustment period has passed and we will not be able to process your request...":cry:

[quote name='KtMack23']The website says "temporarily out of stock" do we think they'll actually re-stock?[/QUOTE]

It can't hurt to check at least once a day, but I have a feeling they won't be restocking, at least not the limited edition.

Does anyone have experience with Newgistics? My copy is stuck in limbo at the post office since the 16th when the last delivery date was yesterday (the 20th). The last update was on the 16th stating "transfering to USPS".

I'm guessing it's going through some sort of processing?

This CE is sweet! Story driven games with CEs should come with hard cover books like Alan Wake, to tell a bit more about the setting and characters.

I got mine last night from in store pickup...

I was amazed it was IMMACULATE. Not a single dent, scratch or ding on it. This thing was like it just rolled off the factory.

I normally don't like keeping games wrapped as they were meant to be played, but this one is tempting

Well, it looks like I might not be getting mine. I contacted Walmart about my situation. They didn't give me a reason why my CE wasn't delivered to me but they said I won't be getting a replacement before Christmas.

:( I'm sad because I really wanted alan wake and the LE was just a bonus. I don't know what's going on with USPS, my CE must be in processing hell.

I'm pretty upset right now. I'm not getting my CE and I was issued a refund. My CE was stuck at the "transfering to USPS" update for days :/ I guess it got lost somewhere during that process.

My experience was even worse. I chose site to store, told it was there on Saturday. Went, waited an hour only to be told they lost my package. That was the worst walmart experience ever and I don't think I'll be choosing site to store for a long while.

Called the .com number but they can't do anything because it's sold out. And called corporate and the best they could do is file a complaint.

I was looking forward to mine since everybody reported receiving it in such great condition, but mine was damaged on every single corner. Not just the outer casing, but all around the "book" interior as well. Still damn good for 19.99 though.

[quote name='JokerCard']My experience was even worse. I chose site to store, told it was there on Saturday. Went, waited an hour only to be told they lost my package. That was the worst walmart experience ever and I don't think I'll be choosing site to store for a long while.

Called the .com number but they can't do anything because it's sold out. And called corporate and the best they could do is file a complaint.[/QUOTE]

That's why I chose to pay extra for shipping, wasn't worth the risk to have it shipped to the store for me.

Mine came in excellent condition.I thought about keeping it sealed but I couldn't help myself :D

It's the first CE I ever bought and I'm quite pleased. Well worth $20

My ship to store was in an undamaged padded mailer but had a long razor cut on the back probably from the original shipping carton being opened. I plan to open this one and play though so it's no big deal at $20. I was getting worried since the site to store took a lot longer than usual, and the tracking already showed the weird "delivered" message from when it got signed over to another carrier. Original shipment was 3 packages weighing 45 lbs each, so they must combine these things in huge shipments. Probably why a few of yours got lost.

Mine was in pristine condition. I an overall pleasant experience for me, including getting refunded the price difference. I originally purchased it when it was 29.99. I am sorry to hear some had issues. For those that got their money back, at least you had that.

This is really a great looking Collectors Edition. I never had any interest in this game, but after reading up about it in this thread, I ordered one when it hit 20 bucks.
I would've been pleased with this game at 30.

I also picked up the CE strategy guide from eBay, and that too is quite well done. The guide itself is written like a story, not step by step like a usual guide, and it came with a nice hardcover artbook. You can tell that alot of time was spent on details in both the CE game and the guide, and thats something I appreciate.
This has definately moved near the top of my backlog.

[quote name='Flacksguy']This is really a great looking Collectors Edition. I never had any interest in this game, but after reading up about it in this thread, I ordered one when it hit 20 bucks.
I would've been pleased with this game at 30.

I also picked up the CE strategy guide from eBay, and that too is quite well done. The guide itself is written like a story, not step by step like a usual guide, and it came with a nice hardcover artbook. You can tell that alot of time was spent on details in both the CE game and the guide, and thats something I appreciate.
This has definately moved near the top of my backlog.[/QUOTE]

This game was extremely underrated because it came out at the same time as another great game (was it RDR?). This is one of the few games that I actually WANTED the CE.

To those that haven't played it, it's time to pick it up.

Did anyone get a extra copy!? I would love a copy of the limited edition and once again I missed out! Have a copy a Rage or Fear 3 or would pay the $20 to get a copy well Thanks for the chance guys!:bouncy:

[quote name='NatiRedGals']Did anyone get a extra copy!? I would love a copy of the limited edition and once again I missed out! Have a copy a Rage or Fear 3 or would pay the $20 to get a copy well Thanks for the chance guys!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Just 20? Costs 20+tax, let alone the shipping costs to get it to you. I have an extra copy, but you have to do much better than 20.

bread's done
Back