Alien/Aliens/Alien 3 BRs 9.99 each @ Target

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 BRs are 9.99 each at Target this week. Been meaning to upgrade to the BR Quadrilogy from my DVD Quad, however, I'm only really interested in 1 & 2. May just get those two in this sale.

Just a heads up but the separate releases DO NOT include the special features that are in the Anthology set. Those looking for it, Best Buy has it on sale and has a deal going where if you spend $50 in Blu-ray discs you get a $10 gift card, here is what I did:

1st transaction:
Alien Anthology 6 Blu-ray Disc set (Well 5 good ones, the Resurrection BD is never entering any of my BD players): $49.99
Since you still need to spend $0.01 on another Blu-ray Disc, I got Bad Santa for $7.99
Total: $57.98 before tax

2nd transaction:
300: The Complete Experience Blu-ray Disc (Which is what I came in for): $10.99
- $10 gift card
Total: $0.99 before tax

I had a $5 Reward Zone Cert which I used on the first transaction and with the tax rate I have here my real total was $59.93 for everything, but you get the idea.

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']Just a heads up but the separate releases DO NOT include the special features that are in the Anthology set. Those looking for it, Best Buy has it on sale and has a deal going where if you spend $50 in Blu-ray discs you get a $10 gift card, here is what I did:

1st transaction:
Alien Anthology 6 Blu-ray Disc set (Well 5 good ones, the Resurrection BD is never entering any of my BD players): $49.99
Since you still need to spend $0.01 on another Blu-ray Disc, I got Bad Santa for $7.99
Total: $57.98 before tax

2nd transaction:
300: The Complete Experience Blu-ray Disc (Which is what I came in for): $10.99
- $10 gift card
Total: $0.99 before tax

I had a $5 Reward Zone Cert which I used on the first transaction and with the tax rate I have here my real total was $59.93 for everything, but you get the idea.[/QUOTE]Thanks for this. Been meaning to look it up and see if I'd miss out on anything important.

[quote name='coolflea216']Thats the magic price I've been waiting for, don't care about extras and only want the first two movies.[/QUOTE]Same here. May want some of those extras though. Decisions, decisions.

The single disk editions aren't completely bare bones.
Alien has both 1979 version and the 2003 directors cut, and each one of those have separate commentary track and it has some deleted and extended scenes.

Aliens has both the 1986 version and the 1991 special edition, at least one of which has a commentary track and some deleted and extended scenes.

The anthology has a metric ton of special features, some of goes to crazy details, such as production stills/notes on some of the patches on the uniforms and warning stickers on doorways, or being able to have the Nostromo crew profiles that run on the screen behind Ripley during the inquest at the start of Aliens run on your TV.

If you are really into the films and dig special features, the anthology is the way to go but if you just want to watch the one or two films on blu ray, the single disks at this price are probably the way to go.

bread's done
Back