Alien Anthology $19.99 Amazon Goldbox DOTD

Two of these four movies are... not great, but this is an amazing collection as a whole.  Slick packaging, tons of extras, the first two movies are classic, etc.  I picked it up a couple of years ago from Amazon when it was on a different sale.

It has the full version of the Alien 3 documentary unlike the DVD quadrilogy set in which it was truncated. Basically it's $20 for 2 great movies and extras plus two OK movies with great extras.

I'm not going to buy this set for the sheer fact that everything after Aliens is drek. Winona Ryder?! Really?
I never understood why so many people dislike Alien 3. I thought it was great. I have to agree with you about Resurrection however...

Still, even if you only like the first two, $19.99 is still cheaper than the Alien and Aliens blu-rays purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
first two are great.

third one while not horrid its not a classic.

and fourth yea its bad.

to answer the guy asking. i think the third one is hated because by this point it has become the riley show. furthermore it would've been nice to see the alien homeworld or something in a bit more detail but it just turns into another horror slasher flick. the aliens also arent near as terrifying in the third one. there is also no plot purpose for the third one hardly. the third one of course sets up the terrible fourth one.

the movies look great on blu ray. this is a solid deal really especially if you like extras has it has tons of extras and both cuts of all the movies.

Yes! Finally! Anyone know if the discs are in paper sleeves on this set? Not a fan of that style of packaging since I worru about scratches from removing and inserting the discs

Yes! Finally! Anyone know if the discs are in paper sleeves on this set? Not a fan of that style of packaging since I worru about scratches from removing and inserting the discs
It's in a book with the disks in sleeves on the pages, similar to Star Wars. If that helps.

It's in a book with the disks in sleeves on the pages, similar to Star Wars. If that helps.
Ah ok. I could live with that packaging. I couldn't resist the price and ordered. Thanks for the heads up. Was excited at 20 until my price went up to 25 with shipping and tax. Still a great deal though.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back