Alien Quadrilogy - $27.99 (USED) at Wherehouse.com (fluctuating stock, check daily!)

BustaUppa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Right here: http://www.wherehouse.com/movies/product-detail.jsp?id=2329085
I know it dropped a while ago, but this is the lowest price I've seen on Alien Quadrilogy from an online retailer. I could swear that I saw Wherehouse selling this for a lot more, even after the initial drop, but I could be wrong. Oddly enough they are still selling the new one for $79.98... that's a price difference of over fifty bucks!!!

So if you don't mind getting it used I think this is pretty sweet. I've never actually seen the Alien movies but I've always wanted to, so I jumped right on this!

EDIT, thanks to alfonsosoriano for reminding me: If you use a Visa credit card you can save $3 with the coupon code VISACOOL. You might have to click through the following link, but I'm not sure: http://usa.visa.com/personal/discou...ryName=MusicandMovies&categoryId=2&pageId=197

The code works on any item $10.99 and up.

EDIT: Currently out of stock :whistle2:( But check back later, since it's used the stock will always be fluctuating!

That really pisses me off. I put off buying the first Alien boxset because I didn't have the money at the time (still in high school and $90 was a hell of a lot more back then), which I now regret because the bonus disc alone has a bunch of special feature that were never rereleased. Then this quadrilogy pack comes along so I buy it right away cause I was worried ti would become hard to find like the original DVD set.. Sure enough, you can find it everywhere AND the fucker drops in price.

Thank you for fucking me in the ass 20th century fox but next time, can you buy me dinner first?

Oh, and to keep it on topic, buy this set, its awesome!

Wow, good deal. I'm tempted.

Use coupon VISACOOL to get $3 off when using a Visa credit card. It essnentially gives you free shipping when you buy one item.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That really pisses me off. I put off buying the first Alien boxset because I didn't have the money at the time (still in high school and $90 was a hell of a lot more back then), which I now regret because the bonus disc alone has a bunch of special feature that were never rereleased. Then this quadrilogy pack comes along so I buy it right away cause I was worried ti would become hard to find like the original DVD set.. Sure enough, you can find it everywhere AND the fucker drops in price.

Thank you for fucking me in the ass 20th century fox but next time, can you buy me dinner first?

Oh, and to keep it on topic, buy this set, its awesome![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's definitely their fault you chose to buy it.

:)

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Wow, good deal. I'm tempted.

Use coupon VISACOOL to get $3 off when using a Visa credit card. It essnentially gives you free shipping when you buy one item.[/QUOTE]Good call, I actually used that code so luckily I'm not kicking myself here. I'll add it to the first post!

I have a huge wishlist on wherehouse.com of DVDs, and stuff is ALWAYS coming in and out.

I talked myself out of it earlier too. I may pick it up down the line because it is a pretty nice price.

That is a pretty amazing deal if it comes in good condition. The alien movies are fantastic and everything should give them a shot, one of my favorite movie franchises ever.

the first two are fantastic. the third one is questionable. the fourth is a complete travesty. if this is the cheapest way to get the first two, then go for it, but otherwise just look for them seperately.

[quote name='Shmitty']the first two are fantastic. the third one is questionable. the fourth is a complete travesty. if this is the cheapest way to get the first two, then go for it, but otherwise just look for them seperately.[/QUOTE]

The nice thing about this set is that has both the original and alternate versions of all 4 films. This pack is the only way to get them, and at $28, its a steal.

[quote name='sethvega']just ordered mine...website now says they're down to their last one[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what happens with all their used items. Then it'll go out of stock, but eventually come back in stock.

what kinda of quality should I expect from wherehouse.com? I am not a dvd snob but I like it to be in pretty good condition even that cheap

I have bought from them several times and always got mint to near mint condition on all my dvd's. The one time I had a problem with an order they refunded me my money and communicated fast. I would feel comfortable recommending this site.

Yeah, it's pretty much a CAG concensus that Wherehouse.com is really good with the used stuff. It almost always arrives in pristine condition. I only ever had a problem with one order, and when I contacted them about it they sent me free replacements on 2 items and a refund on the third (since it was out of stock). I didn't even have to send anything back!

Mine just arrived today. Outside of the annoying yet easily removeable "USED" and product barcode stickers I will say my set is in fairly good condition. The box has a little wear and tear to it as to be expected from a used product, and disc 1 does have a little scuffing to it but that can be easily polished off with a professional CD scratch removal machine. Outside of that this is one of the best deals of the year so far for me. :D

Thanks OP for the info once again.

I'm a little pissed that my DVD still hasn't come, I placed my order on the 3rd and payed for upgraded shipping. It's no big deal, it just kind of sucks.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Mine just arrived today. Outside of the annoying yet easily removeable "USED" and product barcode stickers I will say my set is in fairly good condition. The box has a little wear and tear to it as to be expected from a used product, and disc 1 does have a little scuffing to it but that can be easily polished off with a professional CD scratch removal machine. Outside of that this is one of the best deals of the year so far for me. :D

Thanks OP for the info once again.[/QUOTE]

My Dawn of the Dead Ultimate box had a few scratches in it and parts where the black was scratched off too.

I got the best deal on this set, though without the box i suppose.
Microcenter sent out coupons on their circulars on time with a $20 off $20 coupon on it. And the place I work at got a ton in and half the people it was addressed to didn't work there anymore. So i had about 10 coupons =]
Got each 2 disc set for each movie for 1.99 (21.99 - 20). That was the pre-CAG days, otherwise i wouldve posted the deal =]

sweet, so mine still hasn't come. I would say 13 days for expedited shipping is way too long. I checked the order status and it says partially shipped. What the hell is that supposed to mean? I only ordered one thing how can you partially ship it?

Yeah it took awhile for mine to ship, like 9 days or so. Mine also said partially shipped but I got the whole set. I think that maybe since there is more than 1 movie in the set when it ships the computer thinks it was supposed to ship more than 1. I don't know, I wouldn't worry about it, mine came and was in mint condition.

[quote name='whatsleftofj']wow. so it's been almost two weeks, and i checked my order status. cancelled. wtf?![/QUOTE]

I've heard some good things about wherehouse.com but this is my first and last time ordering from them. Seems like they really dropped the ball with everyone who ordered this.

Mine says "Partially Shipped," but when you click on the order details it lists all three items in my order as being shipped. Weird. Unless they plan on shipping the box separately I have no idea what that means.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Mine says "Partially Shipped," but when you click on the order details it lists all three items in my order as being shipped. Weird. Unless they plan on shipping the box separately I have no idea what that means.[/QUOTE]

I've had them send stuff in separate boxes before, but always at the same time? I dunno, I've only ordered from there a few times, but they were BIG ORDERS (I got 4 x-files box sets, the godfather collection, and the alien box along with a ton of random cds and single movies during that 33% off sale). Never any problems at all.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I got the best deal on this set, though without the box i suppose.
Microcenter sent out coupons on their circulars on time with a $20 off $20 coupon on it. And the place I work at got a ton in and half the people it was addressed to didn't work there anymore. So i had about 10 coupons =]
Got each 2 disc set for each movie for 1.99 (21.99 - 20). That was the pre-CAG days, otherwise i wouldve posted the deal =][/QUOTE]

You didn't get the 9th disc or the annoying packaging, sry, you didn't get the best deal on the set cause YOURS IS INCOMPLETE OOOO

mine shipped on 2/6 and i've yet to receive it....don't think i'll be ordering from them again if it takes this long and/or i never receive it...

I thought I would give a little heads up on people with orders stating "partially shipped" that you might be getting a second copy real soon. I just had a second one show up today unexpectedly. That might also explain why some folks like sethvega haven't gotten their copy yet - they could of mixed orders up as I would assume they got overflooded with orders once word of this deal hit online.

Also the package that came today was mailed on Feb. 7th.

EDIT: And for those who are wondering I just sent Wherehouse an email asking how I can send this copy back as I don't want them to be short a copy.

Did anyone else get theirs shipped in a bubble mailer? I got mine yesterday, I assumed it was something else I ordered because I didn't think they'd use a media mail envelope for a frigging box set. But the thing was pretty heavy when I picked it up, and lo and behold there inside was my Alien Quadrilogy and two CD's I ordered.

I've placed a lot of orders with Wherehouse over the last year, and that was the first time they've mailed me anything in an envolope. And I've had physically smaller orders ship in a well-padded cardboard box... so what gives?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Did anyone else get theirs shipped in a bubble mailer? I got mine yesterday, I assumed it was something else I ordered because I didn't think they'd use a media mail envelope for a frigging box set. But the thing was pretty heavy when I picked it up, and lo and behold there inside was my Alien Quadrilogy and two CD's I ordered.

I've placed a lot of orders with Wherehouse over the last year, and that was the first time they've mailed me anything in an envolope. And I've had physically smaller orders ship in a well-padded cardboard box... so what gives?[/QUOTE]

Well at least yours actually showed up. I placed my order on the 3rd, they say it shipped it on the 6th and it still isn't here. I also upgraded to expedited shipping. This is bullshit, I'm really starting to get pissed off and their customer service just keeps giving me the runaround.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Did anyone else get theirs shipped in a bubble mailer? I got mine yesterday, I assumed it was something else I ordered because I didn't think they'd use a media mail envelope for a frigging box set. But the thing was pretty heavy when I picked it up, and lo and behold there inside was my Alien Quadrilogy and two CD's I ordered.

I've placed a lot of orders with Wherehouse over the last year, and that was the first time they've mailed me anything in an envolope. And I've had physically smaller orders ship in a well-padded cardboard box... so what gives?[/QUOTE]

I got my Shield Season 2 in a huge bubble mailer but it was still in great shape so I didn't care.

Finally got my order yesterday after two weeks and it came in a bubble media mailer too. Pretty cheap but it seems to be in decent condition. The box set was even shrink-wrapped even though that's no big deal. Still, I don't know if I'll order from them again unless there's another offer like this...

well they just sent me an e-mail telling me they will refund my money but I still really want this dvd set and they are out of stock. I'm so bummed, they didn't even give me coupon codes or anything.

[quote name='takingchase']I've heard some good things about wherehouse.com but this is my first and last time ordering from them. Seems like they really dropped the ball with everyone who ordered this.[/QUOTE]

... except me who ended up with TWO copies. But don't worry, I'm sending back the second copy later today as they emailed me a PDF that takes care of the postage of sending it back. Hopefully one of you CAGs might end up getting this copy that it getting sent back.

bread's done
Back