Alien Syndrome Wii 28.99 Free Shipping Buy.com (may be item mistake)

[quote name='breakin2']How are you guys handling the return? I'm thinking of just bringing it back to the post office as a refused package.[/quote]I'd contact them and set up a return with Buy.com, otherwise, you may never get credit for it. Plus, if they screwed up on the order, you shouldn't have to pay postage on it, and they should.

Doing a refusal on the package without setting up a return with them might be a great way to get it lost and never get your money back.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd contact them and set up a return with Buy.com, otherwise, you may never get credit for it. Plus, if they screwed up on the order, you shouldn't have to pay postage on it, and they should.

Doing a refusal on the package without setting up a return with them might be a great way to get it lost and never get your money back.[/quote]

so i got my RMA email :

And it says once they receive my package and process it in the warehouse, they will send the replacement.......

So i replied and told them i better not get another Crush

Well, I got Crush, too.

And I ordered mine through Google checkout, so it's an even bigger convoluted mess. I want them to honor it, though.

Mine should be here tomorrow...and I think I should mention again that someone should edit the OP or title to say that this is a mistake.

Reading through this thread was very entertaining. Nice buildup, then the plot twist, and finally the inevitable CRUSHing disappointment.

[quote name='Poet_JD']Reading through this thread was very entertaining. Nice buildup, then the plot twist, and finally the inevitable CRUSHing disappointment.[/quote]

:applause:

Wow, you so eloquently put into words what I was thinking this entire tread through this thread. Bravo.

Sucks for you guys though. :(

I did indeed receive Crush. I kept it.

The game is actually rather good. My Brother and I have been playing it the last few days.

Oh well.

~tauran

Wasn't this error found out a while ago? Why do people keep ordering it KNOWING Crush is coming? Those who received it this week should have already seen it failed. ;-)

Edit: Maybe I'm just being too harsh on the time table, but it seems this thread has been near the top of the deals for the last 2 weeks. I know it originated 6/5, but still... feels longer.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Wasn't this error found out a while ago? Why do people keep ordering it KNOWING Crush is coming? Those who received it this week should have already seen it failed. ;-)

Edit: Maybe I'm just being too harsh on the time table, but it seems this thread has been near the top of the deals for the last 2 weeks. I know it originated 6/5, but still... feels longer.[/QUOTE]

I didn't KNOW when I ordered it, because the error isn't laid out until the lower part of the first page of the thread...and the damn thread title still is misleading as hell. I've posted twice asking it to be changed, and it hasn't.

It's sad that no one that can fix it seems to give a shit.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']I didn't KNOW when I ordered it, because the error isn't laid out until the lower part of the first page of the thread...and the damn thread title still is misleading as hell. I've posted twice asking it to be changed, and it hasn't.

It's sad that no one that can fix it seems to give a shit.[/quote]Uh, if no one sees your posts, then some of us can't fix it. Reporting the post gets all the mods' attention, as would be PMing a mod to look into it.

More direct action on your part takes care of the issue, instead of complaining in here.

Thread title adjusted, note added to OP post.

Buy.com is not fun to deal with on returns. It isn't that good of a deal to take a chance on getting the wrong thing if it isn't a system you even own.

[quote name='turls']Buy.com is not fun to deal with on returns. It isn't that good of a deal to take a chance on getting the wrong thing if it isn't a system you even own.[/quote]

I received Crush from Buy.com and wanted to return it. I went to my account and clicked return, gave the reason as "wrong item received" and then they had me print a prepaid return shipping label. Seemed pretty easy on the return. Are they slow on refunding?

[quote name='Crichton']I received Crush from Buy.com and wanted to return it. I went to my account and clicked return, gave the reason as "wrong item received" and then they had me print a prepaid return shipping label. Seemed pretty easy on the return. Are they slow on refunding?[/quote]

Email i got about returning was that once they receive it they will send out a replacement. Question is : Will said replacement be another copy of Crush?

[quote name='Pookymeister']Email i got about returning was that once they receive it they will send out a replacement. Question is : Will said replacement be another copy of Crush?[/quote]

How bizarre. The only email I got from them after I did the return request was an email with a link to the UPS label.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Email i got about returning was that once they receive it they will send out a replacement. Question is : Will said replacement be another copy of Crush?[/quote]

I got the same e-mail, and I'm wondering the same thing. The mistake STILL isn't fixed at the website, so my guess is they will indeed send another Crush. As far as they're concerned, we're all ordering Crush. The e-mails are all horribly automated, so I'm going to try calling them.

I received Crush, too. And I ordered 2 copies (greedy for a deal! lol).

I'm going to dispute the charge on my credit card until they either ship the right item or totally cancel the order and issue a refund.

[quote name='jjoplinfan']I received Crush, too. And I ordered 2 copies (greedy for a deal! lol).

I'm going to dispute the charge on my credit card until they either ship the right item or totally cancel the order and issue a refund.[/quote]

Well they cant ship the right item until July obviously. Its not hard to get a return label.
But it is hard to get any of the CSR monkeys to understand the problem. They keep telling me they will send a replacement when they get mine...no matter what my email says.

Yeah, I just had to return the thing and never look back. I'm just putting this thing behind me. Buy.com doesn't even list a phone number on their website, and their e-mails are the most automated pieces of crap I've ever seen.

Pookymeister, have they shipped you Crush again? Or does it seem they may be holding your order until the July 25th (or whatever it is)release date for Alien Syndrome?

Cool, thanks. I'm in the same boat, but you were a couple days ahead of me with your return.

Here's continuing to hope!

I've had Crush sitting here shrinkwrapped as I figure out what to do.

Seems like, since I sort of wanted Crush anyway, might be the best to just keep it and not let Buy.com mess with me for months.. :/

Thanks for posting updates..

I've received multiple emails from them about it being backordered, so I think they may have figured out what was wrong with them sending Crush out to people.

I'm thinking for me, it's so far so good, until it ships at the end of this month.

[quote name='Pookymeister']i havent gotten anything yet. So either thats what they are doing, or their replacement program is slow as ass.[/quote]

Ok, well its option #2. Slowass replacement. Just got another copy of Crush today :cry:

[quote name='Pookymeister']Ok, well its option #2. Slowass replacement. Just got another copy of Crush today :cry:[/QUOTE]Noooooooooooooooooo!

Well, you've got time before the release date to ship it back AGAIN. I suppose I should expect to be CRUSHed again soon.

To add insult to injury - they sent it in a box big enough to hold 10 games.....and not one bit of padding. If i were keeping it, id prob bitch.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Ok, well its option #2. Slowass replacement. Just got another copy of Crush today :cry:[/quote]Wish I could figure out why they're giving you such a run-around and shipping you copy after copy of Crush and why they keep sending me emails that the item hasn't shipped yet and that they're working on fulfilling it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wish I could figure out why they're giving you such a run-around and shipping you copy after copy of Crush and why they keep sending me emails that the item hasn't shipped yet and that they're working on fulfilling it.[/quote]

and im sure more than a handful of people ordered it - so they are losing two-way shipping costs more than once...:roll:

and their cust service drones can't/don't read

I said i wanted to preorder and not get another Crush and they said "My request would be honored" . That was before the 2nd wrong item shipment, of course.

Its still 28.99. I am kinda confused though since its been this price for over a month now. Is it really a price mistake? Should I even attempt to order one or will I be wasting my time?

[quote name='kevzik']Its still 28.99. I am kinda confused though since its been this price for over a month now. Is it really a price mistake? Should I even attempt to order one or will I be wasting my time?[/QUOTE]You'll get Crush for PSP.

I've invested this much time into this "deal", I'll stick it out for one return past Alien Syndrome's release date, then I'm asking for a refund.

I wouldn't recommend anyone make a new order, though.

I placed an order about two weeks ago with Google Checkout for this just to get Crush for $18.99. Oddly enough, when I tried to go straight to Crush it was $49.99.
Eh, at least I got the PSP game that I wanted at a great price. Thanks OP.

[quote name='chakan']You'll get Crush for PSP.

I've invested this much time into this "deal", I'll stick it out for one return past Alien Syndrome's release date, then I'm asking for a refund.

I wouldn't recommend anyone make a new order, though.[/quote]My order still has been getting the perodic "we're trying to fulfill your request, though the item is still backordered/pre-ordered" emails from them. No sign of Crush showing up even once.

As we're getting closer to release date, I'll be curious to see what happens for me, as well as the other people who have been getting Crush periodically.

from the sound of the last email with the RMA and shipping label, it looks like im getting a refund. Didn't exactly want my $20 tied up with buy.com for the last month or so - but it doesnt seem like they have a clue about what they are doing. At least i know they've probably lost about that much paying for shipping 4 ways (return shipping is always UPS)

I got my second Crush yesterday. Waiting on a return shipping label, and then by that time AS ought to be out. If this goes over, great - if not, at least I'll get my $ back when all is said and done.

I sent back Crush for the second time, again requesting they send the correct game.

They just refunded my money, no explanation.

fucking idiots.

yea, i got refunded this week too. I was actually surprised it made it back, considering it accidently got included in the USPS mail instead of UPS. Tracking number still says it hasnt been picked up.

Well, the ironic thing is that getting Crush instead of Alien Syndrome is probably a blessing in disguise, but that's still a pretty huge messup on Buy.com's part. Did ANYONE get the correct order from this yet? It's like they don't even realize what the problem was, or else they did and just started handing out refunds rather than taking a loss by sending the correct game.

bread's done
Back