Alien vs. Predator- Are you going to see this?

eh.. if I'm bored enough. The previews make the story incoherent and it doesn't look too hot.

I'm also not a fan of Predator.

Oh, I just made a buddy with a guy who works at the theater, now that I think about it. I probably will see it.

I only like to see movies in the theater that are better on the big screen. ie LOTR, Braveheart, Star Wars. Ill pick this one up on DVD.

It's been a hell of a long time since I saw anything that made me think I truly missed out by not seeing it in a theater full of annoying people. I'd much rather spend the money on having the best possible display setup at home and take in the material as it turns up cheap.

Outside of that the only thing that gets me to a theater anymore is dates, in which case I can sit through almost anything. If nothing else, her reaction to her own choice can be a useful source of data about the person.

I'm actually looking forward to it. I mean, its Alien vs. Predator!. I've been wondering about this since i saw each seperate movie and seen the action figures way back when. Of course, I like Freddy vs. Jason. It wasn't a really good movie, but it was Freddy fighting Jason. I also wouldn't mind seeing Batman vs. Superman. Hopefully the new movies of both don't do too bad and they actually make it. (I think there were talks about doing it a while back)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had the Alien vs. Predator SNES game. *shudder* THATS how much I want to see this movie.

No, for a few reasons:

1) It's PG13.

2) There hasn't been a good movie in either series since 1987.

3) Paul W.S. Anderson is a bad filmmaker. See: all his previous movies.

If the movie has just one cool fight between the two of them I'll get my money's worth and from the trailers it looks like that will likely happen.

I'll probably see it since I'm a fan of both. I also have the DarkHorse comics, so I wouldn't mind seeing how much they adapted from there. Not to mention I've been stuck in the house for a very long time and gettting out a bit might be good. As bone_matrix said,its Alien vs. Predator. The freddy vs. Jason movie wasn't that great/actually pretty comical to me (I was laughing for most of the movie since I knew what was going to happen and what to expect.), but you got to see them duke it out. As long as I see some great CG effects and Predator fighting Aliens, the movie will be redeemed, but it has to be for a good portion of it.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Ya, I'll be seeing it as I'll probably be buying the new Predator 1 DVD which has a free ticket to AVP, but my expectations are low.[/quote]

Same here...very low.

You better believe I will. I love the Alien series and will gladly pay to see any of its rereleases, sequels, or (as in this case) spinoffs.

PG-13....argh...I want to see some people get messed up and I dont think that will happen in this now. THough the tentacle scene in the hospital in Spiderman 2 was pretty graphic and that was only PG-13. I guess I will have to check out the matinee.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']PG-13....argh...I want to see some people get messed up and I dont think that will happen in this now. THough the tentacle scene in the hospital in Spiderman 2 was pretty graphic and that was only PG-13. I guess I will have to check out the matinee.[/quote]

Tentacle scene....?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']PG-13....argh...I want to see some people get messed up and I dont think that will happen in this now. THough the tentacle scene in the hospital in Spiderman 2 was pretty graphic and that was only PG-13. I guess I will have to check out the matinee.[/quote]

Tentacle scene....?[/quote]

Same question...I don't remember much of anything being all that graphic.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='Ikohn4ever']PG-13....argh...I want to see some people get messed up and I dont think that will happen in this now. THough the tentacle scene in the hospital in Spiderman 2 was pretty graphic and that was only PG-13. I guess I will have to check out the matinee.[/quote]

Tentacle scene....?[/quote]

Same question...I don't remember much of anything being all that graphic.[/quote]
Spoilers for Spiderman 2

When the surgeons try to remove Doc Oc's tentacles, they put the smackdown on the surgeons, and no, it wasn't graphic, just people getting thrown around.

I'm of the opinion that both the Alien and Predator series have primarly been about them killing people in various ways. They're monster movies, afterall. Now, if you take away their ability to show the blood and guts you're left with the plot...something that the first Alien arguably had, but has been disregarded in every other movie in the 2 series. I'm certainly not paying to see that and I'd like to think no one else will either, though I realize that's foolish to hope.

Wait its not rated R...oh my god...how could this be...but...blood...death...destruction...NOOOOOOOO

So what does this tell us? The Aliens and Predators, after a healthy fight are brought to the negotiatingtable by the human UN team where they find a peaceful plan for disarming?

hate to break it to all the fans but this movie will suck big time they did it for the money only

when this movie could of been good back in the mid 90s the said U WILL NEVER SEE THIS MOVIE

now why r u seeing it cause they want to make the money on a cross over there is no plot to this movie the Fxs are not that great and the whole idea of this movie is just plan stupid .ie if aliens was on the earth why would they be living at the south pole LOL

[quote name='Kowalski']No, for a few reasons:

1) It's PG13.

2) There hasn't been a good movie in either series since 1987.

3) Paul W.S. Anderson is a bad filmmaker. See: all his previous movies.[/quote]

Amen to that! I hate when things everyone knows should be rated R get cut down to PG-13 for marketing reasons. This is exactly why things like bans on when and where R rated movies can be advertised work out to a form of censorship.

On a side note, the "plot" is horrible and the whole thing takes place on modern day earth outside of Alien continuity. Paying to see this only encourages them to do it again.

[quote name='bob_the_goon']
On a side note, the "plot" is horrible and the whole thing takes place on modern day earth outside of Alien continuity. Paying to see this only encourages them to do it again.[/quote]

Actually the end of this one kind of sets up the first Alien film. It has something to do with the reasoning behind Ripley's ship being sent to LV-426 (the planet where they found the eggs).

[quote name='trustcompany1013']id rather see the next brittany murphy movie in theaters then this crapfest[/quote]

That may not be a bad idea. The Onion's review makes it out to be really kind of dark, not the goofy romantic comedy they're advertising.

Our craptastic theater is only $3.50 for a movie. So, sadly, if I went to go see Mean Girls out of boredom, I"m sure I'll go to see AVP.

not too sure.. maybe if I have nothing better to do :p
Kinda reminds me of Freddy vs Jason... never saw that

I was hyped to see it, but then after seeing some actual previews for it, I became less and less excited by it. I'm not to the point where it's gonna get skipped and I'll maybe see it on DVD. It's like the exact opposite of my feelings for Collateral. Started out not hyped at all, now I can't wait to go see it this weekend.

Well, I went and saw this last night, and, let me tell
you, I was dissapointed. And this coming from
someone who thought the movie was going to
suck. I am almost offended that Paul Anderson is
still making movies. Has anyone else seen it,
because I'm very curious about what everyone
else thought of this travesty...

What I thought was funny was why it was rated PG-13. They get more and more ridiculous with every new movie they make it seems these days, but here's what the AvP movie rating said:

Alien vs. Predator (2004)
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp.

PG-13 Rated PG-13 for violence, language, horror images, slime and gore.

.....slime?!?!

I have nothing more to add.

[quote name='thestuff']Well, I went and saw this last night, and, let me tell
you, I was dissapointed. And this coming from
someone who thought the movie was going to
suck. I am almost offended that Paul Anderson is
still making movies. Has anyone else seen it,
because I'm very curious about what everyone
else thought of this travesty...[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. What other movies did Paul Anderson make anyways?

[quote name='crazytalkx']PG13??????? Awww that sucks. No more mutilating deaths or naked hanging corpses.[/quote]

Absolutely. Although, the edited for television version still has those corpses in it, so you never know. Still, an Alien or Predator movie that's PG-13 is almost like watching a titty flick with all the "good parts" removed.

Paul Anderson, Director

That's all you need to know. This movie is going to blow.

Think about all the times you're heard people argue consumers should boycott lousy/disappointing games and then consider applying that same concept to films. Yes, I love the Alien and Predator series (movies and games) as much as the next guy, but do you really want to pay good money to support a hack like Paul Anderson?

Look at what he did for Resident Evil! Who in their right mind could take a best-selling video game series like this and make the mess of a film that he did with the license? He doesn't deserve your continued support.

If you pay good money to see this film in theaters, you're saying that you support licensed films, regardless of their quality. That's not something you as a consumer should be proud of.

bread's done
Back