Alien vs. Predator Hunter Edition <$30 New at Amazon

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
So now that I've snagged a copy for myself (been waiting on a reasonable price since Newegg had it for $40 around January), I can inform the lot of you that after being OCD about checking the prices of this product, (it was around $38 last week) it's finally dipped to below $30.
Best part is that the price keeps dropping (albeit slowly). I picked it up @ $29.05 (360 version, PS3 version is cheaper) and I've seen it dip 30 cents an hour or so ago and now it's dipped another 30ish cents to $28.22 (price as of right now).

Hate on the game all you want (I'm sure it'll disappoint me as a long-time AvP PC Series fan), but considering even K-mart has the vanilla version on Clearance for $20, and Amazon's selling the vanilla 360 version for $23 (which means no free shipping, PS3 version is cheaper) and the Hunter edition comes with DLC worth ~$7, this is a no-brainer if you've been waiting for a chance to get this game, like myself. MSRP was $100, btw, possibly the most I've saved on a CE/LE since I got Tekken 6 for $30 ($150 MSRP).

Sorry for not posting this in "cheap" LE/CE thread, but I figured this didn't deserve to get buried.

Xbox 360 ($27.83)
http://www.amazon.com/Aliens-vs-Pre...Q8MU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306298216&sr=8-2
PS3 ($27.49)
http://www.amazon.com/Aliens-vs-Pre...Q8MU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306298216&sr=8-2

Lol, I love how trading in the ENTIRE Hunter Edition only gets you an extra $1 as opposed to just trading the game in by itself.

Also, if your Facehugger model comes broken (like 99.999% of them), you can get a free one (including shipping methinks), you just need to give them the product code. I'll find a link when it's needed.

Edit: Almost forgot about the steelbook. NOW you have to get it! : D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']On that note of AVP1 Gold, does anyone know where to snag the ORIGINAL 1998(?) release? I absolutely abhorred Gold edition's re-cast voice acting and changed FMVs. Aside from a few disconnected mentions on message boards, my google-fu has never turned up even a video of this version of the game.

Also: the AVP steelbook is probably the greatest one I've ever seen.:)[/QUOTE]

I know Steam has AvP Classic (http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730/) for $5, but its the "Gold" edition. What are the differences? I have actual discs for the non-gold version and AvP2 vanilla -- bring back LOTS of memories. Used to play AvP online with a buddy of mine and FREAK out!

[quote name='Hudson187']I know Steam has AvP Classic (http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730/) for $5, but its the "Gold" edition. What are the differences? I have actual discs for the non-gold version and AvP2 vanilla -- bring back LOTS of memories. Used to play AvP online with a buddy of mine and FREAK out![/QUOTE]

I think Nuclear Porkchop has implied that the Gold edition received a redub but he prefers the original VAing. I have my old AvP2 discs as well somewhere, only have AvP Gold on the comp. Didn't know steam had AvP for $5. Man, AvP2 was my first online game in late '01 when my dad picked it up (I was 10). Came back to it 3 years later, became my lifeeeeee. It's where I met my first girlfriend, to boot.

Edit: I don't think either game really scared me, but I hate you guys for making me wanna play/making me more impatient for my AvP: HE. >: (

Weeman's got the right idea though, gotta love the dedication of some fans.

I have the $5 AvP you can get on Steam.

Search around on the Steam AvP forums and there's a guy who has all the original FMV files and an updated sound database available for download. You can then replace those files in the game's directory.

That game still scares the shit out of me to this day. I just about bricked my pants the first time a facehugger got me.

[quote name='wEEman33']I have the $5 AvP you can get on Steam.

Search around on the Steam AvP forums and there's a guy who has all the original FMV files and an updated sound database available for download. You can then replace those files in the game's directory.

That game still scares the shit out of me to this day. I just about bricked my pants the first time a facehugger got me.[/QUOTE]

I found a "Redux" mod on the Steam forums -- looks like they've updated lots of textures/sounds. Based on the description, I'm not sure if this mod includes the original AvP FMV:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-versus-predator-classic-redux/downloads/avp-classic-redux-r1

This mod just changes the FMV back to the vanilla AvP:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-versus-predator-classic-redux/downloads/original-ingame-fmvs

Wow, awesome work gentlemen.

I just remember playing through Gold for the first time (after having played the original) and watching the guy on the computer monitors saying something to the tune of "oh no! We have sightings of the Predator creature nearby...", which met with my immediate facepalm. The problem being that the "Predator" (as we know it) wouldn't be referred to by that name within the context of the universe. Usually, the creature or creatures are just referred to as "Hunters" in the Dark Horse comics (and even the films, I suppose :p).

It's a silly thing, I know, but to a huge fan of the Aliens Vs. Predator universe, its just lazy and corny. A similar example would be like if Roy Scheider from the movie "Jaws" (the sheriff), calling the shark Jaws, in a completely serious manner. It wouldn't make sense.

Just wanted to say that, hehe. Didn't feel like I needed to defend my position or anything, just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Anyways, thanks for pointing me in the right direction for those mods.

I liked this game i loved playing the human side first. I was very pleased with it which is odd from all the hate this game got. I finished the human side and started the alien side which i played 2 hours of and liked it to. The MP is a joke and is so bad which i bet most people tried first and just had that ack feel to it. Then you got the pc gamers not liking it cause they rate it against pc games of the past. The console is not a pc and for what it is for single player it is well worth the $35 used i paid a long time ago.

I liked it enough i am super tempted in buying the hunter edition now. The steel case is awesome and the hugger looks nice and there is nothing else out there like it! I like how people compare this version to the movie made stuff they used in the movies. If you want one of those pay a few thousand or whatever IF they ever sell them on ebay or what not. To many people want a perfect replica of something and i seen this hugger and for the price of the content this all comes with this is a steal. If you are a hater of the game sell it and buy black ops or something.

Thanks op another $30+ spent on another game i had already. :)

Just got mine in the mail - facehugger is indeed broken. Already put a ticket in @ Sega and am waiting for a reply. For those who have already gone through this, how long does it usually take to receive a replacement?

VERY nice LE, and I can see why they were originally asking $100 for this baby. Once again, thanks OP!

[quote name='Gabrius']Just got mine in the mail - facehugger is indeed broken. Already put a ticket in @ Sega and am waiting for a reply. For those who have already gone through this, how long does it usually take to receive a replacement?

VERY nice LE, and I can see why they were originally asking $100 for this baby. Once again, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

It took me 3 or 4 days to get a reply back from sega. But they email you and will ask for pic of the broken hugger or the DLC key, then takes a few more days to get a confirmation that the new hugger is on the way.

Should also mention to you fine folks ordering the PS3 version, feel free to add me to your friends list if you want do try for some of the online trophies (namely "Six-Pack").

No mic on my end, but certainly able to listen to anyone organizing a group together for that.

Stay frosty, and remember to check those corners.

[quote name='Hudson187']Stupid question -- how do you know if the tail is broken? I got mine in today and it *seems* to be fine...[/QUOTE]

It'll literally be broken off the rest of the model. Mine was, at least.

[quote name='Gabrius']It'll literally be broken off the rest of the model. Mine was, at least.[/QUOTE]

OK -- looks like I got a good one! Yay for me! :applause::lol:

man i really wanna get this but those multiplayer trophies piss me off, i really wanna start writing to certain devs to create patches for multiplayer trophies when servers go down or something, goddammit (except for those mp only games i guess)

Got mine yesterday. Facehugger was broken at the tail, signed up with sega.com for a replacement and we shall see. Also good to note is DLC IS EXPIRED, expired on March 30 2011. Sure would have been nice for Amazon to have made a note of it ;(

[quote name='Korben']Got mine yesterday. Facehugger was broken at the tail, signed up with sega.com for a replacement and we shall see. Also good to note is DLC IS EXPIRED, expired on March 30 2011. Sure would have been nice for Amazon to have made a note of it ;([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried the code that came with my copy and it [obviously] didn't work. It would've been cool if it actually worked though.

[quote name='MKScorpion']Yeah, I tried the code that came with my copy and it [obviously] didn't work. It would've been cool if it actually worked though.[/QUOTE]

I contacted/complained to Amazon about the "Item Not as Described" problem. Content costs $6.99 on PSN, they should at least refund that amount. Let you guys know what comes of it...(probably nothing, amazon customer support is bad with English...).

[quote name='SPVietBoy']man i really wanna get this but those multiplayer trophies piss me off, i really wanna start writing to certain devs to create patches for multiplayer trophies when servers go down or something, goddammit (except for those mp only games i guess)[/QUOTE]

Are the servers down?

[quote name='joshnorm']No just empty[/QUOTE]

well now that a bunch of us got the game it be cager's night all the time lol :lol:

Just got my but the facehugger tail was broken.

YOU SONS OF BITCHES! THE TAIL WAS BROKEN!!!!!!!!

Exactly what's the procedure to get a Facehugger replacement? Is there a specific spot on the website for that, or do you just send out a general E-mail?

[quote name='nietzsche74']Just got my but the facehugger tail was broken.

YOU SONS OF BITCHES! THE TAIL WAS BROKEN!!!!!!!!

Exactly what's the procedure to get a Facehugger replacement? Is there a specific spot on the website for that, or do you just send out a general E-mail?[/QUOTE]
The last time I checked it was still down but you have to go to the Sega website and sign up for Sega Pass. Once you are signed up you fill out a ticket for the Facehugger replacement.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']The last time I checked it was still down but you have to go to the Sega website and sign up for Sega Pass. Once you are signed up you fill out a ticket for the Facehugger replacement.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir, but now I'm starting to get more than a little concerned about these "down" portions of their website. I have a very miserable feeling that their latest batch of replacement facehuggers were probably somehow involved.

:puke:

Maybe somebody ought to call the Colonial Marines...

bread's done
Back